Indian Idol turns into TV soap

Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

IDOL WORSHIP: Mohammed Iqbal Khan and Neha Bamb in Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai Pic: Vijayanand Gupta
Sony isn't ready to let go of Indian Idol just yet. The channel plans to continue the reality show's phenomenon in a fiction format with a new serial called Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai.

In this romantic daily soap from Balaji, the main protagonist Angad is a pop idol.

This serial will air from March 29 at 8 pm and has two diagonally opposite characters, Angad and Kripa, falling in love.

The channel feels the viewers will be able to relate to the characters since there are times in their lives where they would have experienced the same and, therefore, empathise with the characters.

Playing the lead character of Angad is Mohammed Iqbal Khan, who was earlier seen in films like Fun2oosh and Bullet, while the role of Kripa is essayed by Neha Bamb, who has done a couple of films down South.

According to Kunal Dasgupta, CEO, Sony, "Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai will be the equivalent of a blockbuster movie on the small screen."

At the launch of the show at Hotel Taj President yesterday, Idol finalists Rahul Vaidya and Prajakta Shukre belted out the title track of the soap.

Also present was yesteryear actor Jeetendra. The soap will also feature Idol finalist Amit Tandon in later episodes. He will play the stylish Prithvi, a firm believer in love. He'll probably make up the love triangle in true film style.

The storyline

Kripa (Neha Bamb), a small town girl, is in love with the screen persona of rock star Angad (Mohammed Iqbal Khan).

Her family allows her to move to Mumbai to pursue her musical aspirations in a music academy run by Angad's family.

Angad's screen persona of being a soft, romantic singer is completely shattered when Kripa meets him.

His real life persona is of a youth with a care-a-damn attitude about everything.

An insensitive upbringing and lack of family warmth has made Angad believe that true love does not exist. Kripa slowly discovers Angad's vulnerable side only to make him fall in love with her.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SONYA_K thumbnail
Thanks a lot 4 sharing Barbie!😊
anonmember thumbnail
Thanks. I like the story already but why do they have to add another love triangle? The story sounds so good already without it. Can't wait to see Angad on stage sing.
nss526 thumbnail
Wow, thanks a lot for the article!😃
..oO Kali Oo.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: sonynyu

Thanks. I like the story already but why do they have to add another love triangle? The story sounds so good already without it. Can't wait to see Angad on stage sing.

Ya...i dnt get y dey need to add notha triangle...but i spose its gna b der to make angad realise n stuf n make d audience think wether its too late..u kno wil dey wont dey scenario!!! but angad...ooo...such a hottie!!!

nss526 thumbnail

I hate love triangles🤢

and love squares (*cough* kkusum)

xoneha thumbnail
Thanks for the article!😊