Page 8 of 10

soooperfan

Goldie

soooperfan

Posted: 19 May 2006 at 1:13am | IP Logged
Sanjeeda
TV actress

"I am really close to the character Nimmo and I don't want any changes in her"

Rahul_Delhi_Se> Like your name, are you really serious in real life? Who gave this name to you?
Sanjeeda Ar> My grandfather kept my name. In real life, I take life as it comes. But when something has to be taken really seriously then I become sanjeeda.

A_Luvin_Frnd> What is that one thing that you would like to change in Nimmo's character?
Sanjeeda Ar> I am really close to the character Nimmo and I don't want any changes in her.

Rahul_Delhi_Se> What is Mr Navjot Singh Sidhu playing in the serial. His role hasn't been specified as yet?
Sanjeeda Ar> He is playing the god.

Angelface> I am really enjoying your show. You are playing your character really well. How is it like working with Eijaz Khan on the sets?
Sanjeeda Ar> It's feels really nice to know that you like my performance. Working with Eijaz Khan is great fun .

Rahul_Delhi_Se> How did you get your break in kyaa hoga nimmo ka ? Tell us about the movies you did in south?
Sanjeeda Ar> I met Ekta Kapoor at a common friend's party and she approached me for the role. I have done 3 movies down south, called Shubham, Punniyan Selvan and Moddulakodk.

Hiphop> You have worked in both films and television serials. Which one does you like the most?
Sanjeeda Ar> I like both equally but TV is a little more hectic.

Bright> Tell us about the off screen Sanjeeda. If she had not been an actress would have been?
Sanjeeda Ar> If not an actress I would have been a dance instructor because I was a dance instructor before I started acting. Off screen Sanjeeda is very simple; she begins the day with a positive attitude and is very enthusiastic .

A_Luvin_Frnd> When is Nimmo's character getting a makeover?
Sanjeeda Ar> Just wait and watch...

Rahul_Delhi_Se> Are you against god in real life too like your on screen character?
Sanjeeda Ar> Neither am I bias and very religious. But I do believe in god.

Chatterfly> What is your dream role?
Sanjeeda Ar> My dream would be Rani Mukherjee's role in the movie "Black"

Rahul_Delhi_Se> I really feel that you have a more beautiful face than many Bollywood actresses? Would you like to join Bollywood if given a chance?
Sanjeeda Ar> If I get an opportunity I will not leave it.

Angelface> I think you are very pretty, especially your eyes. When does the pony tail go?
Sanjeeda Ar> Thank you so much. The pony will go very soon.

Rahul_Delhi_Se> Define yourself in just 5 words?
Sanjeeda Ar> I am simple, naughty, vibrant, honest and innovative.

Cute_Parsi_Boy> Being an Ekta Kapoor protg, will you work with her camp forever or will you leave it if you get a better offer.
Sanjeeda Ar> There couldn't be anything better than Balaji Production. It's the best production house.

Nafisa> What is your style mantra?
Sanjeeda Ar > My style mantra is something which is very comfortable. I love wearing sexy tops, jeans and skirts .

Rahul_Delhi_Se> What's your favourite food and which is your favourite place? Would you like to come to my house in Delhi if I invite you for a dinner?
Sanjeeda Ar > My favourite food is chicken. And I love partying in Mumbai. I would love to come over for dinner, if you will cook chicken for me .

Nafisa> Is sanjeeda different from nimmo?
Sanjeeda Ar > Yes she is different from nimmo but there are some similarities also like both are clumsy and both live for the present and don't think about tommrrow .

Ssss99> What is your greatest regret?
Sanjeeda Ar > I have no regrets in life.

Kppp> when are you getting married?
Sanjeeda Ar > I am not thinking about marriage for the next 5 years but I love the feeling of getting married .

Sign off Message > Nimmo loves you all. Keep watching kya hoga nimmo ka . Love Sanjeeda.

SORRY IF POSTED B4

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Articles Archive (Page 8)" in Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 25 May 2006 at 7:21am | IP Logged

Dara Singh has a Nice Ride till now
With his first film King Kong in 1962, Dara Singh established himself as a strong screen presence and shot to fame. He became one of the most sought after wrestlers of Bollywood in the years to come. Dara Singh also did many character roles, the most memorable one being the role of Amitabh's father in the Manmohan Desai directed film Mard. However, muscle man Dara Singh shot to more fame when he essayed the role of Hanuman in Ramanand Sagar's popular television serial Ramayan.

