TOI: Theres no room for emotions-Aruna

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 6:28pm | IP Logged

THERES NO ROOM FOR EMOTIONS TODAY 

Says veteran actress Aruna Irani in an exclusive chat with Ahmedabad Times 

Shruti Jambhekar 

Its hard to forget how actor Aruna Irani had lit up the silver screen with her supple figure in the number Chadhti Jawani in the movie Caravan.The veteran actress surprises you as she greets you clad in a white saree with golden border,which she carries with elan.Hers is a story that everyone likes to listen to.Having been part of the glam world for over five decades now,the actress never went missing from reel world.One would always see the actor donning the greasepaint to essay myriad roles be it in a supporting character or as a negative character.Her charm cannot be overlooked.Sporting a never fading smile,the actress steps into the room and the first thing she shares as we get chatty is,I was a frequent visitor to Ahmedabad.Though this time,Im here after five long years and the change I see is so significant and for good.I must say,chief minister Narendra Modi has put in tremendous efforts in giving a makeover to this city.It looks more beautiful now. About the city,she says,Ahmedabad always feels like my own world a place Ive been visiting for shooting films or performing plays. The actress was in town for promotion of her current show Dekha 
Ek Khwaab where she plays the role of 
Rajmaata.About her role,she says,Im playing the role of a woman who is balanced.She is emotionally attached to her family,but strong when it comes to taking administrative decisions. 
Irani has been part of small screen for a long time now.Apart from acting stints,she produced-directed shows like Mehendi Tere Naam Ki,Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chaand,Vaidehi Ek Aur Agneepariksha.Quiz her on why a five year hiatus after a successful stint on the small screen and she says,I was observing the changing trends in the small screen,all these years.But Im all game for producing and directing a show if I come across an interesting storyline. The actress has two shows in the pipeline in 2012 as a producer,which eventually she will be handing over to Kuku Kohli,to be able to focus on acting.
Probe her on the change she has witnessed in the industry over the years and she says,Everything has changed.Too much technology has only led things to being viewed from practical aspects.Emotions have faded away in tinsel town.Everyone is simply thinking about ones self no one is bothered about relationships,let alone ones siblings. 
The actress,who did Gujarati films,feels sad about the downward trend in G-Town.As she puts it,One segment of the audience wants to watch Gujarati films with rural backdrop and the other craves for a modern story telling.Even producing a Gujarati film comes with the onus of breaking the barrier of an inscrutable distribution channel.Though,I hear good times are rolling in,certain issues pertain. 
When asked which was the project close to her heart,she shares,I loved making all my TV shows and about films,its for the audience to decide.Though sometimes,some roles get much appreciation like my role in the movie Sanjog (with Jeetendra) where I played a supporting character who talks with a Gujarati accent.It was loved by the audience. On this note,she signs off as she poses for the camera.

Aruna Irani 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

adventure_gurl

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index