Chidiya Ghar

'My husband is like a cow' DB article

* ~ Roshni ~ * thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

'My husband is like a cow'

'My husband is like a cow'

Not many are aware that Debina Bonnerjee started dating Gurmeet Chowdhary much before they were cast as Sita and Ram in Ramayan. They were already close friends ever since they met at a talent hunt in 2005. "We hit it off immediately," recalls Debina who married Gurmeet early this year. Post-Ramayan, though Debina did a couple of reality shows, she was on a break from serials. Now, she has chosen a comedy show for her comeback after two-year hiatus. "I wasn't keen on doing a comedy but within 15 minutes of narration I settled down for Chidiyaghar," she reveals. Elaborating on her role, Debina says, "I play Mayuri who thinks of herself as the most beautiful woman, has the upper hand in her marriage with Gomukh and loves being praised by her husband." Does the same apply to her in real life as well? "Well, Gurmeet is like a cow. He always consults me before making any decision," she laughs.

Happened to come across this as I was surfing the deccan site - no bashing!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for sharing the article!

Cows are the most sacred animal for all Hindus, and it's truly an honor to Gurmeet that Debina compared him to one, as they are life-giving and God-like.

One thing I don't like about Chidiya Ghar, despite it being a great show, is that they portray Gomukh as stupid and gullible...those are so not qualities of a cow, and if they wanted to base his character off a cow, they should have made him more noble. :(
laxmi.rnair thumbnail
Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: JanakiRaghunath

Thanks for sharing the article!

Cows are the most sacred animal for all Hindus, and it's truly an honor to Gurmeet that Debina compared him to one, as they are life-giving and God-like.

One thing I don't like about Chidiya Ghar, despite it being a great show, is that they portray Gomukh as stupid and gullible...those are so not qualities of a cow, and if they wanted to base his character off a cow, they should have made him more noble. :(

Ye I agree. But let's give them more time, may the noble qualities of the cow will be shown.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: laxmi.rnair

Ye I agree. But let's give them more time, may the noble qualities of the cow will be shown.

Hopefully they will be...I think the character of Gomukh has improved a slight bit from the first episode. Even though he is still a bit clueless, he seems to have gotten more serious.
Simply_1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
He is genuinly a cow ...I agree with Debina...
Break.The.Code thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
TFS!!

She's so sweet😃
Rituparnaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing.