Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

barbie

IF-Veteran Member

barbie

Posted: 23 March 2005 at 7:00pm | IP Logged

WAITING FOR A DREAM ROLE: Anoop Soni in CID
As ACP Ajatshatru in CID — Special Bureau (Sony) and Raghav Dutt in Remix (Star One), Anoop Soni is on a second innings on the small screen.

Soni, who began with the serial Shanti (DD), later went on to do Sea Hawks (Star Plus) and I Love You (Sony).          ;           ;           ;           ;           ;  

You began with the small screen, switched over to films and are now back on TV.
It is not a case of angoor khattein that I am back on TV. It's just that I wanted to do films. I wanted to try them out; I wanted to satisfy myself. I made my big screen debut with Vinay Shukla's Godmother, followed by films like Mahesh Manjrekar's Hathyar and Vikram Bhatt's Footpath and Inteha.

Things did not work out?
The films didn't work. As an actor, I was looking to see where I could fit in. I was looking at doing good character roles. Moreover, I did not want to get into the daily TV soap grind of shooting every day, leaving me no time for anything else.

So you got back to TV?
I was always getting offers for TV. I was offered the role of Mihir after Amar Upadhyay exited Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. In fact, producer B P Singh offered me a role in CID five years back. I do get offers for dailies but I do not want the added hassle of juggling dates. I shoot for about seven days for Remix and 16 days for Special Bureau.

But you still want to do films?
I do have films on hand. Now I am looking at doing good work, not just acting.

What's next as ACP Ajatshatru in Special Bureau?
There will be a romantic track with journalist Sunidhi (Shweta Salve) and me. All this while I was avoiding her, but now I will woo her.

On the big screen Anoop Soni will be seen in

Prakash Jha's Apaharan
Anubhav Sinha's Tathastu
Kamal Sadanah's Karkash

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ajatshatru: Films didn't work for me" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

glamour_girl

glamour_girl

Posted: 24 March 2005 at 8:20am | IP Logged
Thanx for that Barbie!! That's a cool article.

beauty_angel

beauty_angel

Posted: 24 March 2005 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Thanks barbie for the information.

PreityGirl

PreityGirl

Posted: 27 March 2005 at 2:03pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the info Barbie.

Chandni_Jaan

Chandni_Jaan

Posted: 05 April 2005 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
He was also in the Punjabi movie starring Gurdas Mann and  Juhi Des Hoya Pardes. He was a bad cop.

kitu

Goldie

kitu

Posted: 22 April 2005 at 3:28am | IP Logged
ANOOP SONI IS A VERY GOOD & CHARMING ACTOR.Smile THANKS BARBIE ITS A COOL & HOT ARTICLELOL

best91

best91

Posted: 23 April 2006 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
thnx for the info

clarissa

clarissa

Posted: 24 April 2006 at 7:37am | IP Logged
GR8 DAT MEANS CID SB IS NOT OVER!! Big smile Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top