Barkha quits Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka

monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Barkha quits Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka
   By: Tushar Joshi
   December 26, 2005

Barkha Bisht with boyfriend Karan
Barkha Bisht (previously seen in Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi and Kavyanjali) has made up her mind about not doing Balaji's new show, Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka. "It wasn't an easy decision, she says, about leaving Nimmo.

The actress played the role of Nimmo's sister on the show. "I didn't want to keep doing character roles for a long time. I really want to concentrate on my career and am looking at lead roles."

Is Barkha working in Rajshri's next production? "It's too early to talk about this right now. Nothing has been confirmed," she says.

What prompted her to leave Balaji and seek work outside? "I owe a lot to Balaji, this is the place where I started and learnt. I have a lot of sentiments attached to this production house. But since I have made my decision I have to stick with it."

Wasn't she supposed to be a part of Kavyanjali? "Yes, I did that show for a bit, but I haven't shot with them for the last three months."

Motivating factor

Barkha says her desire to do a lead stems from the fact that she wants to prove her abilities to her dad.

"My father wasn't keen on me taking up acting. Even though I know I am doing this against his will, I want to do him proud by showing him good work."

The actress says there is a lot of potential in her that needs to be tapped. "I am a hard working person and love challenges. I am even looking at films; I will take up anything that excites me and gives me scope to prove myself."

Boyfriend supported her

When asked how boyfriend Karan Singh reacted to her leaving the show, she says, "Even though he supported my decision, I knew he wasn't too happy with it. Both of us met during the auditions of Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi, so it was an emotional moment for him as well."

http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2005/december/126872.htm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Noor.T thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanx a lot monika di !
Noor
sus143 thumbnail
isn't dat guys play in kzk as sarad
fm05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thx for posting..now she owes a lot to Bajali..she is just regretting the media backlash for her hasty decision! 😳 😆