Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Is Garima the connection between Arshi's past? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 12

tvshowfan

IF-Sizzlerz

tvshowfan

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 1:09am | IP Logged
opti i hope if CVs had any confusion about past, your post will give some clear picture to them LOL

but i feel that past cant be brought in front before payash marriage so i feel garima will not be that person.

whatever i want the whole past stuff is some misunderstanding.
so i would say like this,

We all know that kushis parents died in the car accident same time as
when arnav and anjali went thought the pain.
so lets say like this  arnavs father was blames for the accident and that lead  his death and arnavs mother killed herself due to the rumors Ouch  or  if CVs want to bring back his father then may be
 ran away due to the incident and arnavs mother killed herself .
leaving arnav to pick his moms surname.

but i also feel that CVs already have the past plot but delaying it due to TRP it will come out after arhi marriage and when  arhi are almost in love to separate them.

They cant delay marriage as arnavs engagement/marriage is already talked aloud and it has to happen with whom is open but we all know it has to be kushi

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is Garima the connection between Arshi's past? (Page 5)" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Opti

IF-Stunnerz

Opti

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 1:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sunaina02

once again this is neither a movie , nor a a novel.

This is a TV serial and never trust the creatives , they can even male Arnav Khushi brother and sister if  that raises  their TRP. Never expect tthem to show the past as we are thinking it should be .

If they make Arnav and Khushi brother and sister they can kiss their trps good bye. Yes it may initially raise the trps as people will be curious to know what is happening but then it will crash when they reveal that they are siblings because Indian society cannot accept incest of any kind. So in the long run they will lose big time. 

Edited by Opti - 04 December 2011 at 1:18am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rini_katMrDarcyfantvshowfan

Opti

IF-Stunnerz

Opti

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 1:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lwfw

opti i hope if CVs had any confusion about past, your post will give some clear picture to them LOL

but i feel that past cant be brought in front before payash marriage so i feel garima will not be that person.

whatever i want the whole past stuff is some misunderstanding.
so i would say like this,

We all know that kushis parents died in the car accident same time as
when arnav and anjali went thought the pain.
so lets say like this  arnavs father was blames for the accident and that lead  his death and arnavs mother killed herself due to the rumors Ouch  or  if CVs want to bring back his father then may be
 ran away due to the incident and arnavs mother killed herself .
leaving arnav to pick his moms surname.

but i also feel that CVs already have the past plot but delaying it due to TRP it will come out after arhi marriage and when  arhi are almost in love to separate them.

They cant delay marriage as arnavs engagement/marriage is already talked aloud and it has to happen with whom is open but we all know it has to be kushi

Agree that the past will come out much later.  First Shyam's truth will have to come out at least partially.  Once that storm blows over they may bring out the past.  You made a valid point about Payash marriage having to take place before the past is revealed and hence Garima cannot be that person but this can still happen if for some reason Nani cannot attend Payash/Arshi's wedding and thus the only person who may recognise Garima is not around.   Nani may meet Garima much later when the past may come tumbling out, bringing out another storm in Arshi's life.

Edited by Opti - 04 December 2011 at 1:42am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tvshowfan

tvshowfan

IF-Sizzlerz

tvshowfan

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 1:43am | IP Logged
opti agree when CVs can  make kushi's babuji useless with paralysis attack .  they can stop naani from attending the marriage LOL
but i feel  garima cannot be simply because there should not be any issue in payash marriage the  trouble will be only for arhi .
so its kushis parents and arnavs parents

sometime i wonder who worry most CVs about TRP or we about story line. but then  of course CVs have their stake in trouble as thats their job .
where as for us its a entertainment.

So i still believe CVs will do everything in their hand to keep up the good work.

Opti

IF-Stunnerz

Opti

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 1:45am | IP Logged
I dont think Payash's marriage will be in trouble because Payal is not related to Garima by blood whereas Garima is Khushi's aunt.

Edited by Opti - 04 December 2011 at 1:45am

tvshowfan

Opti

IF-Stunnerz

Opti

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 1:52am | IP Logged
There is one scene I cant get over. This is the scene where Arnav meets Garima in Bauji's house on Diwali night. When he leaves, he wishes her on the occasion of Diwali and she wishes him back.  What caught my attention was the husky voice in which she wished him. There was almost a reverence in it.  Was wondering whether she was unconsciously giving him that respect and reverence she may have once given his father.  I believe that even if there was any scandal involving her and his dad it may not be true.  She may have just revered the man and not actually had any affair with him.

