Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 10

rocker

IF-Rockerz

rocker

My Perfect Valentines Contest

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 6:34am | IP Logged

SECOND ININGS.courtesy--Tv-fan[Lena] Smile

Veterans of the small screen are back in the reckoning as they face the cameras once again, finds BT
RESHMA S KULKARNi

BHARATI ACHAREKAR
Best remembered for: Wagle Ki Duniya. My Marathi plays too have been very popular. Back with: Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka. I play Kantaben, who is the nanny of Nimmo's mother. She has also taken care of Nimmo. Inspite of her old age, she's a complete livewire! What brings her back? I wasn't away for that long a time actually. I was doing Don't Worry, Ho Jaayega some three years back, apart from a few other programmes that were not very popular; hence, it seems that I was away for a very long time. Also, I was busy with theatre, my music concerts and my production house. With so much to keep me busy, I was waiting for a really good role to tempt me back to TV. Looking forward to? My maid has loved me in this role, where I play a nanny myself. She feels, it's a very realistic portrayal. So, judging by that comment, I think I can expect a great response.

DOLLY THAKORE
Best remembered for: Frankly, everything I've done be it newsreading, writing columns, doing theatre or recently, acting in a film! Back with: Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka. I play an authoritative businesswoman and grandmother Preet Sehgal, who controls the family's decisions, her husband's over-thetop nature and the purse strings of the house. What brings her back? The medium is something I was familiar with as a newsreader, but I had never really acted in it. Acting is a different ball game altogether and I took it up as a challenge! Looking forward to? I'm quite nervous, not because I'm playing a grandmother, but because this role of a grim matriarch is in complete contrast to my real-life gregarious, helpful persona that people are familiar with. So, I'm worried as to how the audience is going to accept me as this totally different character.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Articles Archive (Page 5)" in Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 7:57am | IP Logged

Is Ekta watching too much of Desperate Housewives?

Now don't get us wrong. Everyone, and that means 90 per cent of the TV industry in India, is inspired these days by the firang soaps .
But we thought a slick and smart production house like Balaji Telefilms with its horde of talented writers would not resort to picking ideas from say, a Desperate Housewives. Thursday's episode of Kyaa Hoga Nimmo Kaa left us with a distinct sense of deja vu.

Kunal (Eijaz Khan) who just entered the plot, has a dog Oscar, who gets after Nimmo, and while licking her face, accidentally swallows her earring. The dog chokes on the trinket, Kunal rushes him to the hospital, but is seething about the person who made his precious dog suffer.

Now, for those who caught Desperate Housewives' first season, will recall a similar incident occurred with Susan (a very Nimmo like fallible character, again) while she's at beau Mike's place, in the presence of Edie. Mike's liking for Susan turns into temporary dislike, something we suspect the Nimmo... track will make Kunal do too.

What next? A murder and a cover-up job? We wouldn't be too surprised.

Edited by monika.goel - 24 March 2006 at 7:57am

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Ekta goes middle class with new soap
Subhash K. Jha  [Thursday, March 23, 2006]

Mumbai, March 24 (IANS) TV tycoon Ekta Kapoor is on a new high with her foray into non-fiction programming "Kandy Floss" paying 'bitch' dividends and her new serial "Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka", which she describes as a tribute to the Basu Chatterjee brand of working class comedies.

" 'Kandy Floss' is catty, but not bitchy. But the response has been way beyond what we expected. Now I am charged about 'Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka'. Pataa nahin kya hoga Ekta ka," she joked about her new serial, which was unveiled March 20 on STAR One.

Ekta's first soap on STAR One is a new experience for her on many levels.

"It's my first soap on the new channel on STAR, therefore it has to work not just for Balaji (Films) but for the new channel. It's the funniest show on earth. Yet it isn't a comedy. It's got drama but no melodrama. I promise my audience that no one is going to die and come back," Ekta chuckles, drawing attention to the melodramatic mode that her serials generally adopt.

Ekta says the protagonist of her new serial Nimmo resembles her in many ways.

