Mythological Masti

shri krishna's family life

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

...Mina...

IF-Dazzler

...Mina...

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 9:41am | IP Logged
hiii friends !! i opened this topic to discuss shri krishna's family life with u.Embarrassed

actually i was browsing wikipedia to learn more about krishna ji, because my knowledge on the mahabharat is very poor !!BlushingLOL i came across this part and was wanting to know if it's true !! all stuff in wikipedia is not always true, so someone plsss clarify on the names of krishna ji's, eight principal wives other than rukmini, jambvathi, and satyabhama, since everyone knows them already.Embarrassed

Family

Krishna in Balinese Wayang form
Temple car carving of Krishna playing flute with Radha, suchindram, tamil nadu

Krishna had a total of 16,108 wives, out of which eight were his princely wives and 16,100 were rescued from Narakasura, who had forcibly kept them in his harem, but all of them are considered to be incarnations of Goddess Lakshmi.[64][65]

The first son of Queen Rukmini was Pradyumna, and also born of her were Charudeshna, Sudeshna and the powerful Charudeha, along with Sucharu, Chharugupta, Bhadracaru, Charuchandra, Vicaru and Caru, the tenth. Pradyumna fathered the greatly powerful Aniruddha in the womb of Rukmavati, the daughter of Rukmi. This took place while they were living in the city of Bhojakata.

The ten sons of Satyabhama were Bhanu, Subhanu, Svarbhanu, Prabhanu, Bhanuman, Chandrabhanu, Brihadbhanu, Atibhanu (the eighth), Sribhanu and Pratibhanu.

Samba, Sumitra, Purujit, Satajit, Sahasrajit, Vijaya, Citraketu, Vasuman, Dravida and Kratu were the sons of Jambavati. These ten, headed by Samba, were their father's favorites.

The sons of Nagnajiti were Vira, Candra, Asvasena, Citragu, Vegavan, Vrisha, Ama, Sanku, Vasu and the opulent Kunti.

Sruta, Kavi, Vrisha, Vira, Subahu, Bhadra, Santi, Darsa and Purnamasa were sons of Kalindi. Her youngest son was Somaka.

Madra's sons were Praghosha, Gatravan, Simha, Bala, Prabala, Urdhaga, Mahasakti, Saha, Oja and Aparajita.

Mitravinda's sons were Vrika, Harsha, Anila, Gridhra, Vardhana, Unnada, Mahamsa, Pavana, Vahni and Kshudhi.

Sangramajit, Brihatsena, Sura, Praharana, Arijith, Jaya and Subhadra were the sons of Bhadra, together with Vama, Ayur and Satyaka.

Diptiman, Tamratapta and others were the sons of Lord Krishna and Rohini.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11ShivangBuch

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "shri krishna's family life" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Here are some threads that help in the discussion of Krishna's family

Read whatever has been posted there, and feel free to add to that discussion.  I typically don't use Wiki, except to remember certain names I may have forgotten.  Otherwise, they get their stories from weird, uncited places.  As an example, see Manthara.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.