Though quite old, Dara Singh played the role to perfection and people started identifying him as Hanuman. He then started doing more of serials and gained popularity. Television sees the return of the legend courtesy the serial, Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka where Dara Singh plays Nimmo's dadaji. A down to earth, soft-spoken person in real life, Vamshee Krishna interviewed the legend who was more than willing to share his views with us.

Tell us about your role in Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka?
I play Nimmo's grandfather in the serial. The two of them share a special relationship. I am the indulgent grandfather whom Nimmo consults for any important decision in her life. I represent the elderly image of the family.

You have had an eventful journey, from wrestling to movies to TV soaps. How does it feel?
It has been a nice ride till now. I have experienced a lot right from the beginning. I loved what I did in all the movies I featured in. I also have fond memories of the serial Had Kar Di where I played the role of an adorable Dadaji. Any role that comes to me has to appeal to me.

You have consistently been seen as a grandfather on the small screen. Why is it so?
Well you have to take into consideration the fact that I am an old man (laughs). I am a grandfather myself in real life. These type of roles suit me and as long as I feel I look and feel the part, I will continue to deliver good performances as a grandfather.

Have you signed any movies of late?
I have signed a film called Marathon. It is a women oriented movie that will get completed in about six months I guess. The film has sports as its main theme. I loved the role they offered me. I am proud to be associated with this film because of its orientation towards sports.

How does it feel to be a legend in the industry?
Everyone respects me. I feel I have earned the respect that people show towards me and that feeling always brings a smile on my face. I am blessed to have been a part of the film as well as television fraternity.
By Televisionpoint.com Team

Virgo_Stars

IF-Veteran Member

Virgo_Stars

--

Posted: 25 May 2006 at 3:03pm | IP Logged

Protesters march to Balaji House against K serials

Balaji Telefilms is at the receiving end again. Foetus-sex determination, marital rape and now the increasing incidence of extramarital relationships in Balaji's famous K soaps.

Slogans and placards marked the protest march in the lane outside Balaji House

A protest group, comprising different social organisations, led by Mumbai based Jain outfit Vriti Vrund, marched to the Balaji Telefilms headquarters in Andheri, suburban Mumbai on Thursday afternoon, insisting that Ekta Kapoor tone down her soaps to suit citizens' sensibilities. Over 100 women congregated outside Balaji House, waving placards and shouting slogans that decried the 'anti-cultural' note of Ekta's soaps.

The protesters, who are regular audiences of the K serials, said that while they have always been against the stand taken by these serials on various social issues, it was the mercy killing epiosode on Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi that proved to be the proverbial straw that broke their complacency.

Only a select few leaders of the march were finally let into Balaji House for talks

"These soaps are giving audiences options of an easy way out, and setting a bad example for our children by showing that mercy killing is an acceptable alternative," said Alpa Chedda, the leader of the march. Chedda also cited examples of extra marital affairs on shows like Kyunki.... and Kasautii Zindagi Kay, which she said are a bad influence on children.

"My four year old son has been asking me why I don't have two fathers, like the kids on Kyunki...?" simmers Sangeeta Ajmera, one of the protesters, who braved the sweltering Mumbai heat to stand outside the Balaji House for hours. Till the time of posting, no Balaji official had deigned to meet the protesters.

Over 100 women braved the summer heat to protest against the K serials

Such protests are however not new to Ekta Kapoor. In December 2004, the Republican Party of India (RPI) Ramdas Athawale faction held demonstrations outside Star India's office in Mumbai. The RPI activists were protesting what they termed an "insult to the Indian Constitution" (and by extension to Dalit icon and the man who penned this holy grail the late Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar) in an episode of Kyunki... which aired on 22 December. During this episode, Tulsi decried the fact that the Indian Constitution is ambiguous on the issue of marital rape.

Earlier, in 2002, enraged women's groups had registered a strong protest against a scene in Kyunki... which showed a pregnant woman undergoing a sex determination test. A few months later, another organisation Jagori, protested a scene in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, saying it showed a rapist unrepentantly justifying his action of raping a blind girl, Khushi. It apparently also showed the husband convincing his wife that the rape was committed not out of lust or desire for Khushi but out of a need to punish her for misbehaving'' and not respecting him enough.

