Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Re:Why cant it just be story b/w two people ??

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

kvva

kvva

Posted: 05 December 2011 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Friends, I am making a new topic with my replies as my thread has lots of replies. I badly want to answer and dont want my answers to get lost and so made this new thread.  This was the original post.

Originally posted by kvva

Hi, This is my first post here. A post from a rather dissappointed fan here.
I started this serial with lots of hopes, because of the unusual subject. It has nice, rich story and good scope. An orphan, given apnapan from a loner who became loaner because of his own rules and regulations. The oprhan gets too attached, the loaner realizes he is stubborn gets back to his family during his end and orphan is orphaned suddenly again. He gets into a shell. A good 10 plus years later an young bubbly and interfering girl enters his life. What happens when the two meet? The story had lots of richness.
But I was dissappointed very soon with Dr. Nidhi being overliked by everyone. I mean hardly they showed any time duration for which she had become so popular. I dont understand the need for medical backdrop now in this serial. I almost gave up and started watching again.
Mallika was not really a vamp, she is reacting and is not scheming. That is she is a grey character and not a negative one. Atleast one better thing. But what was the need of that bhabhi of her, a complete negative character ?
Last two to three episodes were better. Nice to see the various characters and their involvements in the story (minus that bhabhi) and their reactions.
Then suddenly another entry and then another one.
Now I have a big question here? Why is a third person required here ? Why could it just not be the story of Dr A and Dr N. Why they should be guided or opposed by some x y z.
What I mean is this story had so much scope and could have been a great story, had it been just the story b/w the two. But why others are required in their story. To prolong you can add more parallel stories (e.g., Dr. R and Anji and so on). But why these two had to realize and accept their feelings only with the help of one or two or three or four more characters.
Can really the indian makers never make a good serial. Is it because of this no time limit on the searials. I guess we will watch good sensible ones, only if go back to the olden time limits, like 3 month or 6 month serials. Otherwise, the maker only concentrates on keeping on attracting TRPs and prolonging than really on the story.

Forgot to add another point !!
Pachpan Khambe Laal Diware was another such story. A very nice drama. Mita Vashist is the loner, aged bachelor who is a teacher by profession and Aman Varma (I guess the character name was Neil) is a young guy who enters her life. Beautiful story and story mainly revolves only b/w the two.. She is loner because of family requirements and crossed the usual age of marriage. Unfortunately, we dont have it stored anywhere.
I was not expecting to the level of Pachapan Khambe.. but I thought it would have good story to some extent..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Re:Why cant it just be story b/w two people ??" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kvva

kvva

Posted: 05 December 2011 at 9:12am | IP Logged

Thanks for all those that replied to my post.

I will reply each one of them.

Originally posted by Armu4eva

Pachpan Khambe Laal Diware was another such story. A very nice drama. Mita Vashist is the loner, aged bachelor who is a teacher by profession and Aman Varma (I guess the character name was Neil) is a young guy who enters her life. Beautiful story and story mainly revolves only b/w the two.. She is loner because of family requirements and crossed the usual age of marriage. Unfortunately, we dont have it stored anywhere.
I was not expecting to the level of Pachapan Khambe.. but I thought it would have good story to some extent..

U bring back memories...so beautiful...that.. todays tv makes me.. want to cringe ...

Not jus pachpan khambe.. kashish ...farman. ...udaan... sailaab these were cult classics..!! Simple stories ...to the point.. tight script.. and beautiful performances n excellent executions..!!

But if only...today was such a time...!!

Back then the DEMON called TRP din exist... n the need to... please it by hook or crook din exist either..!!

@KTLK ... i thot so too.. like u.. it wuld b different... the story based on a classic wuld b a pleasure to watch.. but.. alas.. barring few ups.. .there has been majorly only downs in the story...!! The flow is non coherent... the 'romance' is at lightening speed.. n there is absolutely no development of the side tracks/parallel tracks..!

Barring MB-Kritz.. n their chemistry... i find it a very... normal fare... nothing to write about home!

Having said all of the above... is there seriously ..any other show.. where ...there arent a gamut of ppl ..either trying to separate the lead couple... or some sensation.. triangle.. or some blast from past...or tons of advisers... or love gurus????? (I can slot every single of the top 10 shows in these categories)!!