"You know Nimmo is in many ways like me. 'Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka' is my version of the Cinderella fairytale. Like me, she has simple dreams. Like me, she waits for the pumpkin to turn into a stagecoach. And yet Nimmo is very much rooted to the middleclass," Ekta told IANS in an interview.

She promises novelty in her new serial.

"Those who have accused me of making one kind of soaps will see that I have changed to another format. I have deviated without getting into reality TV or any of the non-fiction programming formats. 'Nimmo' sticks to my style and yet goes into a new territory.

"I'd say it's my tribute to the working-class comedies by Basu Chatterjee and Sai Paranjpye. It's like Chatterjee's Parsi 'Khatta Meetha' shifted to a Gujarati milieu. But, please, Nimmo's family is nothing like the Viranis in 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi'. There are Gujjus and Gujjus."

Ekta exults about her latest offering.

"Nimmo is your regular middleclass dreamer with normal dreams with two sisters who are considered far more capable and happening than Nimmo. The mom is not a shrew like Cinderella's stepmom. But she genuinely believes Nimmo to be a loser. But, boy, does she have surprises in store!"

She has roped in ex-cricketer and commentator Navjot Singh Sidhu to play the role of a narrator.

"To play Nimmo we got a new girl Sanjita. She has done a couple of south films. But she is completely new to Mumbai. As for Ejiaz Khan, he plays our Prince Charming very charmingly. Navjot Singh Sidhu is cast like a sutradhar who may or may not be god. Who knows! He keeps popping up at unexpected times to advise Nimmo. He's like the fairy godmother in Cinderella."

Ekta doesn't see herself as being responsible for giving the fledgling STAR One channel a twist in the TRPs.

"Why only 'Nimmo'? There are several other new soaps coming on STAR One. So far the channel hasn't really focused on fiction. Let's see how far 'Nimmo' helps."

Talk veers to Ekta's other new experiment.

"In just a week 'Kandy Floss' has ruffled quite a few feathers. And it is going to get more and more irreverent. The interview with Sandhya Mridul and Rakhi Sawant was a rocker. 'Kandy Floss' isn't for the weak at heart. I guess Balaji is finally growing bold."
http://nowrunning.com/news/news.asp?it=6124

Edited by monika.goel - 24 March 2006 at 12:15pm

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 25 March 2006 at 7:58am | IP Logged
White with a vengeance!

White seems to be in! And why not??? Summer's here and the swealtering heat seems to have affected our celeb brigade as well. Here, we check out some of them (since the list is endless) who decided to chuck the colours and stick to whites this season!

A looksie....

Dolly Thakore looks good in whatever she wears. But white suits her and she knows that! Usually in sarees, the lady teams them with great jewelry. Her neckpieces are to die for. With her foray into television, the lady is sure to turn a few heads and set fashion trends!
Sanjeeda really has miles to go before she makes style statements, but the actor is all set to creating her own style with her kurta and jeans look (credit must go to Nim Sood here who designs clothes for all Balaji shows). But here she is looking like the girl next door in this cotton white kurta with red motifs. Her simple, yet trendy look is her USP and frankly, that is what will catch on with the teens.
Hiten Tejwani looks cool and trendy sporting a crisp white shirt and with Ekta Kapoor as his arm candy, what else could a man want???? Seriously, the man dresses down, but sensibly so!
At a recently concluded award show, Sai Deodhar's new hairdo attracted more attention than her polka dotted white outfit! What was she thinking when she teamed the two??? We wonder.....
The one actor who cannot be blamed for dressing down is Sujata Mehta. Although the lady here's wearing a white salwar suit, she made up for the lack of culour by wearing all the jewelry that she had in her kitty...all, at one go!
In case you are wondering who this is, don't hold your breathe! This is Cyrus Sahukar doing a Simi Garewal. Although, as far as looks are concerned the man comes nothing close to being the style icon that Simi is, but every serious article needs a comic relief...and here, this is it!

PS: We are not promoting any detergent!

By ANANYA SENGUPTA
Posted on 25 March 2006 7:40 pm

Edited by monika.goel - 25 March 2006 at 7:58am

white rose

IF-Sizzlerz

white rose

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 3:05pm | IP Logged

Dolly turns dadi

Sudipto Chattopadhyay
Sunday, March 26, 2006 16:50 IST

After films and stage, Dolly Thakore plays grandmother in 'Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka'

What made you do television?

