white rose IF-Sizzlerz
white rose
white rose

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Sanjit replaces Mohit as Vikrant
   By: Sandipan Dalal
   December 13, 2005

I want meatier roles: Sanjit Bedi

After Hiten Tejwani replaced Cezanne Khan, it's time for Mohit Malik (from Palkhee), who was roped in to play the second lead, to pack his bags from Balaji's Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka.

The new Vikrant to step in is Sanjit Bedi of Sanjivani — A Medical Boon fame, who has been missing in action for a while now.

In fact, the actor couldn't have asked for a better deal, as he will shortly be seen playing a cameo in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii.

Double whammy

Confirming the news, the actor says, "As far as Nimmo is concerned, it's one of those mind-blowing scripts that I have heard after a long time. I'm glad I accepted. But I was always their first choice; I had turned it down initially, as we had to address certain issues. Now, with things getting sorted out, I'm back in the grind."

Talking further about the role he says, "The story revolves around this trio — Kunal (Hiten), Vikrant (Sanjit) and Nimmo (Sanjeeda). Kunal and Vikrant are best buddies. While Kunal is a rich entrepreneur, Vikrant happens to manage his work in the office. Nimmo lands up with a job in the same office and has to report to Vikrant. The complications arise when her admiration for Vikrant turns into love; eventually, she marries Kunal."

Tough lawyer

In Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Bedi plays Kothari, a suave lawyer who fights the case for Shikhar (Rohit Bakshi) after he gets implicated for an MMS scandal involving Mayuri (Adita Wahi).

Adds the creative head on the show, Sandiip Sikcand, "Suresh Mehra (Mohnish Behl) hires Kothari, who is one of the best lawyers in town, to fight the suit Parvati (Sakshi Tanwar) slaps Shikhar for masterminding an MMS scandal."

Bedi's gain is Malik's loss

While Bedi's to happy to enter the Balaji camp with a meatier role, rumours are rife that Mohit Malik was replaced overnight, without any prior notice.

A source informs, "Mohit had a very sad experience. He left Paalkhi (Zee) for Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka, but this is how he's rewarded by getting pulled out of the show." On the other hand, Malik has now been offered a cameo after Bedi agreed to take up the show.

Says Malik, "I got to know that I've been replaced on the show. But I'm not doing the cameo as what was promised to me was much bigger."

sandipan.dalal@mid-day.com

white rose IF-Sizzlerz
white rose
white rose

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 11:07am | IP Logged
Thakore: From Dolly to dadi
   By: Tushar Joshi
   December 6, 2005

GOODNESS GRACIOUS me: Dolly Thakore

You have seen her on stage, and at society dos… now brace yourself to see Dolly Thakore on the small screen.

Actress (she was recently seen in Mahabanoo Modi Kotwal's The Vagina Monologues) and socialite, Dolly Thakore, is set to make her television acting debut with Balaji's, Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka.

Opposite Dara Singh

"I will be playing the role of a grandmother opposite Dara Singh," reveals Dolly. My last acting bit was in Madhur Bhandarkar's Page 3. When I got a call from Balaji for the role, I heard what they had to offer, and said yes. Although I haven't seen many of their shows, I know they are a good place to work in."

Planned move

Her role as a dadi is pivotal and crucial to the drama. "I haven't started shooting yet. My schedule starts from the first week of January." But won't a daily create chaos in her social schedule? "Not at all. I have allotted 15 days a month to them, so I will plan my other engagements accordingly."

Dashing dadi

Will she retain her trademark bindi on the show? "I haven't had any meetings with the costume designer of the show, so I'm clueless about my look. But I am sure this dadi will be different from the other dadis we have seen on the screen," she says.

tushar.joshi@mid-day.com

monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 2:24pm | IP Logged

Tara to play wannabe socialite

Navneet Nishan, aka Tara, joins the cast of Nimmo...

Reena Thapar Kapoor

Navneet Nishan

Sujata Mehta

Navneet Nishan became a household name with her show, Tara, and was a pioneer of sorts in the television industry. Despite her popularity, she disappeared into oblivion once the show closed shop. She was seen playing small parts in a few big films but none could get her the same recognition.

Nishan seemed to have vanished even from TV. She says, "I admit that there are no great roles written for women these days. After Tara, no producer or director offered me any earth-shattering roles. Hence, I couldn't retain the standards that I set for myself after Tara."

