India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Indian Idol VS American Idol

Alamelu IF-Rockerz
Alamelu
Alamelu

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 11:42am | IP Logged
I just started watching American Idol just to see how different or same it was from Indian Idol..........these are the things I noticed .......please post your opinions too.......

1.  Not too much focus on dresses in American Idol...so far.....contestants seem to wear something simple.......
2.  Focus was on singing alone...not performance.........the judges kept talking about contestants' singing, what they felt when they listened to them....

In Indian idol.....
1. performance and dressing seem to take a focus rather than the singing.....except by sonu and sometimes by anu........definitely not by Farah.....she should definitely not be a judge here at all..........

This is again my humble opinion...........what's yours??????

manimau Senior Member
manimau
manimau

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 11:53am | IP Logged
I completely agree with you on this.... that the focus should be on the singing and singing alone......
I know the Indian Idol will be doing a lot of stage shows.... It is not that we do not know how a magical voice will keep the audiance mesmerized..... We know that the legends like Lata Mangeshkar can just stand on the stage in a white saree and sing and spellbound the audiance for more than 3 hours, then why not try to choose/find some one who can do the same only and only with her/his voice, delivering the songs that are technically the best and rich in feelings.
I do not understand this need for the performance.
lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 11:58am | IP Logged
I have been watching American Idol from the very beginning. It is far better than Indian Idol.

-- Like you said the stress is not on performance & appearance but solely singing. It is completely opposite in Indian Idol. Too much stress on looks,performance and melodrama.

-- Moreover the most important aspect is that in American Idol they do not disclose the city of the participants except during the 1st introduction. In Indian Idol gaon ki ladki melodrama was too much. It got tiresome and that's how the regionalism started.

-- The amount of time allowed for voting is also restricted in American Idol which is what it should be. In India ppl keep voting throughout the night which is ridiculous.

IndianGirlNeha Groupbie
IndianGirlNeha
IndianGirlNeha

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 11:59am | IP Logged
Although I see that the focus is majorly on singing, I find American Idol just tooooo boring..there's no spunk..mainly because their songs are usually old and not the newer ones due to copyright in US...they dont have anything interesting when compared to II..don't beat me Ouch lol...but I prefer II much much more than AI
lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:00pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by xMrs. Datex

i agreeeeeeeeee
i think sonu nigam is tryna act like simon cowell Confused LOL
lol btw i love kelly clarcksonnn shes gorgeous n gt a lovely voice <3 Kelly <3

But Simon is not biased like Sonu. Smile I love Simon Cowell.

I love Fantasia the most among all the 4 American Idols so far.

jayy Senior Member
jayy
jayy

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
true
Alamelu IF-Rockerz
Alamelu
Alamelu

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:34pm | IP Logged
Talking of regionalism........was it such a big deal during Idol I.........it seems to be getting worse after SRGMP incident........I thought Idol I was more on singing talent....the top 4 there definitely prove that......look at the top 4 here.......huge difference.....

so what changed in a year!!!!!!!!
RonnieK IF-Rockerz
RonnieK
RonnieK

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovely

Originally posted by xMrs. Datex

i agreeeeeeeeee
i think sonu nigam is tryna act like simon cowell Confused LOL
lol btw i love kelly clarcksonnn shes gorgeous n gt a lovely voice <3 Kelly <3

But Simon is not biased like Sonu. Smile I love Simon Cowell.

I love Fantasia the most among all the 4 American Idols so far.

In American Idol they do care about performance, especially Simon because he said before to contestants that their performance was boring and etc.

Fantasia can't read.  LOL

Go to top