sex scandal emroils BW

Singh23 IF-Dazzler
Singh23
Singh23

Posted: 16 March 2005 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Sex Scandal Embroils Bollywood

Tue Mar 15,10:43 AM ET
 Movies - AP
By RAMOLA TALWAR BADAM, Associated Press Writer BOMBAY, India - India's Bollywood film industry was in the grip of a sex scandal Tuesday after a TV station broadcast footage of a famous villain actor purportedly soliciting sex from a journalist posing as an aspiring actress.
AP PhotoAP PhotoPhoto
AP Photo

Actor Shakti Kapoor has denied any wrongdoing and accused India TV of framing him. A video clip, which the station said was taken earlier this year, purportedly shows Kapoor in a Bombay hotel room telling the undercover reporter, "I want to make love to you ... and if you want to come in this line (of business), you have to do what I am telling (you) to do." Kapoor is heard on the 40-minute recording telling the woman that he will put her through acting and dance classes before introducing her to top directors. He also names three Indian actresses who allegedly had sex with top producers and directors in exchange for roles. "So you have to do it just once," he says in the recording. The recording sparked an uproar in Bollywood. The Film and TV Producers' Guild said it "is advising its members not to engage Shakti Kapoor in any work." But some industry leaders appeared unfazed by the scandal. Producer Mahesh Bhatt said soliciting sex in exchange for roles "is Bollywood's best-known secret." "The rot is within us," he said, adding that Kapoor should only be punished with a fine. Kapoor, who usually plays villains in movies, has claimed the clip was altered. He said the woman met him repeatedly over several months, asking for a film role and finally threatening suicide if he did not come to her hotel room. "The tapes have been doctored," he told reporters Sunday. "I never touched her." Kapoor also denied making any allegations against other celebrities or powerful figures in India's film industry. He threatened to sue India TV. Pehlaj Nihalani, president of the industry group All India Motion Pictures and Television Producers Association, said he thought Kapoor had been framed. "It was a well-laid out plan. An edited version of the video was shown," Nihalani said. "It was a planned conspiracy to defame him." Kapoor has acted in more than 300 movies, including "Jodi No. 1" ("Couple No. 1") and "Phir bhi Dil hai Hindustani" ("The Heart remains Indian").

Singh23 IF-Dazzler
Singh23
Singh23

Posted: 16 March 2005 at 12:11am | IP Logged
the sad thing is that this sort of thing does happen many time in the industry but director and producers are not comptletly to blame some actress do activly seek out these opertunities,, this whole story is very nteresting i encourage everyone to read the other articles available on this topc, just simply search for them on google or what ever.
Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 16 March 2005 at 3:10am | IP Logged
I agree with what Singh said..Such things are common in bollywood.
~*Prinkzz4eva*~ IF-Dazzler
~*Prinkzz4eva*~
~*Prinkzz4eva*~

Posted: 21 March 2005 at 4:24pm | IP Logged

what the hell!!!Angry i agree with u guyz

**VaRiNdEr** Groupbie
**VaRiNdEr**
**VaRiNdEr**

Posted: 22 March 2005 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
I WONDER WHICH 3 ACTRESSES DID THAT.....
Jyoti_Saroya1 Senior Member
Jyoti_Saroya1
Jyoti_Saroya1

Posted: 19 October 2005 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
How many people are actually SHOCEKD by this?
It is the entertainment business after all!
I am in no way justifying whatever happened BUT Shakti Kapoor is not the only one. This stuff has been goin on for ages!
Nothing new!
Angeleyes 2 IF-Sizzlerz
Angeleyes 2
Angeleyes 2

Posted: 19 October 2005 at 7:45pm | IP Logged

OMG Thanks

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top