Posted: 12 years ago

Please send me a Buddy Request if you want future PMs for my work although I only send out PMs once a week (Sunday evenings) with links to all the work i've updated during the week. If you want to know about the updates faster than that then you should check in with my INDEX regularly.

I retain sole ownership of all these works of fiction so please do not reproduce or alter my work and claim it as your own. Read all my other work at my INDEX

Tears of Happiness

'What are you doing? Why did you leave?'

Khushi stiffened at the sound of his voice behind her and gripped the counter, trying to stop herself running straight into his arms. Experience had taught her that she would find no reciprocity there.

'Khushi? Are you crying? I thought this was what we wanted?'

Khushi nodded as she tried to swallow down her tears.

'Then why are you crying?' Arnav watched her in confusion. He'd been expecting her to jump in joy and excitement at Nani's announcement but instead he'd seen her face fall in despair before she left the room in a hurry.

'Tears of happiness.'

'Khushi, don't lie to me!'

Khushi turned around to face him plastering a smile on her face, 'of course they are. I'm Khushi and these are my tears. Tears of happiness! See?'

Arnav continued to regard her sceptically and he folded his arms together waiting for a proper answer.

'It was a joke,' Khushi mumbled as she began to walk past him to the door.

'Khushi, stop.' Arnav reached out and held onto her arm, 'tell me what's wrong.'

'Nothing's wrong? What could be wrong? Jiji and Akashji are engaged. Everything's great. First you and Lavanyaji will get married, then Akashji and Jiji and then... me.' Khushi's voice began to break and she stopped talking as she felt the tears begin to fall down her face again.

Arnav didn't know what to say. In all the drama of getting Mami to agree he hadn't even realised that if Akash and Payal got married it meant that Khushi could get married too. The overwhelming feeling of helplessness he'd felt when Khushi had told him about her engagement came crashing back and his hold on Khushi slackened.

Arnav stood in silence as Khushi pulled her arm free and left the kitchen. He stayed there for a while ignoring the sounds of merriment outside until he began to smirk as he realised that Akash and Payal could only get married once he got married.

Maybe the situation wasn't so hopeless after all.

Edited by nayika - 12 years ago
Nice one Shuheda!
Beautifully written.
I love how realisation strikes Arnav at the end!
⭐️
Edited by FebruaryFlower - 12 years ago
Originally posted by FebruaryFlower

Nice one Shuheda!
Beautifully written.
I love how realisation strikes Arnav at the end!
⭐️

Thank you so much! I hope Khushi at least realises that by encouraging Payal and Akash all she's doing is clearing the path for her own marriage to Shyam.
i'm certainly not able to predict whats happening! its like fair is foul and foul is fair!! khushi i happy for payal but that does mean she just brought shyam one step closer to marriage to her!
haha.. i love the end with Arnav very, pleace continue soon :-))
Nice OS. Love what Arnav is thinking at the end.
Originally posted by AmishiE

haha.. i love the end with Arnav very, pleace continue soon :-))

Originally posted by Dreamy_Mystique

nice one..add me in

Originally posted by ROOHI2009

very nice, as always! 😃

Originally posted by desisweetheart9

Nice OS. Love what Arnav is thinking at the end.

Thank you everyone! :D
Originally posted by areeba_blossom

i'm certainly not able to predict whats happening! its like fair is foul and foul is fair!! khushi i happy for payal but that does mean she just brought shyam one step closer to marriage to her!

Same here, it's really unpredictable sometimes but seriously Khushi needs to get a clue. How many other hints does she need to figure out the truth about Shyam?
Awww, this was so cute Nayika! (:

Arnav's realization is definitely needed as of now, I hope this whole Payal-Akash fiasco puts some sense into Arnav and Khushi's brains. Haha, its about time they both realize that they can't live without each other. 

Great story! (:

--Garima
Lovely thought totally loved it😊