Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

vidi263

Groupbie

vidi263

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Hi friends,

This is not a topic related to the current ongoings but I just felt this was a good opportunity to express what I have been thinking about for a while now...

I know that KTLK is an adaptation of Dhoop Kinare and I am not going to compare the two. In fact after I saw promos of KTLK and learnt that it is based on DK I caught up DK on you tube and got addicted to it. I liked the concept and the execution.

That is why when I started watching KTLK and saw that there are many things different from DK I was a little uncomfortable with the change. I did not like that there were many hurdles like considering the age difference too seriously and being practical about it, getting another marriage proposal for Nidhi, baba warning Nidhi against taking any decision which may affect the family bondings etc.

But when I thought about it more carefully I realized that that was indeed the way to go...It is very natural for any friend to advise her friend against getting into a relationship with a much older man, very normal for family to start looking for a groom for a grown up girl. This is waht happens in current day and age. Inspite of everything I could not help comparing it to DK which occured at a much more conservative time and society. It would be stupid to expect Nidhi's friends and family to be ok with her relationship to a man who is almost double her age. So in future when everything is hunky dory between Dr. A and Nidhi I would not be surprised to see the family opposing or not being happy about it. I know that it is not going to happen, probably because it is not in the story line but even if they show it, it wouldn't be completely out of place...

What say???

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

wizardofozjustpratishaz2009SriBrabzonedgeChillMaarYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why KTLK is more realistic?" in Kuch Toh Log Kehenge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rabzonedge

IF-Sizzlerz

rabzonedge

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 11:05am | IP Logged
nice post..yes i agree..its quite normal to face opposition from frend n family..but nidhi's baba z very understandng..he ll not oppse her...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vidi263SriB

Rajinilicious

IF-Stunnerz

Rajinilicious

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 11:13am | IP Logged
nice postSmile

vidi263SriB

vidi263

Groupbie

vidi263

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rabzonedge

nice post..yes i agree..its quite normal to face opposition from frend n family..but nidhi's baba z very understandng..he ll not oppse her...
That's what I feel too...That's what I found very odd in DK...no one seemed to acknowledge the fact the the guy was so much older than the girl...

rajh

IF-Sizzlerz

rajh

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vidi263

Hi friends,

This is not a topic related to the current ongoings but I just felt this was a good opportunity to express what I have been thinking about for a while now...

I know that KTLK is an adaptation of Dhoop Kinare and I am not going to compare the two. In fact after I saw promos of KTLK and learnt that it is based on DK I caught up DK on you tube and got addicted to it. I liked the concept and the execution.

That is why when I started watching KTLK and saw that there are many things different from DK I was a little uncomfortable with the change. I did not like that there were many hurdles like considering the age difference too seriously and being practical about it, getting another marriage proposal for Nidhi, baba warning Nidhi against taking any decision which may affect the family bondings etc.

But when I thought about it more carefully I realized that that was indeed the way to go...It is very natural for any friend to advise her friend against getting into a relationship with a much older man, very normal for family to start looking for a groom for a grown up girl. This is waht happens in current day and age. Inspite of everything I could not help comparing it to DK which occured at a much more conservative time and society. It would be stupid to expect Nidhi's friends and family to be ok with her relationship to a man who is almost double her age. So in future when everything is hunky dory between Dr. A and Nidhi I would not be surprised to see the family opposing or not being happy about it. I know that it is not going to happen, probably because it is not in the story line but even if they show it, it wouldn't be completely out of place...

What say???

now a days age difference dose not matter.

do you see love between saif ali khan and kareena kapoor??

log kuch nahin keh rahe hai.

now a days no body cares for what others do .
who has got time to gossip about others??

vidi263justprati

LizzieBennett

Goldie

LizzieBennett

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Well yes, you've made a valid point. I would have to agree. But really speaking Nidhi has only her baba to think about (I'm disregarding DB) and Ashu has no one but himself... Nidhi's dad might come around with some convincing (think 'Cheeni Kum") ; Anji had already kind of accepted it, she only raised the point of compatibility etc when the whole thing turned around and hit Nidhi in the face! She was obviously hurting for her friend and that made her say things she probably didn't mean.

But that said and done, I do agree with your point.. its probably not going to be smooth sailing for AshNi.. but then we won't get to see all that.. the path to their getting together is the stuff for dreams.. and I'm just gonna enjoy that, baby and try and not analyse and see too much logic in it...
Love you, Dr A!!!Hug

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vidi263Princess2012justpratiSriBChillMaarYaar

justprati

Goldie

justprati

Posted: 02 December 2011 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
yep very well said...as we think abt our society n our own surroundings then its quite realistic...infact, i dnt feel they r overdoing it at all as d title itself justifies d act "kuch toh log kahenge" so ppl r bound to oppose or talk loads abt it

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vidi263SriBChillMaarYaar

bhavik1984

Groupbie

bhavik1984

Posted: 03 December 2011 at 12:11am | IP Logged
believe or not still in India yes in 2012 there will be more than 80% people who cannot accept that age difference practically 18+ is huge difference  you have to let go many thing for that relationship but true love can do that no infatuation 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vidi263justpratiSriBChillMaarYaar

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.