Kumkum - Ek Pyara Sa Bandhan

Hussain Kuwajerwala

love1 Senior Member
love1
love1

Posted: 14 October 2004 at 2:52pm | IP Logged

Bollywood's A Dream For This Hussain
Somashukla Sinha Walunjkar

Smallscreen's shooting star Hussain Kuwajerwala loves being in the limelight. Kuwajerwala, one of the busiest actors on the soapbox is successfully juggling four shows: Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Krisshna Arjun, Kumkum and Kuch Kar Dikhana Hai (all airing on Star TV). He started with modelling when he was in college (Jai Hind, Mumbai): "I needed pocket money and my friend suggested that I try modelling because I was reasonably good looking. But modelling doesn't excite me, because at the end of the day, a model just has to keep looking good. That's why I didn't consider it as a serious career." Well, Kuwajerwala's  good looks did land him a small role in Ashirwad (Zee TV) followed by Ekta Kapoor's Kanyadaan (which aired on Sony TV in Kapoor's pre-Kyunki Saas Bhi... days). "It's amazing how a good serial does wonders to you career. I think the serial that finally made folks sit up and notice me was Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, where I play Chirag," says Kuwajerwala.

After playing second fiddle to Sonu Niigaam in Kismey Kitna Hai Dum, Kuwajerwala is finally calling the shots. Balancing four lead roles means a lot of time management, how does he do that? "I honour my commitments. I also never take on more work than I can handle.I work round the clock for 20-25 days and take it easy after that for two- three days. I can't afford to sit back and relax, because for an industry outsider like me, hardwork and sincerity is the only thing that will make people approach me for good roles," he points out.

Kuwajerwala  admits that his bumbling detective act in Krisshna Arjun was probably the turning point that gave him more lead roles. "I really enjoy playing Arjun, a cool, suave guy who's confused sometimes but usually manages to solve the mystery. I also liked doing Kismey... though my knowledge of music was zero. Sonu is a great showstopper," he feels. He never completely identifies with any of the characters he's played so far: "There's a little bit of Hussain in all of them. But I guess Kuch Kar... shows the real 'me'." He would love to join the Bollywood bandwagon too: "Movies are every actor's dream but my commitment to television comes first."

FatalDaiquiri Newbie
FatalDaiquiri
FatalDaiquiri

Posted: 14 October 2004 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
the interview is an old one cuz 2 of the shows are off air now.. btw thanx for info
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top