Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

LoveTVShows

IF-Dazzler

LoveTVShows

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 7:47am | IP Logged

Ekta Kapoor and Ankita Lokhande

Working with TV czarina Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Telefilms can be challenging. But it is also fun and rewarding. Ask scores of actors who have gone on to lucrative careers following their association with one of the Balaji Telefilms' shows.

Ankita Lokhande who plays Pavitra Rishta's Archana is also likely to get more than her just reward, thanks to her commitment to her character. Ankita decided to stay on even as other actors (read: her real life partner Sushant Singh Rajput) said ta-ta when the story of Zee TV's Pavitra Rishta leapt forward 20 years. The 25 year old agreed to age in the show, and become a 45 year old mother of four children - something which most actors would refrain from doing.

"Growing old can impact a young actor's career as it is difficult to get another youngster's role after that. Hence actors shy away from taking part in leaps," says a casting director.

But that has not dampened Ankita. "Growing old in a show does not matter to me," she says. "Television has changed and I don't think a young actor's career will suffer if he or she plays an older characters."

What, however, gave her the confidence was Ekta's commitment to her that she would be given a lead role closer to her real age in another Balaji Telefilms show, once Pavitra Rishta ends. "Within five months, audiences will get to see me playing a younger character in contrast to the very much older Archana I am now playing in Pavitra," she says.

Agrees Ekta: "Characters grow old, actors do not. I have a responsibility on my head now; I have to cast her in a show as a young character."

Ankita fans can now bring out the bubbly and say "Cheers to that!"

The following 44 member(s) liked the above post:

DayalNandwaniAMSTshiny3shaz.kazjyothika1978maanm1012Ayeshazaincitrusydent4uratheesh1993A HUGE FANArvifanvishwapSportsFreakTanyazKhaLidaHctnabilahSaifliciousdevashree_hAlwaysHisJaanshootingstar27Swati_Rozy77-Alone-riniiiiThaneestefanandreKittya_CullenLovePRSoham..Sonii..sensodynebonnefillesuangremlin.nyxxlunza.Mandy.gaurimishapallavi25desicrowdnikitagmcPiyatrixTani91-sylph-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ekta's commitment to Ankita Lokhande - Article" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lunza

IF-Rockerz

lunza

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Whhheeewww !!!!!

thank god !!!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Tanyazsuan-Priya-

sushkita10

IF-Rockerz

sushkita10

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 7:53am | IP Logged
DancingParty2day we sushita fan getting all good news first sush article now ankiClapClap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Tanyazsuan

*Resham*

Channel Moderator

*Resham*

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 7:54am | IP Logged
does this mean tht PR is ending soonLOL or say after 5 monthsLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shaz.kazTanyaz

Tanyaz

Coolbie

Tanyaz

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 7:59am | IP Logged

I am feeling very very happy now ...

I think she meant that her contract would be over in 5 months ...It was a 3 year contract which would be over in may so definitely Archu will not be her and if PR is still doing  well then they will take  a replacement for Archana ... and if it is not doing good then they will end ...

Edited by Tanyaz - 06 December 2011 at 8:00am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shaz.kazshootingstar27suansushkita10

Tanyaz

Coolbie

Tanyaz

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 8:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by poas

DancingParty2day we sushita fan getting all good news first sush article now ankiClapClap
PartyParty

I really admire both Sushant and Ankita , they are both so sensible ...look how they have managed all this ..I am sure Sush  too was behind  Ankita and supporting her ...He always gives her good advise .

Edited by Tanyaz - 06 December 2011 at 8:02am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shaz.kazshootingstar27stefanandresushkita10suan

*Resham*

Channel Moderator

*Resham*

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 8:02am | IP Logged
Tanya it wd be better to end other than replacing Ankita as Archana, no one can play Archana now, considering Ankita has made the role immortalized. So better shut down the shutter.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

TanyazedabellaLovePRSohamsuan.Mandy.

lunza

IF-Rockerz

lunza

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 8:02am | IP Logged
just a few more months anki .. try to stay afloat in this doobti huyi nayya ...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Tanyazstefanandresuansushkita10

Post Reply New Post

Go to top