Hitler Didi

Indian TV show 'Hitler Didi' has foreigners talkin (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

-RH-

-RH-

Posted: 03 December 2011 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
tfs...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Indian TV show 'Hitler Didi' has foreigners talkin (Page 2)" in Hitler Didi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

naina158

Groupbie

naina158

Posted: 03 December 2011 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
thanks

-Rinky-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Rinky-

Posted: 03 December 2011 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
tfs...

atria

Goldie

atria

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 4:55am | IP Logged

Hitler was a terrible person, there is no doubt about that. But sometimes I feel the western obsession with Hitler is a bit unhealthy. The swastika story in the article is a good example. The Swastika was a symbol of auspiciousness in India long before civilization started in Europe. Just because one bad guy from somewhere appropriated a version of it for his nefarious purposes, we shouldn't use it anymore? Well neo-nazi groups have used various manifestations of the cross as their symbol of hate for ages (KKK had a white cross which symbolized the blood Christ shed for the white people!), so lets see churches all over Europe take down their crosses then. Overdone political correctness is just silly.

About the name of the show, Hitler usually has a different connotation in India than the west. Here it means overly strict (which was one speciality of his regime), there it means racist. Perhaps it was because they suffered through the atrocities of his concentration camps, while we only got to know of him through war reports. But there have been horrible incidents and terrible dictators throughout the history of mankind. Why single out Hitler? When I tell people my family live in Kolkata, they blithely say ''Ah, the Black Hole of Calcutta'' (which comes from a completely wrong reinterpretation of history) as if they are paying me a compliment. If people living in the west can have a wrong understanding of Indian history, its fine to do the same with western history. Hitler is NOT so important that the mere mention of his name will destroy the world !

I don't know whats wrong with me today, I'm in essay writing mode.LOL Thanks for the article.

Pratamesh

IF-Dazzler

Pratamesh

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 5:04am | IP Logged
Tfs

bones88

IF-Stunnerz

bones88

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 6:10am | IP Logged
thaaanks for sharingHug

hpotterbekub

Groupbie

hpotterbekub

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 9:21am | IP Logged
thanks.

-Gunners-

IF-Dazzler

-Gunners-

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Hitler Didi Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.