Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

Nandalala

IF-Rockerz

Nandalala

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 7:17pm | IP Logged

We all agree that there is now a 'new' degree of comfort,
understanding and respect between Kastur & Mohan. While the CVs have not shed any light on how this change
occurred, the last two episodes have given us numerous indications of this
phase in their relationship. Based on what has been shown, there are a handful of us
on the forum who think Mohan has actually fallen in love with Kastur. 'How
is that possible?
' and 'No, it is still friendship' is a
counter question & comment I have read in many threads. In fact, prior to the mini-leap in the
show, I myself had said in one of the threads that it will be a long time
before Mohan even comes to an 'I think I love you' (quoting Soaps hereSmile) point. So what has changed now?

I was going to post a long thread about stages of love, and
why Mohan seems to have moved on from friendship to something deeper…I nixed it
because I didn't want a snooze fest; instead I'll just give two poignant examples
from the show to illustrate how his feelings have evolved:

A tale of two thank yous: Mohan has shown his gratitude to Kastur numerous times On
the November 30th episode, he expressed a very warm, and sincere
thank you to his wife for her help at the site…the kind you would say to a
friend; I still thought this had a very affectionate quality to it we had not
seen before, but it was more 'friendly' than anything else…On December 1st
came another thank you…a 'thanks'… one with a je ne sais quoi quality to it . Mohan caught Kastur in a private moment to specifically say
'thanks' to her when everyone else had left the room…he lingered for a few
moments after he said it…the smile on his face was shy, but with a hint of
flirtation, of intimacy; his eyes hovered on her…what was that?

Okay, moving on to exhibit number two:

Playing the defender: You guys may remember when Mohan told Kastur he knew his
mother disliked her & that if his mother found fault with her, it was his
mother's problem, & not Kastur's.
On the basis of that statement, he did not feel the need to defend Kastur's
feelings to Saroj or get upset at his mother for destroying his wife's rangoli.
In his mind, it was Kastur's issue and she
would have to deal with it the way she thought fit. Why then did
Mohan feel compelled to stand up for Kastur when it came to his mother taunting
her about her injury?   
Kastur's feelings would be hurt in both instances, right? Why did it matter more now? Moreover, in
the last scene in the December 1 episode, he wanted Saroj to understand that Kastur
respected her as much as he
did…why? What did that
matter? Particular when he knew his even talking about Kastur would fall on
deaf ears?

The examples I have chosen to illustrate show two sides of
the same coin: love. The first example shows the physical change in Mohan's emotions: he is slowly but surely outwardly expressing how he feels towards Kastur. The second example is more important in my opinion because it shows the sea change in the emotional quotient.
Now, it is no longer about understanding Kastur: he respects her, her intentions, her good will. He sees her as an ally, a friend, a
partner, a confidante and there is pride in his eyes for her--all things that
are part and parcel of a 'close' friendship. [I]But

the fact that he is involving himself between his wife & mother speaks
volumes. If he didn't have
feelings for Kastur, why defend her to Saroj of all people, and why now?

Mohan shows true love as only he can-- It is subtle in its depiction,
but it is obvious in its intention
… & that is precisely why I believe he is already in love with Kastur...

Would love LOLto hear your thoughts…I am sure there are a lot of naysayers to this post!!!WinkBig smile

Edited by Nandalala - 02 December 2011 at 10:46pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

skamanihina91angel97-Nakshatra-anitaraniDarine1980IndigoBluesKhatamKahanipyar-ishk_Bidzie_

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why is it love?" in Dharampatni forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Soaps1

IF-Stunnerz

Soaps1

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
Good post

Ummm but he did defend her infront of his mother before too didn't he? When he went and spoke to her telling her it is not kastur's fault? He defended her even then. Last time he did not do it there and then because entire family was around when he saw saroj taunting her, this time it were only saroj, kastur and him and he saw her scolding kastur, hence he defended her there and then. Infact if you see both scenes the way he defended was quite similar ... there he said kastur ki koi ghalti nahi ... here he said uss sach mey lagi hey. As for the terrace scene there saroj had told the truth to kastur, there was no need of defending there ... so when she came to room he just told her that i knew this already but did not tell you as i did not want to hear you and the way you handle thing i have trust that you would be able to handle her. Saroj destroyed kastur's rangoli more because of baapji than kastur herself and what mohan over heard was saroj telling her why she did it, speaking the truth so there it was more about consoling kastur than going and telling saroj she is wrong.

