Lata to marry Sandeep in April

sheetald thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Lata
Sabharwal

The latest small screen actress to get hitched is Lata Sabharwal (Shalini of the SaharaOne soap Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki), who will tie the knot with director Sandeep Daraa on April 30. Daraa is presently based in Jakarta, Indonesia.

"Ours has been a long-distance relationship. He even proposed to me over the phone," says Lata. "Daraa is on a two-year assignment for a local channel in Jakarta. He left Mumbai last April. He is coming down to Mumbai for a holiday next month, so we decided to get married then."

Daraa has directed television shows like Yeh Nazdeekiyan, Shagun, Dishayen and Tumhari Disha.

"I had acted in Dishayen, which used to air on DD 1 but I barely knew him that time. He was only a director. When the show wrapped up, there was a bash and that's when we actually clicked and got talking.

Later, we were together at two or three other parties. We became good friends, but soon it was time for him to leave for Jakarta. It was only once he got there that we realised there was more to our friendship. Soon after, he proposed to me over the phone."

Sagaai-on-phone

The engagement ceremony was held six months ago and Daraa was missing in action. "His family and mine decided to have a get-together, and throughout, I had to tell what was happening over the phone."

Sabharwal has featured in serials like Arzoo Hai Tu, Awaaz – Dil Se Dil Tak, Jhoot Bole Kawve Kate and Shaka Laka Boom Boom. "I have also just taken on a weekly show, Apradhi Kaun? which airs on DD. I play a forensics expert in this crime show," she says.

The actress has also done films like Ishq Vishq and Raghu More: Bachelor of Hearts. She will also be seen on the big screen in Rajshri's film Vivaah, directed by Sooraj Barjatya, starring Shahid Kapoor and Amrita Rao.

"I play the role of Shahid Kapoor's bhabhi," she says. "We will soon be leaving for a 20-day shoot schedule in Nainital."

Sabharwal's wedding will be held in Mumbai in the traditional way. "As we both are Punjabis, it will be a typical wedding. At the moment, I am concentrating on the shoots of my soaps and my big-screen Vivaah, after which I will focus on my real-life one," she laughs.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

khushix thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
thanks for the article....and congrats to shalini jiji!
Lil Ms.Sunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for the article (she's gonna get married on my birthday!! 😉 )
TiNa58 thumbnail
Moderator's Note:
I had posted this article earlier..