LIKE Posts

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Ichangedit

IF-Rockerz

Ichangedit

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 8:59am | IP Logged
Hello,

Yesterday I had a problem while pressing the LIKE button for someone elses posts. After a while it told me that I am not allowed to LIKE the post of one forum member more than 50 times in 24 hours. Why is that? If this members posts frequently and I like his or her posts why am I not allowed to do it? I don't understand why there should be a restriction to it. So would you please change it or give me a reason for this restriction so that I know why I am not allowed to do it.

Thank you already

P.S. Thank you all for your hard work here at IF. I really appreciate it Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.Nafisa.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "LIKE Posts" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Nafisa.

IF-Stunnerz

.Nafisa.

Posted: 05 January 2012 at 4:09am | IP Logged
I've been thinking over the last few days and have come to the conclusion that for rankings the Like button doesn't count...it's not included in any of the ranking parameters.

Sorry to have misled you, but didn't know, when we start to raise the rankings again, I will have hopefully confirmed this here with Vijay and his team properly

I asked Nadii on the Tellybuzz we've been receiving recently, during the strike, we had IPKKND fans hitting the dislike button whenever SNS was put in a comment, so the dislikes were more then the Likes for that comment, and she said she wasn't absolutely sure but said they don't count...likes or dislikes don't count (but she was to find out from Vijay).

If you look at the ranking parameters it says comments on the TV celebrities ranking and serial ranking doesn't mention LIKE's are included in the comments parameter, in the CM ranking it says the Activity (activity is defined as how many people respond to a thread and how many people view a thread, to turn it pink quickly) so doesn't say about LIKE's...but I would like it confirmed first, is this assumption true? 

I will then let everyone know when we hit the LIKE button we are doing it to appreciate the person's work and ideas and not for ranking purposes.

.Nafisa.

IF-Stunnerz

.Nafisa.

Posted: 11 January 2012 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
We never received a reply for our two queries.

Is it possible to get a reply about this please.

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 13 January 2012 at 9:59am | IP Logged

Hey friends,

Its a spamming technique to prevent spamming, thats why we cant click like button to the same member more than 50 times within 24 hours.  

.Nafisa.

IF-Stunnerz

.Nafisa.

Posted: 13 January 2012 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aahaana

Hey friends,

Its a spamming technique to prevent spamming, thats why we cant click like button to the same member more than 50 times within 24 hours.  

spamming restriction. but please look at the second query, which is different, and could also have an answer to that please.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top