Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

.Mandy.

Channel Moderator

.Mandy.

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 12:18am | IP Logged

From a shy girl in "Parineeta" to a sex siren in "The Dirty Picture", Vidya Balan has portrayed different roles in her six-year-old career in Bollywood. And the actress is clear that she wants to be known for her roles and not just an individual.

"The legacy I want to leave behind is probably that I want people to know me for my roles and not as an individual. I want them to remember me for the kind of treatment I have given to every character of mine. I want to be known for the body of my work," said Vidya in the capital Saturday, attending the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit.

"I don't believe in picking big ticket films. I don't worry about getting typecast, it is not my concern. I have shown enough of range and variety in the films that I have done and will keep doing that," she added.

There was a time when the 32-year-old was criticised for her dressing sense and weight issues. But, the voluptuous actress, over the years, has proved that acting moves beyond the realms of size zero.

"I think women should celebrate their body and not hide. Women should look like women, they should be curvacious. I don't believe in size zero figure," she said.

And the actress, who is the talk of the town these days because of her bold avatar in "The Dirty Picture", says she tends to pick up roles she identifies with.

"I am a very emotional person at heart. I tend to connect with roles that touch my heart and soul. Every character of mine that I have essayed has taught me something new. It helps me to explore the new side of me. I like roles that are true and honest," she said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Vidya-Balan-doesnt-believe-in-size-zero/articleshow/10969642.cms

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

iqbals4evercloseyourlegssunflower52Jess.BazingaaYusBeeKhatamKahani-IamAwesome-nikita_88ibelieveinpink-SalShah4eva-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Vidya Balan doesn't believe in size-zero" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Mandy.

Channel Moderator

.Mandy.

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 12:25am | IP Logged

Loved this interview, only makes me like Vidya more

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

miley cyrusana1BazingaaYusBee-IamAwesome--Rhythmic.Me-ruky786

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 10:01am | IP Logged
And she only talks about it but actually looks like a beautiful, curvaceous woman, unlike the other women who look like stick figures yet claim to not endorse size zero.

Edited by heroin. - 06 December 2011 at 10:01am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

YusBee

-iktaara-

IF-Dazzler

-iktaara-

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Interesting interview but my only grudge with this interview is that why look down on big ticket films? She did it in the past and failed in it (Hey baby and Kismet Konnection) and now she thinks she is too good to be in it? Hypocrisy much? Anyways, to each to his own..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

ladygaga.

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 10:39am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

miley cyrusYusBee-IamAwesome-Naach_Basantiruky786

-iktaara-

IF-Dazzler

-iktaara-

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 10:46am | IP Logged
^ Lady Gaga: I didn't say that the films are failed but she got lot of flak for it and that's why she chose the different career route. If she have done it then why look down at it? 

I personally feel she is doing great with her pace and roles..

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygaga.YusBee.khoobsurat.ruky786

ladygaga.

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 10:57am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

miley cyrus-iktaara-YusBee-IamAwesome-Naach_Basantiruky786

-iktaara-

IF-Dazzler

-iktaara-

Posted: 06 December 2011 at 11:00am | IP Logged
But I have never considered her as offbeat actresses. She was in commercial since the time she started but she changed her career route and made a name for herself through performance oriented roles. But I still think she will be like Tabu in future years who only critics will reminisce and aam junta will forget and move to those gori babes..:) 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top