Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

HR- FROM A FAN AND BASHER (Page 2)

soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 6:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vinit_rocks

Originally posted by anshu03

Abe soulsoup, yaar tu kya kar raha hai ! Mere HR ke gaanon ko kuch aisa -waisa bola na, toh i will send you the link to the song 'Aati Nahin...Aati nahin'.
Sab kuch band ho jayega !!! Wink   Big smile Big smile Big smile

whats da link?

can u giv it 2 us plsSmile

LOL Hic... Dead
RIP: Died by 'laughing the gut out'

vinit_rocks you are really cute Smile

soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Angshu / Chatbuster - not to defame HR, but do you really think HR did something groundbreaking?
I mean is there something totally different which we haven't heard before? Then where the analogy with Beatles is coming from?
sarah.oamng Senior Member
sarah.oamng
sarah.oamng

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 6:37am | IP Logged
your post is very well written...it provokes a HR non-fan like myself to believe for a second that yes maybe HR has brought a revolution in indian music..after all his music does appease to the masses.... but after regainin my senses i am yet to become his fan.. i would rather listen to many of the upcoming singers from pakistan first hand rather than havin to listen to a second-hand well packaged song..(actually as a fact i really do enjoy listenin to most of the upcomin pakistani singers..some of their melodies r very soulful..) HRs creations r not like new models of cars but a refurbished version of an slighlty outdated one

but still u deserve credit for ur writin...HR can use u the intellectual aspect of his campaign Wink ..if there is one..

Edited by sarah.oamng - 10 March 2006 at 6:47am
simplyskud Goldie
simplyskud
simplyskud

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 6:40am | IP Logged

Originally posted by soulsoup

Angshu / Chatbuster - not to defame HR, but do you really think HR did something groundbreaking?
I mean is there something totally different which we haven't heard before? Then where the analogy with Beatles is coming from?

Defame HR ? Just by questioning his work as groundbreaking or not ?? Nope ... agree with you that HR hasn't brought in any kind of revolution in the music scenario aka the beatles. Even T agrees.

What HR actually does well is "blend and gel".  With inspirations from different tunes (even different countries), he makes sure to pep his songs with a kind of upbeat rhythm/tempo, that he knows very well will appeal to the "young" crowd ... the crowd that spends a lot these days. In other words, his song becomes a hit because it translates into a lot of copies sold .... but does he appeal to people of all age ? Anyone can guess the answer .....

Bottomline : Disagree with CB (like you and T.) that HR's music is groundbreaking ....

Wink Wink Wink

sarah.oamng Senior Member
sarah.oamng
sarah.oamng

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 6:44am | IP Logged
[

Edited by sarah.oamng - 10 March 2006 at 6:47am
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 6:48am | IP Logged

I am amazed...a gr8 post by chatbuster!!!Clap

anshu has spoken for me...aur kuch keheni ki zaroorat nahi Wink

simplyskud Goldie
simplyskud
simplyskud

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 7:03am | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

70s? Arey Skud Bhai, forgot Pancham's HRHK? Rock at its Indian best. HR's so called Sufi Rock is nothing in front of the high pitched rocking vocals of Ashatai and Pancham's hip drum and guitar work. And please, what does he call 'Sufi'? Just singing high pitched and nasal is NOT sufi.

HR has definitely tried to introduce a new sound, and I commend him for that. But is not exactly 'new' in a New-new sort of sense, is it? I mean, most of the rythyms we hear from him have already been done by Panchamda. I mean, show me something which Panchamda hasn't done?
And HR's sound is getting repetitive nowadays. Very. All 4-chord, 4-6-8 beat compositions. Nothing is fresh, nothing is new.

Panchamda was criticized for being too western. ARR was bashed for his techno sound. But see now, Panchamda is revered as a King today, so is ARR. Talking of ARR, HR's beats seem to be drawn heavily from Panchamda, ARR, MJ and other Rock regs.

The problem is, any western beat oriented music is passed off as Rock. People say - Yo am cool man, rock's da best. Heck, half of these wannabe's don't even know what Rock is.

Bang on target, Abhi. Ofcourse I didn't forget RDB (who can?) ... that's why I stated that the moment rock/punk music took over the global arena, it immediately made it's appearance in the indian movie/music scene.

The new sound is what I was mentioning as the best use of "gel and blend". And HR does a good job at it using studio enhanced beats along with a touch of his "nasal singing" every now and then. The most important aspect of him is his ability to identify the target audience and know what sells these days. Infact Salman Khan was right on target when he commented "if HR would have been at any other profession, he would still be successful". Talk about being street smart, you see.

But musicwise, his music is nothing "new". It's the old wine in a new bottle, packaged even better .....

Wink Wink Wink

The way you can tell about a good music is by it's longevity .... three years down the line, you won't remember today's music of HR .....

Wink Wink

Surpremi IF-Dazzler
Surpremi
Surpremi

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 7:41am | IP Logged
Just for the record: I can bear his music but hate him as a human being with a passion. Sorry, but in my opinion, he belongs to the Karan Johar club..... Wink

Go to top