We want ..change.. we want quality... but.. are our MAKERS capable of it???? Sadly.. it doesnt seem to .be the case... n thats the FACT of life...!! I guess at the end of the day.. .the Cvs jus think from... 'Take it or LEAVE it' perspective... so ..there... i guess.. we are all doomed..! LOL

Thanks for the reply.

Bold! Wow I remember many of those serials. They were really good.

@red you said it all. That is the reason why I stopped watching in between. Just caught up again last 3-4 episodes. They started looking better, but again more drama is introduced. I mean as I already said they can have parallel stories with other characters. But why these should realize/confess their feelings either by a love guru or by someone's vampy actions

@blue This is my biggest problem. I just want to watch one or two serials, which are worthy of it. But alas, not one not even one serial like that. There are so many channels, so many serials, can't there be atleast one or two serials for people who want quality ?  My wish is people realize the importance of these kind of  quality serials also. I feel if some one makes a series of stories, each lasting for around 3 months one can make both interesting, 'people pulling' as well as quality stories. If they want they rotate the same actors. So, just make independent stories, instead of continously adding new and meaningless tracks with the same actors. A suggestoin which probably no one will follow

Edited by kvva - 05 December 2011 at 9:14am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva

kvva

kvva

Posted: 05 December 2011 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LizzieBennett

Originally posted by Armu4eva

U bring back memories...so beautiful...that.. todays tv makes me.. want to cringe ...

Not jus pachpan khambe.. kashish ...farman. ...udaan... sailaab these were cult classics..!! Simple stories ...to the point.. tight script.. and beautiful performances n excellent executions..!!

But if only...today was such a time...!!

Back then the DEMON called TRP din exist... n the need to... please it by hook or crook din exist either..!!

@KTLK ... i thot so too.. like u.. it wuld b different... the story based on a classic wuld b a pleasure to watch.. but.. alas.. barring few ups.. .there has been majorly only downs in the story...!! The flow is non coherent... the 'romance' is at lightening speed.. n there is absolutely no development of the side tracks/parallel tracks..!

Barring MB-Kritz.. n their chemistry... i find it a very... normal fare... nothing to write about home!

Having said all of the above... is there seriously ..any other show.. where ...there arent a gamut of ppl ..either trying to separate the lead couple... or some sensation.. triangle.. or some blast from past...or tons of advisers... or love gurus????? (I can slot every single of the top 10 shows in these categories)!!

We want ..change.. we want quality... but.. are our MAKERS capable of it???? Sadly.. it doesnt seem to .be the case... n thats the FACT of life...!! I guess at the end of the day.. .the Cvs jus think from... 'Take it or LEAVE it' perspective... so ..there... i guess.. we are all doomed..! LOL

You said it! Back then content was king and now audience is king.. Back then, content determined the audience , now audience determines content.
But seriously, where are the good writers???? I'm still keeping the faith, though! I hope a day will come when all saas-bahu dramas on TV will be frozen for mindlessness and stupidity and only Class A shows like the ones you mentioned will be aired... IF this was the US, I'd seriously consider suing production houses for undermining my intelligence and numbing my brains!!!!AngryAngry

There are good writers. I am sure once a producer starts with quality work, they would surface automatically. I am not even asking for all the sasu-bahu dramas to stop. I am just asking for one or two quality serials among all the channels and all the time slots, so that I can watch them happily. 

@ red ! Brilliant idea Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DJ..

kvva

kvva

Posted: 05 December 2011 at 9:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ramonag

Agree with your post totally but..right from when the show was announced they said there would be a younger man n another old love of Ashu's turning up so story is going accordingly i guess

A young man can enter. I have no issues, but not now. They need not realize their feelings with the help of some x y z. It would have been more interesting if an young man enters after they are settled with each  other (probably after their marriage or after their engagement). The age difference, how it influences such a situation, would have been an interesting angle. How both of them deal with such a situation, would have been more nice to watch.

What I meant is, even with the young man around, the story between them should mainly revolve among them and not with the help of others.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.