India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

VINIT'S Straight Answers (Page 5)

prash123 Senior Member
prash123
prash123

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:34pm | IP Logged

Even Lataji had singing lessons from three different people? Today I put her above everything in music industry. Anybody wanna challange that she could not benifited from those lessons?

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Thumbs Up Raingji.

Okay, let's talk something about training here. SP Balasubramanian wasn't trained. But came from a family of singers for two generations. Jabse hosh sambhala hai, he found himself singing folk songs and kirtis. He used to regularly practise singing. He only took classical training when he got cold feet when he was called to sing the PURE classical scores of Shankarabharanam in pure scales of Shankarabharanam, Hindolam and Todi.

Sonu was singing with his dad all his life. His dad was a singer, who made him practise everyday. And later, he did train under Ust. Ghulam Mustafa Khan.

We must agree that classical training does give your enormous command and control over your voice. Wink . Prime example? Mannada. Listen to him in Yeh Ishq Ishq Hai and Ek Chatur Naar. All doubts cleared Wink

SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Natural talent is supreme. If you don't have talent, no amount of training will help.
ranig IF-Dazzler
ranig
ranig

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
Maybe I was not clear. He still needs to do that because it will only add to his current portfolio. But, having a musical background, I found it unfair that the greatest singers had no background in singing and they picked up an instrument at the age of 3 and were able to play it without any musical training. I also play the piano and went through yrs of lessons and that really bothered me.

So again, I am not denying that he needs to add this to his portfolio. He does for sure!
What I feel strongly about more than anything is that even though I think Hr may be talented, he is taking him down the wrong track.
It's also important for him to gain some humility because this will take him much further. I am glad he lost the contest because he needs it to gain some maturity. Only when he grows up a little and he becomes a more humble person will he succeed.    
apparaohoare IF-Rockerz
apparaohoare
apparaohoare

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:41pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ash_schwarzen

Was Debojit a very tough competitor?

I won't say he's a bad singer but everyone knows that public voting was not flawless either. Had there been judges, I would have stood a better chance.

HEIGHT OF ARROGANCE.Angry

Just yesterday, I praised this guy and today he says something that puts him back to the category of SCOUNDRELS.

My dear brainless idiot Vinit, why the hell did you lose to Debojit in Fame 2005 when the judges were there?

Edited by apparaohoare - 10 March 2006 at 12:59pm
ranig IF-Dazzler
ranig
ranig

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Big smile
apparaohoare IF-Rockerz
apparaohoare
apparaohoare

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:52pm | IP Logged

How much has life changed after Sa Re Ga Ma Pa?

From singing at weddings in Lucknow, I've come a long way.

Don't worry buddy, with this kind of attitude you will go back a long way and again start singing at weddings in Lucknow.

Edited by apparaohoare - 10 March 2006 at 12:53pm
ranig IF-Dazzler
ranig
ranig

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
I am angry by his talk just as much as you guys are and feel it was wrong to be so blatant about your feelings. Being a fan , I am probably even saddened by this.

But, when we go down to directly insulting him we are no better than that person or worse. I can tell your not his fans, but there are ways to present it so that we can hear your anger and disappointment.

This will only prevent Vinit fans from actually listening and understanding your point of view.
apparaohoare IF-Rockerz
apparaohoare
apparaohoare

Posted: 10 March 2006 at 1:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by adwarakanath

Originally posted by apparaohoare

How much has life changed after Sa Re Ga Ma Pa?

From singing at weddings in Lucknow, I've come a long way.

Don't worry buddy, with this kind of attitude you will go back a long way and again start singing at weddings in Lucknow.

You're just too good LOL

LOL  Thank you Abhi.  Just look at the audacity of this 17 year old kid.

Go to top