I Promise...by PixieDust91

PixieDust91 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hey guys! I'm back! I took my exams early coz i couldn't wait till April. I'm currently writing a new fanfic titled I Promise. It was part of a ficlet challenge. Its like 65% HHr, 20% DHr, and 15% DG. Here's chapter one.

Chapter One

A very pregnant Hermione Potter anxiously roamed around the formal living

room glancing back at the large mahogany main door every few minutes. She sat down

in a capacious armchair Harry had bought her when he found out she was pregnant with James, and massaged her temples in worry as a tear came rolling down her left cheek. "Why?" she whispered, "Why didn't he tell me?" More tears from her red eyes and rolled down her cheeks and she began to sob quietly hoping not to wake up her three-year-old son James who was sleeping on a couch across from Hermione. She could hear him breathing quietly and mumble something in his sleep about the Quidditch World Cup. Hermione tried to suppressed to her sobs so James wouldn't wake up, but she failed. The very next second, James opened his bright green eyes and moved his jet-black hair out of his almond shaped eyes.

"Mommy?" James asked in a sweet and concerned voice for a child his age coming towards his mother. "Where's daddy? He said he'd teach me how to catch a snitch, but I didn't see him all day today!" Hermione took a deep breath and calmly answered back.

"He's gone out to do some daddy business with Uncle Draco. He'll be back in the morning and I promise he'll play with you" She tried to hide the tears from bursting out again, but failed once more.

"Okay" James said innocently and starting trudging back to his blanket and stuffed hippogriff. Just then, the telephone started to ring.

"H-Hello?" Hermione asked with a ray of hope it was her Harry.

"Hermione, there's something I need to tell you," a male voice muttered softly. Hermione's heart skipped a beat and immediately dropped the receiver from her shuddering pale hands.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mango thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

👏great job

uncle draco😕 dunt tell me that now they are frends😆

so wats the little something that the guy tells hermy??

PixieDust91 thumbnail
thanx. ur questions will be answered in the next two chapters. until then...SUSPENSE!😆
mango thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

are yaar i hate suspense

chalo mere kaan mein bata do promise main kisi ko nahi bataongi

-misha thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wow! nice one 👏 👏 👏
but i hate suspense too 😭
Who-I-Used-2-Be thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
👏 cool........ nd i love suspense........😉
mumbai_masti thumbnail

Originally posted by: misha

wow! nice one 👏 👏 👏
but i hate suspense too 😭

have u read it properly???

it says Hermione Potter.............

BTW : good one.........👏👏
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Wow Hermione is married to Harry and their child's name is James and Draco and Harry are friends .Pixie Please post chps 2 and 3 soon .Cant wait
DeepAnBH thumbnail
I am also anxioulsy waiting for chapters 2 and 3
PixieDust91 thumbnail

thanx guys. here's chapter 2. i'm revising chapter three and it should be up tomorrow.

Chapter Two

Flashback

"Harry!" Hermione giggled as she curled her finger around the receiver wire, "If it's a boy, its going to be Alexander Remus Potter, not Harry Junior."

"Fine, but if it's a girl her name's Elizabeth Lily Potter!" Harry replied as he walked out of his office at the Auror Headquarters.

"Okay. When are you coming home? You said you'll be here half an hour ago!"

"Mione, you know I have a lot of work to do here. I think we've tracked down Voldemort. They've been spotted near the Forbidden Forest. It's been reported that a redhead girl was with them. (AN: guess who?)" He trailed off. Before he knew it he was in the car heading off to Hogsmeade, where Hermione didn't want him to be.

"Harry, promise me you won't go to Hogsmeade chasing after Voldemort! Harry! Harry!" There was no answer from the other end. He didn't want to go there, but he had to. He needed to get rid of Voldemort before his child came into the world.

End Flashback

She fluttered her eyes open but all she saw was white. She tilted her head to the left and saw a small wooden white-painted cradle with a baby girl with beautiful bushy brown hair and bright green almond shaped eyes and she was beating her arms and legs against the air. A tear rolled out of her eye and she exhaled heavily and started to sob quietly. Still all she saw was white ceilings, white walls, and her son, James Sirius Potter on a small white couch in the lap of Lavender Weasley, Ron's wife who was now one month pregnant. Lavender stopped stroking through James' hair and quietly said, "Hermione, are you okay. Look, you have a little daughter. She's just like you…Hermione." Lavender took a deep breath and softly whispered "Look, Hermione… I know what your thinking about. Harry. Draco called you to say Harry went in the forest looking for…You-Know-Who!"

"That Draco Malfoy! He didn't change at all! How could Harry forget all he's done! I never trusted him! He's still that same bas…" Hermione was cut off by James' innocent stare with water in his eyes. He looked up to Draco and couldn't imagine his mother saying bad things about him.

"Look Hermione, I know your upset, but don't worry. Nothing's going to happen. Harry escaped Voldemort many times before and he'll do it again. Hermione, it's okay. Don't get upset." Lavender tried to calm Hermione down by saying more comforting things to her and getting off the subject of Draco.

Back in their seventh year, Draco and Ginny fell in love. This upset all the Weasleys so Arthur kicked her out of the Burrow. Until she got out of school, Ginny lived with Hermione. The next thing Ginny did made them even angrier. She married Draco when she got out of school and was expecting a child.

"Lavender, do you think Harry's okay?" Hermione asked barely in a whisper so James wouldn't notice.

"I don't know. But I don know that he's alive. Voldemort can't beat him. If he could, Harry would've been dead when he was a child."

"I guess your right Lavender" Hermione responded as she picked up her newborn baby girl from the cradle.

"What are you going to name her?" Lavender asked.

"Elizabeth Lily Potter, that's what Harry wants."

Edited by PixieDust91 - 19 years ago