Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Bitter Kandy: Rakhi-Sandhya face-off

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 9:39am | IP Logged

Sandhya Mridul Rakhi Sawant

Sony's Kandy Floss has been in the news even before it went on air.

The Balaji non-fiction show that debuts tonight has had its share of drama during a shoot.

Sources say that a feature on Sandhya Mridul and item girl Rakhi Sawant turned into a hot zone as soon as Rakhi started talking.

Total opposites

"It was evident that they didn't want to be in the same room. Both have distinct personalities, totally opposite to each other," said a source.

Apparently, Sandhya was shocked with Rakhi's forthrightness. "It was difficult to control Rakhi, as she kept being provocative and controversial with her quotes. The host of the show also had a difficult time handling them together."

When contacted, the creative head for the show, Sandiip Sikcand said, "I wasn't present at the shoot, so am not aware about a tiff between them. But full marks to Rakhi for being honest, outspoken and true to herself. She is one of the rare people who came on Kandy and spoke their hearts out."

Main bhi Mallika

Rakhi didn't flinch from being vocal about her Kandy experience. "Why should I lie? If someone asks me something, I will speak the truth. If anyone has issues with my personality, I can't help it. Not everyone can be a Mallika Sherawat or a Rakhi Sawant."

But didn't her comments make Sandhya uncomfortable? "I had the guts to speak my mind, unlike the other person, so why should I feel bad about it."
Sandhya preferred not to comment when contacted.

Apart from issues between actors, the show has also had drama with people working on it.

Sikcand adds, "The fact that Kandy is going on air is a tight slap to those who joined us, and then left. They said this project would never see the light of the day. In spite of all the hurdles, I am glad we have got people to open up like never before and be candid in their conversations."

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top