kaleidoscope thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Parmeet opting out of 'Jassi'??

BY VICKEY LALWANI

Our sleuths have just sniffed out a scoop!Parmeet Sethi wants to opt out of Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin!

But why? Sethi is not too enthu about the way his role is shaping up, they say.

We decided to check out this piece of news.

When contacted, Sethi gave us a long pause when we told him what we had heard. But he did not beat around the bush when he began.

"Well, I don't have much of a role to play these days. They have shifted from the original Betty La Fea from episode No.90 onwards. The spotlight is on Jassi's love life. The focus is on Jassi and Purab. Where do I fit in?", he said, adding quickly, "I am not complaining. It happens in daily soaps."

Has he stopped shooting for the show? "I haven't stopped shooting. I am ticking away as per the schedules. But I don't see myself in the story as I used to earlier. If the story shifts to Gulmohur Fashion House, it's fine. Else I'll take a call," he said, after another pause.

Has he spoken to the people concerned? "There is nothing to speak about specifically. We are a team, and therefore, in constant touch. They are currently writing the next route the show will take. Let me read that. Then I'll decide."

On date, Parmeet has grabbed two exciting, meaty roles in films. One, Karan Johar's thriller Kaal directed by Soham. Two, Dipak Tijori's Fareb. While the former stars Ajay Devgan, Vivek Oberoi, John Abraham, Lara Dutta and Esha Deol, the latter has Manoj Bajpai, Shilpa Shetty and Shamita Shetty.

Is Sethi's indecisivenness about Jassi motivated by the film offers? "Not at all. Films are shot aaram se and I can easily adjust my dates. If they tell me that the story will shift back to Gulmohur or if I am required in the central storyline even after 50 episodes, I will hang on," he concludes optimistically.

Hmmm...

source: tellychakkar