Balaji came to me with this offer. I thought why not try it out. I have been a newsreader, a journalist and even a stage and film actor! Playing the dadi (grandmother) in 'Nimmo' is so different from what I am. It's a big challenge for me.

What excites you about playing the role?

I'm not playing the typical dadi who can barely walk or talk. I have maintained a lot of my persona. I will be dressing up as I normally do - the sari, the big bindi will be intact. But the character is totally different from me as a person.

How is that?

There are a few dark shades in the character. Dadi in the serial wants to demolish slums, while in real life I am a social worker. Most of my dialogues are a mix of English and Hindi. This was an advantage since I am not very fluent in Hindi.

How has the experience been so far?

I have shot for just one episode and the experience has been good. Balaji has considered my requests regarding dates. After a month I'll tell you whether I am frustrated or not (laughs!).

Would you be accepting more serials now?

I am open to doing serials if I get good offers. But as of today I have not received any.

funkygirlz95

Goldie

funkygirlz95

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 8:33am | IP Logged

Nimmo has a man in her life!

Nimmo already has a 'special man' in her life! Well, we aren't talking about co star, Eijaz Khan, the man in her life is Amir Ali, who has been spotted with the lady quite a few times. And before the grapevine goes abuzz with news of their liason, let's clarify that the duo are old friends!

Sanjeeda

Amir and Sanjeeda knew each other long before she was spotted by Ekta Kapoor. Amir talks of her fondly and the lady reciprocates in kind.

"It's a very personal question...I keep hearing these stories about Amir and me! But I am mentally prepared for such stories now. Amir is a very special friend whom I have known for a very long time now. I knew him before I joined the television industry. We are family friends!," says Sanjeeda, reluctant to reveal anything more.

The duo were recently spotted at the Nimmo...launch party, where they kept whispering to one another, probably sharing acting tips!

Amir Ali

"We are really old friends. There's nothing more to it! We are great friends and it's great that she has got such a good break," says Amir, who is currently awaiting the release of three films.

When we ask the man what advice he gave to his friend before she faced the camera, the actor broke into peels of laughter. "Oh! women don't need any advice in these things. Probably, she'll give me some advice herself!" says Amir.

Well, said Amir!

funkygirlz95

Goldie

funkygirlz95

Posted: 28 March 2006 at 8:34am | IP Logged
Sanjeeda is Vanilla down South!

Well, the pretty young lead of Star One's, Kya Hoga...has a very...uh... interesting (used strictly for a lack of another adjective!) nickname down South -- vanilla! And no, the lady's not fond of vanilla ice cream!

We asked the actor to explain the logic behind her nickname and the lady just laughed it away!

"Vanilla means moonlight. They probably call me Vanilla because they could see the moonlight in me," laughs Sanjeeda.

Uh!

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 06 April 2006 at 8:23am | IP Logged
Nimmo at it again!

Nimmo has managed to ruin all the food at the party. Kunal's Dadi callously asks Vikrant to sort everything out and Nimmo is very embarrassed. At home everyone comforts a crying Nimmo. Both Naina and Nimmo spend a lot of time thinking about Vikrant and Nimmo is worried that he may be upset with her due to the events of the evening.

Dadaji questions Kunal about his marriage plans yet again. At the office, Nimmo goes to Vikrant with her resignation, but Vikrant is not only supportive of her, but also tells her that he needs to talk to her about something important. Swati realises that Nimmo is delighted about something and talks to her. Nimmo admits to Swati that she loves Vikrant and that he has asked to talk to her. At the hotel, Nimmo runs into Naina and tells her about Vikrant. Before Naina can say anything to Nimmo, Vikrant comes there and announces that he loves Naina. Nimmo is hurt and embarrassed, but she congratulates them and leaves. Nimmo is walking on the road all by herself and starts to cry.

By THE TELLY CHAKKAR TEAM
Posted on 6 April 2006 12:40 pm

Edited by monika.goel - 06 April 2006 at 8:23am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top