Edited by teenindia_usa - 11 March 2006 at 8:33am

chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 8:37am | IP Logged

Originally posted by teenindia_usa

will post arecent article on HR here!!!

ok- too much John Lennon-type peace n harmony here. maybe some other article will stir the pot a bit. chipkao...Tongue

Edited by chatbuster - 11 March 2006 at 8:40am
teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Here's article posted MARCH 11th and tells why he acted how he did at zee awards and etc!!! wanted to get thread on track!!!

What's vexing music composer Himesh Reshammiya? Viewers observed a sullen Reshammiya at the recent Zee awards when he was adjudged Best Singer. He opened his acceptance speech by saying, "Hope this proves a point. I will be even better next year. I am grateful to God, dad and Salman Khan."

Earlier, at the MTV awards where he reaped two prizes (Best Singer and Music) he began by saying, "Yeh awards maine kharide nahin hai!" He has received the Filmfare award for Best Singer as well as the Stardust awards for Best Singer and New Talent. With a bagful of honours, why does he appear so upset — and what's he so bitter about?

I'm not arrogant

"Nothing, absolutely nothing," claims Reshammiya. "I am thankful and grateful to everyone for the response my songs have fetched.

Maybe, I am not good at humour; or maybe my straight-faced look makes people think it's attitude. But it's not that way at all. If that's what people felt after watching me on TV, let me clear it — Himesh is not bitter about anything. I am not arrogant. I am happy to be recognised as a hit singer and composer."

So what provoked him to say what he did at the Zee and MTV events? "That's because basically I am a music composer. Some people in the industry felt, 'can Himesh sing?' I am a trained singer; I have received classical training. All the tracks I have sung so far have been chartbusters.

So also is my album, Aap Ka Surroor. I just wanted to say that a composer can sing too — and be hugely successful. Moreover, there was this cyclone when we landed at Mauritius for the Zee awards — so it was just a bit uncomfortable and that maybe showed up on my face.

As I always say, I am grateful to the Almighty for giving me success, for dad for guiding me and for Salman for remembering and giving me that promised break as composer."

With regard to the MTV awards, he claims, "The event had a lot of fun and young elements, with a lot of wisecracks being made by everyone. I did my bit too. I said, 'Hello, yeh awards maine kharide nahin hai!' If that was construed as arrogance, it was wrong. I guess I can't play to the gallery."

Rahman nawazi

Reshammiya says he is not carried away by success. "It is difficult to consistently give hits. I treat every film as my very first. The industry works from Friday to Friday. I have to better myself. Moreover, I am not promoting myself as a singer. It is Himesh Reshammiya the composer who decides whether Himesh Reshammiya the singer fits in."

Would he sing for another composer? "Only if it the composer is A R Rahman. I respect him a lot and he was the first to tell me what a great track Aashiq Banaya was," says Reshammiya.

Himesh's films include…

Deepak Tijori's Tom Dick and Harry —he has sung the Jhoom Jhoom track
Abbas-Mustan's 36 China Town — rendered the title track
Satish Kaushik's Milenge Milenge
Feroz Nadiadwala's Phir Hera Pheri and Fool and Final (has sung one number in Phir Hera Pheri)
Anil Sharma's Apne
Pankaj Parasher's Benares
Dharmesh Darshan's Aap Ki Khatir
http://ww1.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/march/132754.htm

teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 8:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

will post arecent article on HR here!!!

ok

hi pal and yes I posted it so read
chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 8:53am | IP Logged

Originally posted by bluelagoon

Hi Teenindia, Thanks for the article. I really feel like Himeshji is a wonderful MD and all. His weaknesses might be in terms of interpersonal skills- he does not smile a lot even when things do not go in his favour. He has a great marketing brain but he is not necessarily the best salesperson in terms of being personable. But thanks for the article. Later. Tongue

good point Blue! i think he is uncomfortable around people and on stage, strange given that he is a performer. not that he is nervous, just uncomfortable. he has a perpetual scowl on, his body language is stiff. and i have seen that whether he's winning or losing. even his smile doesnt go all the way. so he might be a sharp mind, but saleman he is not. And i think when people slam him, they are responding to the cold personality they see (of course in addition to the technical aspects of how he sings etc.)...Tongue

teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 8:58am | IP Logged

Hi Teenindia, Thanks for the article. I really feel like Himeshji is a wonderful MD and all. His weaknesses might be in terms of interpersonal skills- he does not smile a lot even when things do not go in his favour. He has a great marketing brain but he is not necessarily the best salesperson in terms of being personable. But thanks for the article. Later. Tongue

I agree with U !!! His persona is like that yet he is a great promoter just needs to work on the right approach.
chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 9:04am | IP Logged

I agree with U !!! His persona is like that yet he is a great promoter just needs to work on the right approach.

agree with both u girls (what's wrong with me!Wink)

come to think of it, most of the brainy types r not very socially adept. they're generally nerdy and uncomfortable around people. i think HR is like that. but he has the brains n the skill required to craft music that will at least sell- what's the point in talking abt ragas n all if u produce music that no one wants. sometimes u can be a leader who forces things on people, hoping they get to see things yr way in the future. other times, it's best to conduct yrself based on what it is you feel the people want... I think most HR-criticizers implicitly come from the camp that the people do not know best, and HR shld stop supplying them with the music they like...

teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

Posted: 11 March 2006 at 9:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

agree with both u girls (what's wrong with me!Wink)

come to think of it, most of the brainy types r not very socially adept. they're generally nerdy and uncomfortable around people. i think HR is like that. but he has the brains n the skill required to craft music that will at least sell- what's the point in talking abt ragas n all if u produce music that no one wants. sometimes u can be a leader who forces things on people, hoping they get to see things yr way in the future. other times, it's best to conduct yrself based on what it is you feel the people want... I think most HR-criticizers implicitly come from the camp that the people do not know best, and HR shld stop supplying them with the music they like...

absolutely,

Hr is a mastermind that is what I tell my pals they mostly are as long as they may tap to his music than thats ok.  Which I tell them is his point he knows the youth and is targeting them well.

He knew indians are into love gimmicks I think he however never thought that the walkoutby vineet would hurt him. i think though he annoyed at times he and vineet would have gotten the trophy the walkout swinged votes. Also how he was on Zee was just after his loss he is in public's eye and hearing all this stuff regarding him so how would he react? He however thanked who he had to and was never ungrateful just hurt alittle.

Go to top