How will Ekta Kapoor defend her serials this time? For a long time, none of the K soaps have generated much controversy, and ratings have more or less plateaued. Will this protest march only help in doing what it ostensibly doesn't set out to do - increase interest in the K serials?

Pics by Satej Shinde

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 29 May 2006 at 7:49am | IP Logged
Nimmo finds a place in our heart!

What happens when undiscovered talent, veteran actors and the queen of all production houses come together- you get a brilliant amalgamation called Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka! It is one of those soaps under the Balaji roof that has a completely different way of telling a story and keeps the audience rooted to their couch, undoubtedly!

The fresh talent is quite promising!

Unlike the storylines of other K serials which revolve around nothing but usual cranky drama, KHNK has something much more unusual to offer. The characters are well sketched and the actors playing it do complete justice to it.

The Gujarati element finds its space in this 'K' product again, but with a difference. But the creator brings in the Punjabi flavour too, which gives the former tough competition! So the audience has variety in a half hour slot!

Sanjeeda, Ekta's new find, shows potential, and needs no lessons to brush up on the essentials like (Ekta's) other freshers do! From acting to expressions, everything is up to the mark. Though the primary idea of her character, being middle class, sincere, a plain Jane and accident prone is clichd, her relationship with the Almighty is one aspect that keeps Nimmo ticking.

Coming to the heartthrob of the show, Eijaz Khan, ask any teenybopper and she will vouch that he looks even hotter! What took my breath away was his entry on the show. Ravishing is an understatement! His effort to look dumbstruck 24x7 turns out astounding. But in certain scenes, it's really difficult to pinpoint whether he's acting like the perplexed Kunal Sehgal or Eijaz literally missed on his acting bit!

Eijaz's hot quotient gets hotter!

The two leads have a very different chemistry to offer, while Nimmo is outright and smart; Kunal is as puzzled as ever. The contract marriage sequence and the following tracks are thoughtfully penned down. The exciting bit which I am desperately awaiting is the love angle between Nimmo and Kunal…

Bharati Achrekar, whose character of Kanta ben at first seemed 'just another replica' is unexpectedly, the heart of the show! She takes centerstage as soon as she makes an entry in each episode. Sujata Mehta and Muni Jha too have their moments; as a Gujarati couple, they complement each other very well. The two sisters, Swati and Naina, though not extraordinary, are still on their way to reach the level!

Navneet Nishan plays a glam vamp whose bitchy attitude as Parminder keeps the audience wanting more, but can't get enough. The sidekicks of the Sehgal house are the essentials for the fast moving storyline and completely fit in! Sanjeet Bedi does a good job too, but needs to cut down a bit on his excitement and get a little more expressive than he usual does.

Dolly Thakore's character suits her personality!

Though there are many USPs of this show, but one positively is Dolly Thakore's debut. Though she loses out on her delivery of Hindi dialogue, her personality and aura can make the audience overlook everything else.

Dara Singh as the lovable dadaji, seems well set on his way to becoming the next favourite octagenarian of TV viewers, after Kyunki's Ba.

Despite of having a line-up of characters, KHNK avoids getting messy or ignores its main track. The show has kick-started in the most convincing way, and one can only hope the fire sustains, and doesn't get dragged with viewers searching for new shows on the 10 pm slot elsewhere!

By RIYA V ANANDWALA
Posted on 29 May 2006 4:50 pm

Edited by monika.goel - 29 May 2006 at 7:50am

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 31 May 2006 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Ekta's boys party hard in Mauritius
   By: Upala KBR
   May 31, 2006

BAND BAJA DI, BOYS!
(L-R) Eijaz Khan, Shabbir Ahluwalia and Sanjit Bedi
When Ekta Kapoor flew the cast and crew of Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka to Mauritius last week, she thought it would be all work, and no play — but the boys in the cast thought otherwise, and partied hard on the outdoor.

Tashu ruined it

"Yes, it's true that Eijaz (Khan), Shabbir (Ahluwalia) and Sanjit (Bedi) had an all-guys party last Sunday," said Ekta. "In fact, the three of them, Tashu (Natassha) and I partied together till 1 am, but I went back to my hotel, as I was feeling tired.

Then the boys wanted to go out on their own, on a boys' night out, but Tashu insisted on going with them, so their night was ruined. Tashu didn't understand that they wanted to be alone. They partied till 8 the next morning, and Eijaz went straight to the shoot from there."

