Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Where are Sobtis from?

Frigate thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Just curious...

I know that Barun is from Delhi, but where is the last name Sobti from? Is it punjabi?

Also, Sanaya had mentioned in one of her interviews that she had to learn hindi when she started in the industry, so where is she from?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shaam91 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
sobti is a punjabi surname..:)

i think sanaya is a parsi..i think im not sure..:)..she had to learn the up version of hindi im guessing..hindi aati hogi but a polised mumbai version..khushi is frm lucknow..all that 'hum' thing..so that must have taken work..i guess..
Frigate thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: shaam91

sobti is a punjabi surname..:)

i think sanaya is a parsi..i think im not sure..:)..she had to learn the up version of hindi im guessing..hindi aati hogi but a polised mumbai version..khushi is frm lucknow..all that 'hum' thing..so that must have taken work..i guess..

Thank you! 

I thought the last name Irani was Sindhi, no?
Ipkknd-ki-fan1 thumbnail
Aye hah barun punjabi ha ga!
sushi-la thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i know sobti is punjabi for sure...im pretty sure irani is Persian
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Sobti is a punjabi surname. 

Sanaya is parsi. Parsi's are originallly from Iran.

Just because someone is an Indian it doesn't necessarily mean they are fluent in Hindi as different languages are spoken all over India. 

She is from Mumbai so she probably she knew basic Hindi but she wasn't fluent in it. 

When someone becomes a hindi serial /movie actor it is necessary to be  fluent in  Hindi with proper diction and all.

If you watch early episodes of MJHT you will notice her HIndi wasn't as good as it now. She didn't seem as comfortable. Her Hindi has improved a lot now and IMO she has one of the best diction in the industry. Her dialogue delivery is awesome. 

Edited by incandescent - 12 years ago
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: DiehardBarunFan

Barun is a sodda punjabi munda !! 😉

Sanaya is Parsi i heard about that ..But whats her religion then ??Anyone any idea.??.

Zoroastrianism 

anodaksgfan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
barun is punjabi!!!!
yayyy!!
me tooo!!
moodie.foodie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: incandescent

Sobti is a punjabi surname. 

Sanaya is parsi. Parsi's are originallly from Iran.

Just because someone is an Indian it doesn't necessarily mean they are fluent in Hindi as different languages are spoken all over India. 

She is from Mumbai so she probably she knew basic Hindi but she wasn't fluent in it. 

When someone becomes a hindi serial /movie actor it is necessary to be  fluent in  Hindi with proper diction and all.

If you watch early episodes of MJHT you will notice her HIndi wasn't as good as it now. She didn't seem as comfortable. Her Hindi has improved a lot now and IMO she has one of the best diction in the industry. Her dialogue delivery is awesome. 

True, Sanaya hails from Mumbai...but from wot i re-collect of her old i/vs - she studied in a boarding school where hindi wasnt mandatory...and her family converses in english...so thats why she dinno hindi...

@red - DITTO that! her diction has improved massively...during mjht and now in ipk, wherein she has all those heavy duty hindi words...and she speaks them all wid such ease...its very impressive! 
aanu23 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I had guessed barun is punjabi bcoz of his weakness for food ;)... Sanaya is Zoroastrian .. She mentioned in some interview