IF-Rockerz

anodaksgfan

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
barun is punjabi!!!!
yayyy!!
me tooo!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

preetijaiswal19shilparoxx

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Where are Sobtis from? (Page 2)" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

moodie.foodie

IF-Rockerz

moodie.foodie

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescent

Sobti is a punjabi surname. 

Sanaya is parsi. Parsi's are originallly from Iran.

Just because someone is an Indian it doesn't necessarily mean they are fluent in Hindi as different languages are spoken all over India. 

She is from Mumbai so she probably she knew basic Hindi but she wasn't fluent in it. 

When someone becomes a hindi serial /movie actor it is necessary to be  fluent in  Hindi with proper diction and all.

If you watch early episodes of MJHT you will notice her HIndi wasn't as good as it now. She didn't seem as comfortable. Her Hindi has improved a lot now and IMO she has one of the best diction in the industry. Her dialogue delivery is awesome. 

True, Sanaya hails from Mumbai...but from wot i re-collect of her old i/vs - she studied in a boarding school where hindi wasnt mandatory...and her family converses in english...so thats why she dinno hindi...

@red - DITTO that! her diction has improved massively...during mjht and now in ipk, wherein she has all those heavy duty hindi words...and she speaks them all wid such ease...its very impressive! 

aanu23

Goldie

aanu23

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
I had guessed barun is punjabi bcoz of his weakness for food ;)... Sanaya is Zoroastrian .. She mentioned in some interview

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shilparoxx

nitashaj83

nitashaj83

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
Barun has punjabi background and I think hes sikh..cuz he grew beard during his wedding time...its part of the customs in Sikh culture. I have heard him speaking Punjabi..and we punjabi love FOOODDDLOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chithusakkiJuicee_Sushie-CuteDarling-

incandescent

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescent

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 3:47pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by DiehardBarunFan

But Sanaya has an indian accent so I am pretty sure she must have knew basic Hindi otherwise how does she have that accent ??Ppl only tend to speak english in that way when they speak hindi .But her diction and voice modulation in IPK is just superb..

Well she probably speaks with an Indian accent because she's Indian. Wink

I have been a Sanaya fan for a very long time so I know quite a bit about her. I first saw her in an ad or a music video and I liked her ever since. She wasn't even an actress back then. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

areeba_blossom

Frigate

IF-Dazzler

Frigate

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
Thank you all, for clearing that up Smile

.lostatsea.

IF-Stunnerz

.lostatsea.

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
Ive heard about Barun being Punjabi buh seeing Sanaya now u really cant tell she didnt really know hindi...

chowna

Goldie

chowna

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 4:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiehardBarunFan

Barun is a sodda punjabi munda !! Wink
Sanaya is Parsi i heard about that ..But whats her religion then ??Anyone any idea.??.

Sanaya is a parsi  -religion is Zoroastrian  - they are a small community mostly living in and arounf Mumbai and gujrat and delhi

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.