The talented actress is now set to begin a new chapter in her life, and will be seen in Balaji's new show Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka on Star One. Incidentally, Nishan had turned down Balaji's Kavyanjali last year. So, what prompted her to take up Nimmo? "I guess I was destined to be part of the Balaji group sooner or later..." she laughs. "I play the part of a wannabe socialite, Pam, on the show. Pam is a Punjabi woman who is stylish and poised. I'm terribly excited about playing this grey character."

Nishan reveals that the character has been conceived by Ekta Kapoor herself. "I'm told that she doesn't meet too many people but I'm glad that we had a great and long meeting over 'Pam.' Ekta had a certain image of the character in her mind, and has explained it to me."

Nishan began shooting for the show yesterday. "I've got a stylish hair-colour to suit the character," she says.

However, the idea of shooting for a daily show does have her running scared. "I hope I can cope with the pressures," she concludes.

•  After Tara, no producer or director offered me any earth-shattering roles. Hence, I couldn't retain the standards that I set for myself after Tara – Navneet Nishan

AUNTIES ARE BACK

•  Sujata Mehta in Nimmo...

•  Tabassum in Dyar Ke Do Naam Ek Radha Ek Shyaam

•  Rati Agnihotri in Sixer

Edited by monika.goel - 10 March 2006 at 2:24pm
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 17 March 2006 at 8:32pm | IP Logged

Eijaz enters Nimmo as Kunal
   By: Tushar Joshi
   March 18, 2006
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Eijaz Khan
Eijaz Khan stepped into someone else's shoes in Kavyanjali almost a year back. Now, he has started shooting for Star One's Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka.

"I wasn't really sure in the beginning if I was part of Nimmo. I only believed it the day I was asked to report on the sets." So what is Khan doing on the show? " I play Kunal Sehgal — a successful entrepreneur who lives life lavishly. He likes having pretty girls around him and doesn't shy away from flirting."

Fun at work

Apart from bagging a new show and a fresh start, Eijaz is also relaxed as he's working with good friend Sanjit Bedi. "We have lots of fun on the sets. Both of us hate Himesh Reshammiya songs, and can't stand the way he sings. Like me, Sanjit, too, is a foodie. We keep ordering food from outside, and the atmosphere is definitely more fun."

Playing a lead in Kavyanjali, one of television's most ambitious shows, took a toll on the actor. It took a while for Eijaz to adjust to the long working hours and haywire schedules.

"It has been a bumpy ride. I have had my share of accolades and brickbats. Kavyanjali has definitely been a learning experience for me, not just as an actor, but as a person as well," he says.

New look

When asked about his look on Nimmo, he said, "It's definitely different from what you have seen of me in Kavyanjali. The hairstyle and the clothes are more fun and less serious. I am really excited about my entry sequence that has been shot in a really different way. Also, you will see me wearing pyjamas and t-shirts, something younger and more contemporary."

How was it working with a newcomer like Sanjida? "She doesn't seem like a debutante at all. She's an extremely intelligent girl, and knows exactly what she's doing."

Recently there was buzz that the actor will make an exit from Kavyanjali. "Yes, I have heard about it. But I don't know, it may or may not happen. I really don't want to get involved with creative decisions. I will do exactly what's asked of me."

Added Nivedita Basu, creative head for Kavyanjali, "We haven't decided anything regarding Eijaz's track in Kavyanjali yet. Both he and Iqbal (Khan) will be sharing screen space as of now."

Sources indicate Kavyanjali is focussing on the love angle. "Yes, I think the story is now going back to where it all began, the romance between Anjali and me," said Eijaz.

monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 9:33am | IP Logged
I have never watched a Balaji show"

Dolly Thakore has many facets to her personality. The elegant lady is a journalist, social worker, theatre person,socialite and has acted in the films like Page 3 and Maine Gandhi Ko Nahi Mara is all set to debut on television with Star One's Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka produced by Balaji Telefilms.She is also known as India's first newsreader on television.

Kavita Shyam spoke to the forthright lady to find out what made her take up this assignment

What is your role in the show?

Dolly Thakore: Ready to experiment with roles

I am playing a grandmother who controls the family. She is a dominating woman and has worked the hard way up to run the business and has great judgment of character. There are no short cuts for her and she has her favourites in the family also she seldom makes mistakes. There will be a negative aspect to my character which will be conflicting with what I believe in.

