India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

HR- FROM A FAN AND BASHER (Page 11)

simplyskud Goldie
simplyskud
simplyskud

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 11:56am | IP Logged
Sorry Abhi ... Pink Floyd weren't into punk rock .. they're the masters of psychedelic rock ....

Wink Wink Wink

simplyskud Goldie
simplyskud
simplyskud

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Like I said before, If HR was a shoe manufacturer he would throw "BATA" off the Indian market ....

He's just the marketing strategist who has a feel of the target masses .....

Few points about HR (posted by dilpat in SoulSoup's thread ...)

Well, I think that HR has always been a great marketing guy.

1)His serials were the 1st multi-starrer, high profile ones-- one of the 1st that introduced flop film actors-- thereby starting a trend ,shooting up the TRPs, much ahead of Ekta.

2)Then he entered the film industry on the shoulders of none other than Salman Khan( whatever SK does, he is on the list of almost every producer). Correct me if I m wrong, but HR made Kamaal Khan sing his already popular number "o-o jaanejaana dhoonde tujhe diwana" for SK, knowing that it will be an instant hit....He got a foothold. Rest all is history.

3) He introduced "Jhalak dikha jaa" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa & rendered it & re-rendered it. I know, its catchy number, but what better way to get it noticed!

4) Ppl had heard HR's music, but nobody knew his face. Now he is a household name, what with SRGMP being telecasted weekly---- what better time to launch his own album. He's the only sensible one cashing on to SRGMP's popularity!!!

That's HR. A very shrewd mind behind the bearded face !!!

Wink

As regards to his music, it's plain vanilla ... but the packaging/branding is better than truffle in paradise (one of the tastiest flavours of ice cream) ...

Wink
simplyskud Goldie
simplyskud
simplyskud

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:15pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Shocked Kya keh rahe ho Skud Bhai???? Remember 'Dark Side Of The Moon'?

Abhi, "Dark side of the moon" wasn't a punk rock album though a few songs did highlight some shades of it .... It was more of jazz rock interspaced with incidental sound effects ....

Their punk rock influence did show up much later on their album "Animals" but soon after Pink Floyd went back to their psychedelic best on "The Wall" ....

Do check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Floyd for more information on Pink Floyd .....

Pink Floyd will always be remembered for their pyschedelic stuff including the lyrics ... trust me on this one ....

Wink Wink Wink

simplyskud Goldie
simplyskud
simplyskud

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
BlueLagoon, I have myself stated that HR is brilliant at "blend and gel" .... he takes a whole lot of stuff(beats, studio recorded sound effects, arabian music, sufi style of singing, nasal overtones, etc) and blends them into a smooth gel that's an instant hit with his select "target" masses who has the maximum spending power these days .... No two opinions on that one ...

If you want to label this as music, you can but you can only label it good music if it stands the test of time ... HR's music will be forgotten within a decade ... infact with the release of his new music, people forget his old ones pretty soon ...

However, you're probably overlooking my point here. HR would have been successful wherever he would be ... as a shoe manufacturer, serial director, music director or even in IT ... the medium isn't important for him (for an artist the 'art' definitely is) .... HR just knows his canvass pretty well ....

However, let's not get further into the debate. Time will tell whether HR will be someone to be etched in memory as a legend or as a forgettable musician ...

Wink
SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Which TV serial did HR work with and in what capacity? Confused
sjain201 Groupbie
sjain201
sjain201

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
i think HR has his own type of music
and it's popular wuts u guys' problem with it? people like it .if u don't like it don't listen to it but don't force us not to listen 2 it!!! Angry lol Tongue
simplyskud Goldie
simplyskud
simplyskud

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:42pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sjain201

i think HR has his own type of music
and it's popular wuts u guys' problem with it? people like it .if u don't like it don't listen to it but don't force us not to listen 2 it!!! Angry lol Tongue

When did we guys force you not to listen to HR's music ??

Do you even read the posts properly ?? Do you even have an inkling of an idea of what we are discussing ??

Duh !!!

Dead Dead Dead

simplyskud Goldie
simplyskud
simplyskud

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
BTW, Abhi I disagree with something you said earlier on the thread ....

Now that the HR discussion has been put back to rest, let me tell you very clearly that ...

Stop looking at Rani ... she's mine.

Wink

Go to top