As for thank you i will go back and rewatch when time permits and get back to you ... may be in my excitement to update in edt, i missed something in those expressions. I felt it was gratitude and him taknig care of her and standing up for her can be related to that gratitude as well.

I know there is a change now and not denying it, earlier kastur was an obligation now she is a friend too and he has surely softened up more  ... about love i won't say its there or not, probably it is but i am still totally confused LOL  Its probably there but it will take him a lot of time to realize its love because i feel mohan does not know what love is and hence it will take time for him to come to terms with the fact that he has fallen for her.

And i don't believe physical attraction is what love is based on but once you fall in love or are falling in love, i do think physical attraction has to come in ... which i don't see any where yet. (Yes yes her sarees or whatever SleepyLOL)

But i still don't get why CVs skipped through the part of their relationship developing and reaching this point, makes no sense to me. Him saying thank you to her or putting a bandage on her or the site scene (which was ridiculous) does not make you feel the impact of change. the one you would have felt if you had seen that relation grow. If they had shown it, viewers would realte to it more.

Edited by Soaps1 - 02 December 2011 at 7:36pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nandalala-Nakshatra-

sam123_0

IF-Rockerz

sam123_0

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 7:44pm | IP Logged
Ok havent read the loonngg posts yetEmbarrassed Busy right now... will get back to this topic later... but I just saw something which was credited to me so wanted to pointed out that "I think I love you" credit goes to Nads not me LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nandalala

Nandalala

IF-Rockerz

Nandalala

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 7:49pm | IP Logged
Yep he did defend her before the rangoli incident. And his justification for not supporting her during the rangoli incident was that she would have to learn to handle his mother...Taking it one more instance further, true to his word, he did not defend her after his night out drinking...he let her take the blame...So why now? So what if she was injured? The net toll on Kastur's emotions would be the same in all instances, right?

And I agree that the process of falling in love will continue and grow in its scope & magnitude...but at least it's begun...

Edited by Nandalala - 02 December 2011 at 8:36pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

KhatamKahani

Nandalala

IF-Rockerz

Nandalala

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sam123_0

Ok havent read the loonngg posts yetEmbarrassedBusy right now... will get back to this topic later... but I just saw something which was credited to me so wanted to pointed out that "I think I love you" credit goes to Nads not me LOL

Thank you for clarifying Big smile...I will correct that error immediately...& yes, it's my longest thread to date in any forum Embarrassed Embarrassed

_Bidzie_

IF-Stunnerz

_Bidzie_

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
OMG Anjali .. what a post LOL

Coming to it, I feel that MohUr's relationship is beyond friendship but it hasn't reached love yet. In short, it's on the way to love. Feelings are slowly beginning to develop without realization. But I'd still stick to the fact that it's not completely love.

Mohan's behaviour for Kastur has changed, like the examples you mentioned, but it may also because he has started considering her as someone very close, very own, the one you feel to have right on and a partner to share happiness. But the love feeling is still not there, I guess.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

NandalalaanitaraniDarine1980KhatamKahani

Soaps1

IF-Stunnerz

Soaps1

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nandalala

Yep he did defend her before the rangoli incident. And hits justification for not supporting her during the. rangoli incident was that she would have to learn to handle his mother...Taking it one more instance further, true to his word, he did not defend her after his night out drinking...he let her take the blame...So why now? So what if she was injured? The net toll on Kastur's emotions would be the same in all instances, right?

And I agree that the process of falling in love will continue and grow in its scope & magnitude...but at least it's begun...

Him saying "she would have to learn to handle his mother" is not the same as him having confidence that she can deal with her and the case was later. As for drinking scene he was drunk and I feel he only left after a reassurance from kastur not before that. And if he had not cares for kastur's emotions why would he apologize to her after she came into the room? The fact that he apologized even in that state again proves that he did care for her feelings even then. I feel he could not or did not want to argue with her mother in that state but even then he left only after reassurance from kastur ... that hand shot was pretty symbolic to me.