PARTY POOPER: Natassha
Says Shabbir, "Eijaz and I have known each other for a long time, so when we met up in Mauritius, Sanjit, Eijaz and I decided to party together. It was an impromptu decision." But doesn't Eijaz hate the sight of Shabbir and Sanjit? "That's not true at all. Eijaz and I are great pals," refutes Shabbir.

So where was the party held? "We had dinner and went to The Beach House nightclub, at the Grand Bay. It's a hotel on the beach, with singing, dancing and karaoke. The party broke off at about 6 am. We even danced on the beach," laughs the actor.

Beached spirits

They must have been pretty drunk to do that. "Yes, the spirits were high that night. We had a blast!" laughs Shabbir. But what was he doing in Mauritius? "I have a guest appearance in Nimmo, and was shooting for that."

Adds Kapoor, "Both Tashu and Shabbir have guest appearances in Nimmo."

Edited by monika.goel - 31 May 2006 at 8:06am

tv-fan

IF-Dazzler

tv-fan

Posted: 31 May 2006 at 2:45pm | IP Logged

E-mail this article
     Rate this article
Search archive      Comment

Print this article
     View Comments

Sakshi Tanwar

Shabbir Ahluwalia, Smriti Irani

Hiten Tejwani, Gurpreet singh, Eijaz Khan

Ronit Roy, Anita hassnandani

Ekta's blue-eyed brigade

TV actors clamour to work with this small-screen doyenne, but here Kapoor talks about the eight stars she just can't do without

Shabbir Ahluwalia
Kavyanjali, Kahiin To Hoga

Shabbir is a dear friend but when we're working, we keep personal and professional equations apart. We even move around in the same circle. I think he is the coolest villain we've had on TV.

Smriti Irani
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

We started interacting on a professional level but today, Smriti is a friend. I can never think about replacing her with any other actor as she is in a different league altogether. In fact, with our new show coming up, we have also become partners.

Hiten Tejwani
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

Hiten has been extremely loyal and dedicated to our production house. He takes his work very seriously and that's an asset. I'm sure his future is very bright.

Gurpreet singh
Kahiin To Hoga

I call him Sujal. The amount of hard work and effort he put in to live up to the old Sujal's image (Rajeev Khandelwal) is commendable. He is always willing to learn and that's what sets him apart from others.

Eijaz Khan
Kavyanjali, ...Nimmo Ka

When I was looking for a stylish character in Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka, I knew that Eijaz was apt for it. Apart from being an actor who works for my company, Eijaz is also a great human being.

Ronit Roy
Kasautii..., Kyunki...

Ronit has successfully managed to get into the skin of the characters that he portrays on screen. Ronit has his own vision when it comes to performing. But if you convince him, he gives in easily.

Anita hassnandani
Kavyanjali

She is not only a friend but a good actor as well. She is someone I trust implicitly and is like family to me.

Sakshi Tanwar
Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki

Saakshi is one actor who has never had any issues. She has never thrown any tantrums and is a delight to work with. I would describe her as a polite and professional actor.

SOurce: http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&ar ticleid=53120062344207035312006233725328#

smartrockstar

Goldie

smartrockstar

Posted: 31 May 2006 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
Eijaz in Mauritius

Eijaz Khan
In a time, where actors complain and whine about their long working hours and strenuous shoots, we have someone like Eijaz Khan, who's having a whale of a time on his Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka shoot.

The reason for his heightened state of excitement is he's in Mauritus. From an SMS we received from Khan, it seems that he's having more than just a good time.

"It's really amazing, I am having a great time. I just shot in a sports car on the beach, then in a speedboat, and things of that nature. It was almost like being James Bond."

Good for Eijaz, though we aren't too sure if Nimmo would happily join him as his glamorous sidekick.

smartrockstar

Goldie

smartrockstar

Posted: 31 May 2006 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
Eijaz in Mauritius

Eijaz Khan
In a time, where actors complain and whine about their long working hours and strenuous shoots, we have someone like Eijaz Khan, who's having a whale of a time on his Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka shoot.

The reason for his heightened state of excitement is he's in Mauritus. From an SMS we received from Khan, it seems that he's having more than just a good time.

"It's really amazing, I am having a great time. I just shot in a sports car on the beach, then in a speedboat, and things of that nature. It was almost like being James Bond."

Good for Eijaz, though we aren't too sure if Nimmo would happily join him as his glamorous sidekick.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top