Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jasunap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: Jatayu

No. The chicken came first. Sorry to make it a bit long but the logioc and argument are a bit complicated.

I heard it from a friend who knows someone working in the same office as the person who was told this by his sister in-law's neighbour who in turn, overheard it in a bus.

It was like this:
Buonarotti and Winston were bar buddies. They would meet every evening after a day of wasting at the races and would be busy, depending on how the day had gone, drowning their sorrows or aplauding their shrewd bids.

Once after a day of mixed fortunes, they met as usual at the Bar Down Yonder and rapidly went into a heated discussion on the advantages of using eggs for betting.

Winston was of the opinion that eggs were absolutely useless as they couldn't even be made to stand on their ends to which Buonarotti retorted that neither could Winston be made to stand after a couple.

And so it went on, getting louder and louder by the rounds until finally a stranger, who called himself, Isaac, got fed up with all the din and told them all to shut up as they had put the cart before the horse. Or the egg before the chicken.

He emphatically informed the entire lot at the Bar Down Yonder that he had proved that the chicken had come first, before the egg. The punters should therefore use chickens to hedge their bets and not eggs.

This Isaac also said that the mathematical proof of this could be read in his book titled The Principia. Now this book was written in Latin and therefore was understandably all Latin. Why he took it upon himself to write in Latin was, well, quite a mystery.

But on that day, this Isaac chappie was feeling all magnanimous and agreed to explain to the crowd how he proved that the chicken had come first. In English.

And this is what he had to say:

"I heard it from a friend who knows someone working in the same office as the person who was told this by his sister in-law's neighbour who in turn, overheard it in a bus.

It was like this:
Shivaji and Nero were bar buddies. They would meet every evening after a day of wasting at the races ............ "

I am sure with this unambiguous logic, you all will be absolutely convinved that the chicken had indeed come before the egg.

that was really funny jatayu.  i also have a couple of theories about which came first. here i go

(1) The egg came first. We know that chickens evolved from some earlier, non-chickenoid form of life, e.g., the half-bird, half-reptile Archaeopteryx. These non-chickens, however, arrived in eggs. Ergo, eggs were on the scene before chickens.

(2) The chicken came first because (sigh) the chicken had to get laid before the egg could. Don't say I didn't warn you.

cheers!😆😆

delilah thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
chicken pehle ya egg ke baad, Egg pehle ya chicken ke baad .... lekin Bird flu tho unke saath!!!!...

I'd say that cock first.. bcoz without cock .. no egg from the hen...U get my point dont u?? 😉 😉

Edited by delilah - 18 years ago
Majority thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasunap

The chicken came first because (sigh) the chicken had to get laid before the egg could. Don't say I didn't warn you. cheers!😆😆

😆 😆 😆 one for you
DivyaD thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
omg... insane... everyone... simply insane!! 😆 😆 😆
i'm like the only one with a decent train of thought... and it makes no diff to me: me vegetarian!! 😕 😉
jasunap thumbnail
thanks jatayu. interesting to see everyone has a wonderful sense of humour! 😆
Majority thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: delilah

chicken pehle ya egg ke baad, Egg pehle ya chicken ke baad .... lekin Bird flu tho unke saath!!!!... I'd say that cock first.. bcoz without cock .. no egg from the hen...U get my point dont u?? 😉 😉

😆 😆 😆 I think at this stage and before saying anything else, I should ask how old delilah is 😆
jasunap thumbnail
ask jatayu ask. im curious too.. 😆
sowmyaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jatayu

😆 😆 😆 I think at this stage and before saying anything else, I should ask how old delilah is 😆

😆 😆 me too curious to know 😆
sowmyaa thumbnail
Ok here is one more theory-Mods I am not sure if I should post it here or not...if you think its not appropriate please feel free to delete- 😛

so who came first!!! chicken or egg!!!

A Chicken and an egg are lying in bed.........
The chicken is leaning against the headboard smoking a cigarette, with a satisfied smile on its face.

The egg, looking a bit pissed off, grabs the sheet, rolls over, and says,

"Well, I guess we finally answered THAT question."
*dolly* thumbnail

Originally posted by: sowmyaa

😆 😆 me too curious to know 😆

😆😆