India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

HR- FROM A FAN AND BASHER (Page 32)

soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 7:51pm | IP Logged

Blue Lagoon – First, your user id is making me nostalgic – oooh Brooke Shields!!! EmbarrassedTongue

Ok the DJ thing was a just a joke.  Smile

But seriously – what do you mean by- "unable to go beyond our traditional thinking". What the non-traditional thing HR did? Introducing Rock Based Music to Hindi? Nope, RD did it long time back. Singing with a Nasal tone? Nope, Kumar Sanu did it first. Copying from various source of 'world music'? Nope Bappi da and Annu ji did long time back.

So what's un conventional here?

About popularity – I never disagree on that and I respect others POV, but do you really think popularity is the measurement unit of quality? Then –

1. 'No Entry' is better film than 'Black' (more box office sales)
  2. Dhoom is the Best song of 2004 (as ABA is for 2005)
  3. Nihira is less talented than Vinit or Debu

I can go on and on...but what's the point. You are not going to change your opinion – neither do I.

So just Chill Chill Wink

Originally posted by bluelagoon

Originally posted by soulsoup

Originally posted by simplyskud

BlueLagoon, I have myself stated that HR is brilliant at "blend and gel" .... he takes a whole lot of stuff(beats, studio recorded sound effects, arabian music, sufi style of singing, nasal overtones, etc) and blends them into a smooth gel that's an instant hit with his select "target" masses who has the maximum spending power these days .... No two opinions on that one ...

You mean .. like a DJ? WinkWink

Hi Sirs. Dont you think this is the problem- when we are unable to go beyond our traditional thinking and see how rest of India and various award committees saw things another way? Are they all wrong, Sirs? Is this not how the elite usually see things when the established status quo that they have grown up with is being challenged? Please classify Himeshji however you must, but the point that remains unanswered throughout is that he did introduce the Rock word to the Indian music lexicon in such a way that people are now talking about it. Saying that he is a DJ or solely a slick marketing person- as if these are somehow bad traits to possess- is this categorization not a sign of feeling helpless in the face of real arguements? Thanks.Smile

simtara IF-Rockerz
simtara
simtara

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 8:07pm | IP Logged
Ab kya discuss ho raha hai...ya fir flirting and serenading ab bhi jaari hai? Aakhir hum usi mein maahir hain. Smile
simtara IF-Rockerz
simtara
simtara

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
Qwerty - check the first page. In the top section is an explanation thread by Vijay for the balloon thing.
sweety001 IF-Dazzler
sweety001
sweety001

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chatbuster

u know, when the Beatles first landed in America, from what i gather, they did introduce a new music. a lot of the older folks from that era hated the looks, the life-style and the music. however, over time, the Beatles went on to create history and shape the music landscape for all time. maybe rock had an earlier genesis in the U.S., but it was the Beatles who made rock really popular.

yes that is true....
seema_17 IF-Rockerz
seema_17
seema_17

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 8:35pm | IP Logged
Hi simi di Wink
hi blue lagoon Smile
qwerty my friend, what is this i am hearing abt ABA and u?? Tongue
soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 8:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyasdfgh

Originally posted by seema_17

aur kise balloon bheju?? Tongue

Waht the heck is this balllooon buziness?

Koi bhi qwertyasdfgh ji ko bhul se bhi baloon mat bhejna - badle me woh Afganisthan se do-tin bomb jawab me phek denge! Wink
seema_17 IF-Rockerz
seema_17
seema_17

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 8:42pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by bluelagoon

Hi Seema! You could call me blue. Smile

ok then Blue it is! Smile

simtara IF-Rockerz
simtara
simtara

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 8:46pm | IP Logged
Hi Seema...you can talk to me and keep me company. Tongue