Page 1 Page 9
Page   of 10

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 08 July 2006 at 8:37am | IP Logged

Saas, Bahu and Football!

July 7, 2006

So what if India doesn't participate in the Football Fiesta? The country just can't get enough of it!
So what if most matches take place late night, the fanatic fan makes sure he stays up to watch.

And celebrities are no different. Despite erratic and long work schedules, most television stars try to watch the games in Germany.

A couple of days before the France-Italy final, rediff.com spoke to some television stars who are known to work 16 hours days, and asked them which team they are supporting.

Ejaz Khan
Kunal in Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka

I am a big-time football buff. I am very upset to have missed the England-Portugal match due to my shooting schedule. I don't want to miss the final now.

Unfortunately, the television sets in our make-up vans don't have a cable connection, else I could have watched the matches there.

Since I do two daily soaps, I am shooting almost 24 hours a day. I am trying to think of something to tell the producers and escape from shooting on Sunday. I will probably tell them I will die if they don't let me watch the World Cup final!

If France wins, I will be very happy and if Italy loses I will be very sad. In other words, both teams in the final are my favourites.

Text: Srabanti Chakrabarti

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Articles Archive (Page 10)" in Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 17 July 2006 at 3:48pm | IP Logged

My Favourite

'I still love Zidane'

Sanjit Bedi

Car
Although I don't own one, I would love to be seen driving around in a Porche 1969 Spyder

Designer
I love Ashish Soni's creations. And as regards international designers, and of course Armani.

Perfume
There is this perfume called the Comme de Garcon, for men. I think it's just fabulous because it defines me. It has an earthy and masculine fragrance to it, which lingers for hours.

Electronic Gadget
Has to be my iPod to which I am hooked on to in most of my leisure time. And I am also a gaming freak, so I love my Portable Play Station!

Fashion Accessory
My shades. I have a pretty large collection of them! I think if carefully selected, they can really give you an air of style

Book
This is quite difficult because I am a voracious reader. The best books I have read, are The Fifth Mountain by Paulo Coelho and Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch.

Television show
I am addicted to 24 and watch it whenever I get the time. Nip/Tuck is also a series which has some great acting in it! And I can't forget Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka!

Movie
Harrison Ford-starrer Blade Runner is one cult classic which I've worshipped since I was young. I love it for its sci-fi theme and the fantastic 3D effects!

Song
I am a huge U2 fan. So 'With or Without you' is a song I can instantly mention as my all-time favourite.

Actor
Gary Oldman most definitely for his hardcore, solid performances. I must say I am totally influenced and inspired by him.

Actress
I love Uma Thurman for the range of performances that she's delivered. She has performed consistently and convincingly in movies as varied as Batman and Kill Bill.

Sportsperson
I was really disappointed when Ballack's team was out of the cup, just because he's a fabulous player. And yes, I still love Zidane!

Holiday Destination
It's a simple answer the one and only, Goa. It is one place where you do not need a fixed agenda you just land up there, lie on those beaches and chill!

Restaurant
Indigo is a place which I enjoy hanging out at. It's got the best food and great crowd.

Drink
Nothing can beat a glass of nimbu-pani with ice and some masala in it too.

Dish
I think Punjabi cuisine is on top of all desi cuisines. But I can never rule out Japanese food and also Thai and Chinese something which I truly enjoy.

Festival
Like a true north Indian munda, I shall say Diwali. It's just the best way to celebrate that time of the year anywhere in the world!

Season of the year
We have only three seasons out of which I think my favourite is winter... whenever there is one that is!

Website
Apart from regularly visiting the 'I Tunes' site for my I pod, I believe in everything Susan Miller of the www.astrologyzone.com says for my sun sign!

As told to Malay Desai

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 12 August 2006 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
Forget me not!

Veteran Gujarati theatre actress, Sujata Mehta who plays Nimmo's mother in Star One's Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka is not visible in the current tracks of the show. We inquired with this beautiful lady who was just back from a 11 day pilgrimage to Amarnath.

"My character started on a good note, but thereafter lost it's charm. So I told the production team that I wanted a better role. Now after returning from Amarnath, they have not got back to me. I am not blaming anybody in particular but I have already made a commitment of 20 days a month to them. What about that? The only thing I was informed about is that the story line is focusing on Nimmo's in-laws," says Sujata who wants to take up new roles which support a social cause, be it plays or television.

The actor is also planning a feature film which will be based on a super-hit Gujarati play, Chitkaar, where she portrayed the protagonist who goes insane.

Here's hoping this lovely lady gets back in action soon.

Edited by monika.goel - 12 August 2006 at 4:10pm

qazplm

IF-Sizzlerz

qazplm

Posted: 22 October 2006 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
Eijaz Khan

Rituals:
I understand the significance of Ramzaan but unfortunately haven't been able to observe the rozas because of the erratic timings that we work under. It becomes difficult to perform namaaz all five times which means rozas just become abstaining from food without remembering the almighty. Earlier, I would never miss the Friday namaaz but now, I don't even remember the day because of work pressure.

Celebrate: Though Eid is of for those who observe the rozas, I am looking forward to it too. Its one day that I get to meet my family. The day begins with the early morning Eid namaaz with my dad and brother. Then I visit all my relatives, many of whom come down from my dad's home-town Solapur. I am not very fond of sweets, so limit having the sheer-kurma but gorge on the biryani and other mutton delicacies.

Courtesy vluvanita.net

monika.goel

IF-Stunnerz

monika.goel

Posted: 21 November 2006 at 8:50am | IP Logged
Kya hoga Nimmo ke ponytail ka?
   By: Tushar Joshi
   November 21, 2006

Sanjeeda
Sanjeeda admits that it was quite a pain in the head to play Nimmo. Her severely pulled-back ponytail and dark make-up received heavy criticism, mostly because those who saw the actress off screen marvelled at her natural good looks.

Many wondered why she resorted to the look on the show, instead of going au natural.

Now, Nimmo's pony has made way for open hair and the make-up too has been toned down.

Paying attention
Admitting that her debut look wasn't well received, Sanjeeda says, "I was often asked why I tied my hair that way and used dark make-up.

I believe that was the way the creative heads conceived the character.
Also, since I was new, make-up wasn't an area I paid attention to. I was more worried about my lines and scenes."

Saying that the new look is a relief, Sanjeeda adds, "Lots of fans have reacted very positively to the new Nimmo. I have also taken time to watch myself on screen and give attention to my hairdo and make-up.

Since the show revolves around me, it's important for me to look good."
When asked why she doesn't like attending parties or talking to the press,
she says, "It's just that I don't know what to say.
I rarely get time off, and when I do I love spending time with my parents.
They hardly see me in the house."

Boy wonder
Recently, the actress met one of her biggest fans, a
two-year-old boy. "It was funny. There was this little
kid with his parents.

They told me that he would drink milk only if my show was
on. In fact, they even knew the title song and when they sang it, the little boy did these cute actions. I found it really sweet that people have taken to my character."

Enough has been written about her tiff with co-star Eijaz Khan. Describing it as a matter of the past she says, "Both of us have matured.

I agree that I am not on talking terms with him, but I have the maximum number of scenes with Eijaz.

We cannot let personal
issues come in the way of our work. I have nothing against him."
Post Nimmo, Sanjeeda has plans to move to films.

"I have done several South films, and even now I keep getting offers. It isn't easy getting a major Bollywood film, but I would definitely love being a part of one some day. At the moment, Nimmo is keeping me occupied."

Edited by monika.goel - 21 November 2006 at 8:56am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top