Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Why are women discriminated n unfairly treated ? (Page 3)

Omnipotent_Taco Goldie
Omnipotent_Taco
Omnipotent_Taco

Posted: 12 December 2011 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Why are there such strange and crazy news ?

Woman buried alive uses engagement ring to cut through the box and escape.

LOL

Have you seen the utter BS they publish as news in The Daily Mail and Guardian? Brit tabloids and papers take the cake when it comes to gobbledygook, sensational happenings of the day.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 12 December 2011 at 6:44am | IP Logged
In Malaysia they have the OWC or Obedient Wife's Club.
It is disgusting.
The purpose is to keep husbands happy n obey completely and serve them.

Euterpe Groupbie
Euterpe
Euterpe

Posted: 13 December 2011 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

In Malaysia they have the OWC or Obedient Wife's Club.
It is disgusting.
The purpose is to keep husbands happy n obey completely and serve them.

Wow... talk about being jobless. Literally.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 9:32pm | IP Logged

An Afghan woman jailed for adultery after a relative raped her has been freed, her lawyer has told the BBC.

The woman, known only as Gulnaz, was released on the orders of President Hamid Karzai, who pardoned her earlier this month.

Her lawyer told the BBC that she was released without precondition, dispelling fears that she may have to marry her attacker.

The case drew international attention to the plight of many Afghan women.

Gulnaz - who was sentenced to 12 years in prison after reporting that she had been raped by her cousin's husband - recently gave birth in jail to a daughter.

Her lawyer, Kimberley Motley, told the BBC that she was healthy and happy to be released.

Boogleton.Schiz IF-Dazzler

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Summer3

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 19 December 2011 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Boogleton.Schiz

Originally posted by Euterpe

Well, I believe that women are still treated like this because its something that is handed down to us traditionally. In India, specially north India we are taught to be submissive. We see our mothers neglecting themselves to care for our fathers and that is exactly what we end up doing because it gets rooted in the subconscious.
Then it is also the fact that men are egotistic or are rather taught to be egotistic. They are supposed to be tough and shit though I don't see the point of a man trying to bottle up his emotions, its quite pointless. Nirvana's point of women being able to tempt the man is one of the reasons why they are so scared.
I actually know a guy who is barely 17 and almost broke up with his GF who is studying to become a doctor. Why? Because he doesn't want her to work after marriage. Beat that. And np, I dont live in a village. 

This reminds me of a story my aunt told me a few days ago, which happened to a far relative in Bangladesh. The family arranged a marriage for her, and she obediently consented because that's what she's been taught. The girl just finished her GCSE equivalent (can't recall the name) and the groom worked in Dubai and was elder by many years. After marriage he soon returned to the Middle East and left her with her parents. So she called him and asked if she could continue her education, and he obviously din't let her. But she didn't succumb to his demands and soon joined college. A few months later  he told her to visit his sisters home as he sent something for her there, and when she went he was there waiting for her. He tied her up and asked if she would continue her education but she wasn't willing to give up and so he cut her hands off. 

All that just because she wanted to be educated, which was wrong in his perspective, because for him a woman was there to take care of household chores. 
Barbaric !
Must be disciples of the devil.

veil_of_roses

Euterpe Groupbie
Euterpe
Euterpe

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Boogleton.Schiz

Originally posted by Euterpe

Well, I believe that women are still treated like this because its something that is handed down to us traditionally. In India, specially north India we are taught to be submissive. We see our mothers neglecting themselves to care for our fathers and that is exactly what we end up doing because it gets rooted in the subconscious.
Then it is also the fact that men are egotistic or are rather taught to be egotistic. They are supposed to be tough and shit though I don't see the point of a man trying to bottle up his emotions, its quite pointless. Nirvana's point of women being able to tempt the man is one of the reasons why they are so scared.
I actually know a guy who is barely 17 and almost broke up with his GF who is studying to become a doctor. Why? Because he doesn't want her to work after marriage. Beat that. And np, I dont live in a village. 

This reminds me of a story my aunt told me a few days ago, which happened to a far relative in Bangladesh. The family arranged a marriage for her, and she obediently consented because that's what she's been taught. The girl just finished her GCSE equivalent (can't recall the name) and the groom worked in Dubai and was elder by many years. After marriage he soon returned to the Middle East and left her with her parents. So she called him and asked if she could continue her education, and he obviously din't let her. But she didn't succumb to his demands and soon joined college. A few months later  he told her to visit his sisters home as he sent something for her there, and when she went he was there waiting for her. He tied her up and asked if she would continue her education but she wasn't willing to give up and so he cut her hands off. 

All that just because she wanted to be educated, which was wrong in his perspective, because for him a woman was there to take care of household chores. 
Jail the *%##@@ These things need to be negotiated before marriage. But apparently thats not allowed. I wonder what her parents have to say about that though

TheBrat

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 20 December 2011 at 3:59pm | IP Logged
Fault lies with a lot of these NRIs or NRPs too.
The laws of some oversea countries also prosecute women unfairly. Women have no rights of any type.
Hopefully it is all changing.
There must be a balance.

Go to top