HR- FROM A FAN AND BASHER (Page 10)

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chukkna

Originally posted by T.

Originally posted by anshu03

Dear T, I differ. Please tell me that ABA (title track), Jhalak dikhlaja, Mohobbat ki gujarish, Just chill, dil di nazar and Zara Jhoom are inspiration from which Pakistani or any other song.
I think they are very much original and are very catchy.

HR music dominates the market today. At one point no one was giving him a chance and now every maker is running to him for his music.
The best think in ABA and Aksar was its music, the film made more money on audio than on the BO. I think TDH will go the same way.
And by the way, I saw an interview of AR Rehman and he said the best score of the whole year as per him was ABA.

I dont know if they are truly original.

I'm just giving ABA album as a simple example:

There were 5 songs (discounting remixes)

out of them, 3 were copies of Pakistani Songs:

1) Marjaawan = Marjaawan (Ali Zafar)

2) Dillagi mein jo beet jaaye = Rangeen (ali Zafar)

3) Dilnasheen = Allah hu (though this is still arguable)

Let's even discount Dilnasheen to be conservative. You still have 40% (2/5) of the compositions which are not credited in anyway.

What guarantee is there that he did not copy the remaining tunes in his album? Oh it may not be a blatant copy. But, mixing from here and there, change in key, change in rhythm, etc. is highly possible.

Apart from that, the background vocals for "Thoia Thoing" by R Kelly has been copied for Gela Gela (though acc. to Himesh, he did that based on the producer's request)

O Priya O Priya (dont remember the movie) = Maria Maria (Santana)

Anyway, moving away from the issue of plagiarism to the original topic. I do not agree that HR brought sufi rock to the forefront in India.

Pakistani Sufi Rock band Junoon came out with "Sayonee" way before HR came out with ABA, Aksar, etc. And that was a hit in India.

I dont know if any MD before HR actually exploited this genre, so I will not comment on that.

ClapClap

Good info T saab

wrong gender. WinkLOL

SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 10:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Clap Tji.

Take from a Muzik fan, ALL SONGS IN ABA WERE LIFTED. I have details if you want.

But never reported in media...pretty strange if you ask me. Confused Wink

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bluelagoon

Originally posted by T.

Originally posted by anshu03

Dear T, I differ. Please tell me that ABA (title track), Jhalak dikhlaja, Mohobbat ki gujarish, Just chill, dil di nazar and Zara Jhoom are inspiration from which Pakistani or any other song.
I think they are very much original and are very catchy.

HR music dominates the market today. At one point no one was giving him a chance and now every maker is running to him for his music.
The best think in ABA and Aksar was its music, the film made more money on audio than on the BO. I think TDH will go the same way.
And by the way, I saw an interview of AR Rehman and he said the best score of the whole year as per him was ABA.

I dont know if they are truly original.

I'm just giving ABA album as a simple example:

There were 5 songs (discounting remixes)

out of them, 3 were copies of Pakistani Songs:

1) Marjaawan = Marjaawan (Ali Zafar)

2) Dillagi mein jo beet jaaye = Rangeen (ali Zafar)

3) Dilnasheen = Allah hu (though this is still arguable)

Let's even discount Dilnasheen to be conservative. You still have 40% (2/5) of the compositions which are not credited in anyway.

What guarantee is there that he did not copy the remaining tunes in his album? Oh it may not be a blatant copy. But, mixing from here and there, change in key, change in rhythm, etc. is highly possible.

Apart from that, the background vocals for "Thoia Thoing" by R Kelly has been copied for Gela Gela (though acc. to Himesh, he did that based on the producer's request)

O Priya O Priya (dont remember the movie) = Maria Maria (Santana)

Anyway, moving away from the issue of plagiarism to the original topic. I do not agree that HR brought sufi rock to the forefront in India.

Pakistani Sufi Rock band Junoon came out with "Sayonee" way before HR came out with ABA, Aksar, etc. And that was a hit in India.

I dont know if any MD before HR actually exploited this genre, so I will not comment on that.

For HEaven's sake, are we still saying who copied whom? I feel the point ChatBuster was making was about Himeshji being the first to popularize Rock to such an extent. Cant we give Himeshji some credit for bringing this music to the masses from the recesses and from distant parts and lands? I am sure Amitabhji was not the first angry young man in Indian cinema, but we give him credit for that because he made it so memorable. From what i see, some of us just sooo loveee Himeshji's music. We had never heard all the other songs you have mentioned. For us, Himeshji is the one who brought this music to the fore. Sorry for not agreeing with you but i feel sometimes the biggest achievement lies in putting music in a way that it reaches people, whether it be through marketing or some inherent talent Smile  

I was merely responding to someone else's post which was addressed to me.

I also gave my own opinion in the last three lines of my post - moving back to Chatbuster's original topic.

No offense meant.

N Sinha Goldie
N Sinha
N Sinha

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 11:28am | IP Logged

few quick Qs to those who think rock has been brought into Hindi music /popularized by HR:

what constitutes hallmark of rock?
Which effect of rock do you think has been brought /popularized by HR?
which song of HR has rock nuances in it and how..?

At one point of time I had a long list of songs copied by him, I binned it for obvious reasons.
simplyskud Goldie
simplyskud
simplyskud

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 11:31am | IP Logged
First and foremost .... HR's music doesn't classify as rock music ...

It's a blend of a lot of stuff ... techno beats often bordering to electronic or trance music with an arabian flavour ... then there's the nasal singing part in a 'sufi' based style ... not to forget studio recorded background effects ...

However, like I said earlier (and even verified by ChatBuster), HR isn't about music ... it's all old wine in a new bottle and even better gift wrapped ....

The main thing is about his street smart marketing sense. He knows what will sell and who's the biggest spending group ... he makes sure he caters to this particular group ... the "young" crowd of today.

Even if HR was an industrialist (let's say a shoe manufacture), his shoes would knock off BATA from the Indian market ....

Wink
Jem4Himesh IF-Sizzlerz
Jem4Himesh
Jem4Himesh

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 11:37am | IP Logged

arre wah nice 2 see topic back on track & that Rani has been left alone LOL

my decision has not changed - incase you were wondering Wink

BTW - the song in my sig Naam Hai Tera - has strong rock influences *my opinion* Embarrassed

Edited by Jem4SRK - 10 March 2006 at 11:38am
simplyskud Goldie
simplyskud
simplyskud

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 11:54am | IP Logged
HR for adding this word to our lexicon ... influence of rock music in Indian music have existed for a long long time ....

Go through the annals of RDB's music and you will see the influence ...

In the late 70s and early 80s, quite a few bengali bands (bangladeshi and bengali mix) were formed and they all had their idols in Bob Dylan, beatles, Pink Floyd and the likes .... all their music were on the shades of rock .... This is to show you that rock music existed even on the regional music scene ....

HR cannot be credited with adding this word for sure .... maybe "nasal howling" would be the proper word ....

Wink
N Sinha Goldie
N Sinha
N Sinha

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 11:55am | IP Logged
OK, to each his own.

Peace. Smile

Go to top