And i don't disagree with the fact that the process has begun, he probably feels something more for her now but is that more love or something else, i just can't be sure but this is what will lead to love eventually thats for sure  ... but mohan wanting to defend kastur or get her out of fix is not something new ... when baapji scolded her over lunch thing, even though he did not stand up or defend her ... he did try and bring her out of the situation, to me he has never liked Kastur being scolded or blamed since day one.

Edited by Soaps1 - 02 December 2011 at 8:14pm

anitaraniKhatamKahani

-Nakshatra-

IF-Rockerz

-Nakshatra-

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nandalala

We all agree that there is now a 'new' degree of comfort,
understanding and respect between Kastur & Mohan. While the CVs have not shed any light on how this change
occurred, the last two episodes have given us numerous indications of this
phase in their relationship. Based on what has been shown, there are a handful of us
on the forum who think Mohan has actually fallen in love with Kastur. 'How
is that possible?
' and 'No, it is still friendship' is a
counter question & comment I have read in many threads. In fact, prior to the mini-leap in the
show, I myself had said in one of the threads that it will be a long time
before Mohan even comes to an 'I think I love you' (quoting Soaps hereSmile) point. So what has changed now?

I was going to post a long thread about stages of love, and
why Mohan seems to have moved on from friendship to something deeper'I nixed it
because I didn't want a snooze fest; instead I'll just give two poignant examples
from the show to illustrate how his feelings have evolved:

A tale of two thank yous: Mohan has shown his gratitude to Kastur numerous times On
the November 30th episode, he expressed a very warm, and sincere
thank you to his wife for her help at the site'the kind you would say to a
friend; I still thought this had a very affectionate quality to it we had not
seen before, but it was more 'friendly' than anything else'On December 1st
came another thank you'a 'thanks'' one with a je ne sais quoi quality to it . Mohan caught Kastur in a private moment to specifically say
'thanks' to her when everyone else had left the room'he lingered for a few
moments after he said it'the smile on his face was shy, but with a hint of
flirtation, of intimacy; his eyes hovered on her'what was that?

Okay, moving on to exhibit number two:

Playing the defender: You guys may remember when Mohan told Kastur he knew his
mother disliked her & that if his mother found fault with her, it was his
mother's problem, & not Kastur's.
On the basis of that statement, he did not feel the need to defend Kastur's
feelings to Saroj or get upset at his mother for destroying his wife's rangoli.
In his mind, it was Kastur's issue and she
would have to deal with it the way she thought fit. Why then did
Mohan feel compelled to stand up for Kastur when it came to his mother taunting
her about her injury?   
Kastur's feelings would be hurt in both instances, right? Why did it matter more now? Moreover, in
the last scene in the December 1 episode, he wanted Saroj to understand that Kastur
respected her as much as he
did'why? What did that
matter? Particular when he knew his even talking about Kastur would fall on
deaf ears?

The examples I have chosen to illustrate show two sides of
the same coin: love. The first example shows the physical change in Mohan's emotions: he
is slowly but surely outwardly expressing how he feels towards Kastur. The second example is more important in
my opinion because it shows the sea change in the emotional quotient.
Now, it is no longer about understanding
Kastur: he respects her, her intentions, her good will. He sees her as an ally, a friend, a
partner, a confidante and there is pride in his eyes for her--all things that
are part and parcel of a 'close' friendship. But
the fact that he is involving himself between his wife & mother speaks
volumes. If he didn't have
feelings for Kastur, why defend her to Saroj of all people, and why now?

Mohan shows true love as only he can-- Itis subtle in its depiction,
but it is obvious in its intention
' & that is precisely why I
believe he is already in love with Kastur...

Would love LOLto hear
your thoughts'I am sure there are a lot of naysayers to this post!!!WinkBig smile

OMG!!!!!
That's one hell of an explanation..
Thanks for sharing your insight... you know i have been waiting for it...

NandalalaKhatamKahani

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.