Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fm_qazi thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: chatbuster

ab HR ke "genuine" fans kahaan gaye? woh haar gaya toh kya hua, koi toh hai jo uskee tareef kar raha hai... ab underdog ko oopar lana hee mera lakshya hai 😛

btw, u know what they say abt the new converts. sabse jada fervor unmei hota hai. ab mere se bach kar raho in regards to HR. thoda rebranding kar raha hoon. by the time i am thru, i'll be known as his biggest fan 😉

Chatbuster..kaya khaya hai yaar aaj tune... eka ek yeh change...

fm_qazi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jem4SRK

Arre bro...Ash or abhi ki publivity stunt thi naa 😛 Lagta hai i will have 2 teach marketing to you all 😆

Actually Ash is looking for one more ladder...She is very cunning...

Jem4Himesh thumbnail

Originally posted by: chatbuster

ab HR ke "genuine" fans kahaan gaye? woh haar gaya toh kya hua, koi toh hai jo uskee tareef kar raha hai... ab underdog ko oopar lana hee mera lakshya hai 😛

btw, u know what they say abt the new converts. sabse jada fervor unmei hota hai. ab mere se bach kar raho in regards to HR. thoda rebranding kar raha hoon. by the time i am thru, i'll be known as his biggest fan 😉

arre genuine fan to yahan hai 😉

vinit_fan thumbnail
Hey Ash ko aise to mat bolo!!!!!! Shes very pretty ... 😉
apparaohoare thumbnail

Originally posted by: vinit_fan

Hey Ash ko aise to mat bolo!!!!!! Shes very pretty ... 😉

OK then, she is a very beautiful jinxed witch. 

She ruined Salman's career when Salman was at his peak, she destryed Vivek Oberoi when he became the new heart throb of Bollywood.  Now that vampire is trying to suck the blood out of the new big star Abhishek.  Ghabrao maat Abhi beta, main hoon na. 😉

vinit_fan thumbnail
😆 ......... but still u cant call her a j******????
Morgoth thumbnail

Originally posted by: anshu03

Dear T, I differ. Please tell me that ABA (title track), Jhalak dikhlaja, Mohobbat ki gujarish, Just chill, dil di nazar and Zara Jhoom are inspiration from which Pakistani or any other song.
I think they are very much original and are very catchy.

HR music dominates the market today. At one point no one was giving him a chance and now every maker is running to him for his music.
The best think in ABA and Aksar was its music, the film made more money on audio than on the BO. I think TDH will go the same way.
And by the way, I saw an interview of AR Rehman and he said the best score of the whole year as per him was ABA.

I dont know if they are truly original.

I'm just giving ABA album as a simple example:

There were 5 songs (discounting remixes)

out of them, 3 were copies of Pakistani Songs:

1) Marjaawan = Marjaawan (Ali Zafar)

2) Dillagi mein jo beet jaaye = Rangeen (ali Zafar)

3) Dilnasheen = Allah hu (though this is still arguable)

Let's even discount Dilnasheen to be conservative. You still have 40% (2/5) of the compositions which are not credited in anyway.

What guarantee is there that he did not copy the remaining tunes in his album? Oh it may not be a blatant copy. But, mixing from here and there, change in key, change in rhythm, etc. is highly possible.

Apart from that, the background vocals for "Thoia Thoing" by R Kelly has been copied for Gela Gela (though acc. to Himesh, he did that based on the producer's request)

O Priya O Priya (dont remember the movie) = Maria Maria (Santana)

Anyway, moving away from the issue of plagiarism to the original topic. I do not agree that HR brought sufi rock to the forefront in India.

Pakistani Sufi Rock band Junoon came out with "Sayonee" way before HR came out with ABA, Aksar, etc. And that was a hit in India.

I dont know if any MD before HR actually exploited this genre, so I will not comment on that.

apparaohoare thumbnail

Originally posted by: T.

I dont know if they are truly original.

I'm just giving ABA album as a simple example:

There were 5 songs (discounting remixes)

out of them, 3 were copies of Pakistani Songs:

1) Marjaawan = Marjaawan (Ali Zafar)

2) Dillagi mein jo beet jaaye = Rangeen (ali Zafar)

3) Dilnasheen = Allah hu (though this is still arguable)

Let's even discount Dilnasheen to be conservative. You still have 40% (2/5) of the compositions which are not credited in anyway.

What guarantee is there that he did not copy the remaining tunes in his album? Oh it may not be a blatant copy. But, mixing from here and there, change in key, change in rhythm, etc. is highly possible.

Apart from that, the background vocals for "Thoia Thoing" by R Kelly has been copied for Gela Gela (though acc. to Himesh, he did that based on the producer's request)

O Priya O Priya (dont remember the movie) = Maria Maria (Santana)

Anyway, moving away from the issue of plagiarism to the original topic. I do not agree that HR brought sufi rock to the forefront in India.

Pakistani Sufi Rock band Junoon came out with "Sayonee" way before HR came out with ABA, Aksar, etc. And that was a hit in India.

I dont know if any MD before HR actually exploited this genre, so I will not comment on that.

Freaking Awesome. 👏

Morgoth thumbnail

Originally posted by: adwarakanath

👏 Tji.

Take from a Muzik fan, ALL SONGS IN ABA WERE LIFTED. I have details if you want.

Sure, I'd appreciate the details, AD.

Morgoth thumbnail

Originally posted by: chukkna

👏👏

Good info T saab

wrong gender. 😉😆