How does it feel to debut on television?
It is not my debut on television as I have been a newsreader but yes this is the first time I am doing a serial. It is a different capacity and an exposure to a different kind of an audience.

Can you relate to a Balaji show?
I have never wactched any of the Balaji shows. So Balaji sent me a few DVDs of their shows so that I could get a fair idea. These shows are not the kind of shows I'd spend my time watching. But I am an actress, I have done lots of theatre and they chose me to do this particular role for their show. Balaji has been very co-operative. Besides my look in the show will be the same as I am in real life, from my ethnic saris to the bindi and jewellery will be intact. They want me tobe myself.

Dolly Thakore and Bharti Achrekar:Veteran actors come together

You have been associated with English theatre so far,how will you take to Hindi soaps?
Well, it is a learning experience and I am looking forward to mouthing the Hindi dialogues. In fact I think I can manage Hindi pretty well and being in Mumbai I am quite fine with the language.

How is it work with the Balaji team?
I have just shot one episode and have had four days of shooting so I can't begin to complain and can not make any judgments or jump to any conclusions.

Would you like to work in more television soaps in the future?
I don't know, it is a very hypothetical situation. I would like to work on television and be associated with what the young woman are getting to work in.

Posted on 18 March 2006 3:30 pm

Edited by monika.goel - 18 March 2006 at 9:33am
funkygirlz95 Goldie
funkygirlz95
funkygirlz95

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 10:47am | IP Logged

March, 17 2006
Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka, Star One per
After the stupendous success of shows like The Great Indian Laughter Challenge & Nach Baliye, Star One is bringing its biggest show to hit television screens – 'Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka' (KHNK). Produced by Balaji Telefilms, KHNK will be aired on Star One from Monday to Thursday at 10:00 p.m., starting March 20, 2006.

This half hour show, Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka, boasts of a spectacular star cast including the veteran telly actors like Dara Singh, Dolly Thakore, Bharati Achrekar, Sujata Mehta, Navneet Nishan and some of the popular stars such as Rakhi Tandon, Sanjit Bedi, Muni Jha, Eijaaz Khan & the protagonist Nimmo, played by the newcomer Sanjeeda. And that's not all…the surprise package comes in the form of Navjot Singh Sidhu in a never-seen-before avatar, as he plays GOD himself!

Says Ms. Shailja Kejriwal, Senior Creative Director, Star India, "Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka will by far be one of our biggest launches this year. After the successful launch of shows like The Great Indian Laughter Challenge Dwitiya, D.O.N and other shows on the 'Fantastic Friday', we aim to create the same excitement with Kya Hoga Nimmo Kya on weekdays. Produced by Balaji Telefilms, the leaders in television programming, KHNK has one of the most promising star cast. Star TV's association with Balaji Telefilms has been a successful combination and we are thrilled to welcome them to be a part of the Star One family now!"

Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka is a Cinderella story of a middle class girl, Nimmo Mathuria… a girl who is very confident, bubbly and full of life! She is very content and satisfied with her life. But she is very clumsy as she trips often…breaks glasses quite often and gets into trouble. Nimmo accepts everything gracefully as part of her life. She has a close-knit family that consists of her mother, Kantaben, two sisters Naina and Swati and her dad, Anand. Nimmo is closest to her dad. Comparatively, her two younger sisters Swati and Naina are very different… Naina wants to be a Miss India and wants to marry a rich man, whereas Swati is highly practical, bold and wants to marry a guy who either has his own news channel or should have enough money to open one of his own! Nimmo's mother dreams of being a Page3 regular, but her father is a humble man & the closest to Nimmo.

Will Nimmo's luck finally change? Will she be able to carve a niche for herself in the Segal family & in Kunal's heart? To find out all this & more… share a tear, few smiles & lots of laughter with Nimmo & her family on 'Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka', starting March 20, 2006, Monday to Thursday at 10 p.m. on Star One.
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 7:56pm | IP Logged

Ejiaz Khan

One gets replaced on soaps at the snap of a finger

Ejiaz Khan speaks about his insecurity over sharing screen space with Iqbal Khan in Kavyanjali and being the second choice in Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka

Subhash K Jha

Even if Ejiaz Khan danced with Amrita Arora in the 'Dilli ki sardi' in Zameen, it was only after he essayed the role of Kavya in Ekta Kapoor's Kavyanjali did he start getting fan mail by truck-loads. Today, Ejiaz is so busy that he does not get time to go through his mail. And with his serial Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka to be aired tomorrow, Ejiaz is only expected to get busier.