Edited by Opti - 04 December 2011 at 1:58am

tvshowfan

tvshowfan

IF-Sizzlerz

tvshowfan

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 1:56am | IP Logged
@opti may be you are right . you have a good observation  , way better than mine Clap

serialjunkie

IF-Sizzlerz

serialjunkie

Posted: 04 December 2011 at 8:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Opti

Originally posted by serialjunkie

yeah! i agree! I don't want a sleazy past story marring the beauty of the show.

Lets say Khushi's aunty or some relative was Arnav's dad's object of affection, I can live with that. Or perhaps there was a misunderstanding between their families.

My point is this - Arnav's closeted past really does not need a connection with khushi's past to make the story interesting. This is too much like a 70s bollywood movie where coincidences were the foundation of entire story lines (how coincidentally you become best friends with your brother, how coincidentally your sister ties you rakhi, how coincidentally you meet in a mela or discover a similar tattoo/locket/mole/scar etc etc). That is OLD SCHOOL and INSUFFERABLE.

I think if CVs indeed want to connect the two, they can show that these families were neighbors and Arnav's family somehow mistreated Khushi's family and now Arnav feels the need to repair that. I can even live with that.

But an affair or even to imagine that Khushi as a 5~10 year old child was somehow responsible for Raizada parivar's unraveling is unacceptable and poor story telling. It does not make for mature and classy story telling. how can a 10 year old be held responsible for anything!

I hope CVs treat this with class.

Whether you like it or not, this is not just a love story. There is a lot of complexity thrown in from the start.  As to co-incidences have we not had so many co-incidences so far?  Khushi managed to be in the same place as Arnav and that kick started this whole story.

As to their pasts being inter-related, I think that is the main theme of this show. The Shyam factor is just a piece of the larger canvass. When they started off this show they did mention that their past is going to wreak major havoc in their lives.  As to Arnav's family mistreating Khushi's family and Arnav feeling the need to repair it sounds ironic considering that he himself is mistreating, humiliating and punishing Khushi for no fault of hers.  I don't see where the question of class comes here.  They have already shown many things in the show which are not necessarily classy.  Shyam's disgusting behaviour is a case in point.  Neither has Arnav's bahaviour been classy of late.  This is a mainstream soap which is bound to have its share of melodrama if it aims to stick for long.

I dont see anything wrong in weaving their pasts into their present to make their future enigmatic.  as to the story telling, the so-called sleaze (as per your vocabulary) can also make for gripping story telling if they handle it with sensitivity.    

yes, the coincidences are already weaved into the story. This is my opinion of how the story should be, it may not win popularity contest but it is what I think IPKKND should do. CVs can and will do whatever it takes to make their TRPs, so i not delusional to think that anything will change. In fact, I get tired of watching over dramatization in Indian soaps after a while and have not typically stayed with any show for more than a year when CVs start cooking up bizarre story lines to keep interest up.

Right now there is very little sleaze in the show, yet we all collectively find it very gripping and interesting, isn't it? That tells me, if the CVs focus on ARHI relationship and the complexities of their relationship, the evolution of their love story, they will succeed in creating a gripping story. Sure, Arnav's past has to be revealed to show how deeply that has affected his psyche and general attitude towards loving a middle-class girl. But that can be done without weaving a melodramatic story of khushi's past into his past. Arnav's past can be independent of khushi's past and yet have the crushing effect of challenging their relationship. Or is it asking too much of CVs to give us a nuanced and layered story?

It will be so easy for Arnav to hate Khushi especially if their pasts are somehow intertwined. But it will also be cliched, old-school and yes sleaze if it involves Garima somehow. The next level of story telling is to make Arnav hate Khushi because he is projecting his "independent" past on to her and eventually, but slowly, coming to realization of the unfairness of his actions and recognizing the virtues of Khushi and falling in love with her for her.

Again, this is my opinion, and I do feel creating unnecessary coincidences and connections just makes the story cliched.

Btw, i dont mean to offend anyone, so if my opinions come on too strong, just bear with me. I just feel that Indian serials make so many cross-connections, wrong numbers, missed calls and dropped connections, my head starts reeling. For once, i just want a pure love story, totally driven by the inner conflicts and personality traits of the leads and not by the coincidental/circumstantial forces.

Edited by serialjunkie - 04 December 2011 at 9:03am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Syama_Luna-Sunset-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.