Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

ibelieveinpink

IF-Stunnerz

ibelieveinpink

Posted: 03 December 2011 at 8:10pm | IP Logged

Sony's new show seems like an inspired version of thePrincess Diaries, whatever its producers might say

Dekha Ek Khwaab starts with the protagonist Muniya (Priyal Gor) enjoying the Mumbai rains. She is a simple down to earth girl who wishes for her own princess story. Little does she know that she just might get that chance, thanks to Rajmata Mrinalini Devi and Maharaj Brijraj Singh. Aruna Irani and Shahbaaz Khan are tailor-made for their roles of royalty. Yet, the show started on a slow note without any punch making it a rather dull affair. So much so that even the entry of Abhishak Rawat's Akash fell flat. The initial episode itself hints that Muniya's life is not exactly as it's made out to be and she has a connection to royalty. But what bored us was the fact that in spite of being an outspoken and loud character, Muniya is blissfully ignorant of the outside world. Her doting father advises her to not venture outdoors but doesn't give any explanations. Muniya's characterisation shows conflicting attributes and she comes across as fake. Her supposedly polar opposite is the Rajmata's granddaughter, Jaynandini aka J a snobbish and arrogant girl who has just stepped into adulthood. The actor goes overboard with her character and requires extensive training in dialogue delivery. On the whole, the serial doesn't seem to offer anything unique or interesting. While the makers scream on top of their voices that the story is different, we seem to have a hard time believing it. If Sony head honchos really expected to retain the high TRPs they got thanks to Amitabh Bachchan's Kaun Banega Crorepati 5 with this show, they are going to be sorely disappointed.

LINK: http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/tv-review-dekha-ek-khwaab-doesnt-offer-anything-new/

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Coco_Fictions

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TV Review: "DEK Doesn't Offer Anything New"" in Dekha Ek Khwaab forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Dakoo_Minzy*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Dakoo_Minzy*

Posted: 03 December 2011 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
stupid article ROFL

someone gave them money to write this i guess..Monaya's character is being appreciated by everyone.. Okay agree the track of Akash Monaya seemed quite lacking something...

But Udayveer Monaya have the spark that was needed! Wne the fan following increases...we are gonna see a better article..critics are always there..

Btwn thanks for the article coco Hug

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

smilingsonamarishka.khanTulip92be-happy-alwaysshaf13SmritiKathabrainychild92ibelieveinpink

-Wanderer-

IF-Dazzler

-Wanderer-

Posted: 03 December 2011 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
This article itself is biased. As a TV review it was very partial. The Princess Diaries is far different and Meg Cabot's ordinary girl turning royal itself is not all that original. We have a completely different storyline and the story has just started. I wish the TV reporters did not take money for writing such reviews for one soap when there are 100s of other soaps which have the same old story.
As far as the princess diaries is concerned, it is hardly one of my favourite books. It is rather shallow and ordinary and can be liked only by teenagers crazy about chic-literature.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Tulip92SmritiKathabrainychild92ibelieveinpink

Avnish17

IF-Sizzlerz

Avnish17

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 12:11am | IP Logged
I think this show is better than most of other shows on Sony TV. This show has really nice actors too.

shaf13SmritiKatha*Dakoo_Minzy*ibelieveinpink

Angelskiss

IF-Dazzler

Angelskiss

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 12:21am | IP Logged
What the sheesh kabob! Did the TV reporter actually watched the show? I mean seriously only a blind person would call this show a disappointment! Angry  I absolutely loved the first episode, Moniya is anything but fake! And J is doing a great job with her character of an arrogant, selfish princess. This show is VERY unique and VERY interesting... we love the whole fairy tail feel to it...

smilingsonaSmritiKathaAvnish17ibelieveinpink

abhilan97

abhilan97

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 12:47am | IP Logged
I think the TV reporters have gone mad!!!! According to me and the other audience, Dekha Ek Khwab is rather a very fresh and new concept. It is unique and something very different to the tv industry. The actors are fabulous, the storyline is remarkable and current track too is very interseting...so I don't think that this soap will get low TRPs...infact it is gaining TRPs and will GO on gaining...this how may even come to number 1 if track goes well!!!!!!!! Anyway, thanx for the article but plz don't pay any attention to such a stupid ariticle of stupid and disgusting reporters!!!!Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

smilingsonaAngelskissshaf13SmritiKatha*Dakoo_Minzy*ibelieveinpink

*Dakoo_Minzy*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Dakoo_Minzy*

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 1:01am | IP Logged
awww! we are already in action Party 

this show has superb talented actors! everyone's perfect cast Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shaf13ibelieveinpink

ibelieveinpink

IF-Stunnerz

ibelieveinpink

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 9:26am | IP Logged
I agree with you all! The reporters are being too harsh. The story is nothing like TPD b/c the princess isn't kidnapped. Also, there was a massive transformation, but Monya is already so beautiful as we saw on Friday's episode. 

As for the actors' critique--actors improve with time. I'm sure the chemistry b/w ManVeer will intensify and the acting will improve b/c it does with all actors. It takes time to get into the skin of the character.

Compared to other shows nowadays, DEK is more realistically approached and it's refreshing. So the ppl who don't like the show don't have to watch it, but they're def missing out.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Coco_Fictionsshaf13

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.