"And to think that before working with Ekta Kapoor in Kavyanjali to me I used to look down on television. Now, I look on soaps as serious commercial entertainment," says Ejiaz. "I just want to act, no matter what the medium. In my new serial for Ekta, Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka, I play a different character from Kavya. What more can an actor ask for?"

Acting is an unusual choice for Ejiaz since he comes from a family of engineers. "Television was the last thing on my mind. I grew up in a church in Chembur.  I was mother-less and not on good terms with my father. So my brother and I were close to the Anglo-Indian community there. I couldn't even speak Hindi properly," he says.

So, he first modelled, and did music videos and a couple of dances for films. "I've a background in dancing. I danced with Abhishek, Aishwarya and Gautami Gadgil for 'Tumhein aaj maine jo dekha' number in Rohan Sippy's Kuch Na Kaho after some actor backed out at the last minute. Then in 'Dilli ki sardi' in Zameen some guy couldn't get his steps right. I stepped in."

All was going well till tragedy struck. "During the shoot for Sohail Khan's Maine Dil Tujhko Diya, I broke my shoulder. After surgery I fell on the same shoulder. I was bed-ridden for eight months. I thought it was the end of my career."

During the period of recuperation, Ejiaz. had to cope with long spells of isolation. "I think those months made me stronger, though the movement in my shoulder is frozen forever. For a model, dancer and actor, it was quite a setback, something I have grown accustomed to since childhood."

After touching rock bottom, things started to look up. "I was looking at a film career and met up with Ken Ghosh for Ishq Vishq.  I was offered Kul Vadhu which finally became Koi Dil Mein Hai. When I was leaving the Balaji office Ekta saw me and offered me an exclusive contract. I started with Kahiin To Hoga and then did Kesar. I was soon shooting non-stop for thirty hours. But it's Kavyanjali which was a learning ground."

But was he a last-minute replacement on Kavyanjali? "Rakshak Sahni who was doing it was raw while I had already done five Balaji soaps."

Now, he will be seen sharing screen space with the Iqbal Khan on Kavyanjali. "Iqbal and I have lots of dramatic scenes together, but  there is no rivalry. There is some insecurity, because one gets replaced on soaps at the snap of a finger. In fact, I stepped into Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka after Hiten Tejwani said no."

While work takes precedence in Ejiaz's life, love is on hold. "I had someone very close to me whom I never spoke about because she wasn't from the industry. There was just no time for a relationship. After a hard day's work all you think about is some sleep, not a relationship. We tried to make it work. I miss her sometimes. But all isn't lost."

* "Before working with Ekta Kapoor in Kavyanjali I used to look down on television. Now, I look on soaps as serious commercial entertainment"

Edited by monika.goel - 18 March 2006 at 7:57pm
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 18 March 2006 at 9:15pm | IP Logged

Finding Nimmo

Abhishek Mande

That was what we were left doing at the launch party of Kya Koga Nimmo Ka? in Boehmia on Friday. So we had to actually look out for Sanjeeda the protagonist of the show who was dressed in a jet black dress. And we're assuming that this rookie has learnt her first fashion funda in showbiz. Black is not always a safe bet… especially when you're partying in a dimly-lit nightclub.

So, perhaps out of experience or simply because of the hot weather, quite a few actors turned up in white. For one there was Hiten Tejwani who seemed all over the place in his white shirt. Then Rakshanda Khan trooped in fashionably late in a white top and a pair of simple blue jeans with a belt of the same colour to go with. Dolly Thakore also looked pretty cool in her white sari. But the one who we though made a poor style statement in the colour was Sujata Mehta. We thought the hideous transparent (for the want of any other word) bangle she wore was bad till our eyes fell on the innumerable rings she sported on her fingers. Ekta Kapoor also came in and breezed out just as quickly… though not before giving out sound bytes to the media. Also spotted at the do were Riva Bubber, Chaitanya Chaudhary, Narayani Shastri, Hiten Paintal with Kishwar Merchant, Yash and Gauri Tonk, Joy Sengupta and Achala Sac

Achala Sachdev and Sanjeeda

Kishwar, Bakul and Narayani Shastri

Hiten Tejwani and Gauri Pradhan

Ekta Kapoor

Edited by monika.goel - 18 March 2006 at 9:16pm

Go to top