swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
Hi guys! I'm Swetha!

This is my first thread in this forum. the main purpose to open this thread is to know few things.

1. how close are u with ur parents? πŸ˜Š

2. how well do u share ur feelings with ur parents (or with whom do u share ur mom / dad most)? πŸ˜‰

3. do u like their involvment in ur matters? (Not sure whether it is a relevant question) {and i know most of u don't like their involvment}. πŸ˜†

u can share anything else which i may have missed? πŸ˜Š

Let me start first answering to those questions 

Coming to me: 

1. yes iam very close to my parents. infact we are more friends than parents and daugter. 

2. there is nothing like any secrets which i didn't share with them. 
mostly i share with my mom. if i m not mistaken most of the girls share with their mom's. i'm i ri8? 
all career related and other activites related i used to share with my dad. 

3. regarding this question all i can say is when ever serious matters of simple ones i used to share with them and ask their opinion. and mostly it will be with my mom. 

Swetha
Edited by vss08 - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RosyRosh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: vss08

Hi guys! I'm Swetha!

This is my first thread in this forum. the main purpose to open this thread is to know few things.

Im pretty close to my folks

2. how well do u share ur feelings with ur parents (or with whom do u share ur mom / dad most)? πŸ˜‰
I share pretty much everything wih my mom.. i mean.. i dont share details or if Im seeing a guy .. i wouldnt tell her that.. i dont tell her whats happening btw me and my friends or at school.. i tell her my feelingss. I share like If im upset because of something btw me and my friends..ill just tell her im upset because of something that happened btw me and my friends.. not details though.. I share feelings, thoughts, stuff like that.. and general stuff..
With my dad.. its a LOT less than that.. just school, career, etcc.. no feelings or anything..

but Im still close to themm i think ..

3. do u like their involvment in ur matters? (Not sure whether it is a relevant question) {and i know most of u don't like their involvment}. πŸ˜†

NOT really.. i mean personal stuff no. but if its school related than yess.. and career related MAYBE.. haha.. if they agree with me πŸ˜† I like their advice and feeback.. i dont like their telling me to do something.. i rather them, give me their advice and leave decisions up to me.

u can share anything else which i may have missed? πŸ˜Š

Let me start first answering to those questions 

Coming to me: 

1. yes iam very close to my parents. infact we are more friends than parents and daugter. 

2. there is nothing like any secrets which i didn't share with them. 
mostly i share with my mom. if i m not mistaken most of the girls share with their mom's. i'm i ri8? 
all career related and other activites related i used to share with my dad. 

3. regarding this question all i can say is when ever serious matters of simple ones i used to share with them and ask their opinion. and mostly it will be with my mom. 

Swetha

swethasyam08 thumbnail
@xtaurus429x

well thats good to know. thanks for posting ur views.

Swetha
Edited by vss08 - 12 years ago
Prinsesse.Suvi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
LOL If you ask my friends, I'm completely a different person around my parents. I'm sensible, innocent, and the perfect (well, I try to be, most of the times) little daughter. 
And no, I don't share my personal stuff with them, and I don't like it when they ask me too many questions, about anything, unless its quite general, like when the next school report will come outπŸ˜†
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Nice topic.. reserved !!

Edited..

1. Well I am pretty close to my parents.. They are more like my friends 😳 Specially Mamma 😳

2. Yeah generally I dont hide anything from them😊 Dont like to hide stuffs even if it's abt falling in love with someone πŸ˜› And I can tell them everything becuz I know they will understand.. So basically it's becuz of them that I have the confidence in them to confide everything 😳 Share everything with my mom.. With dad it's more like political arguments, job related issues, or practical stuffs 😳 Emotional and personal life discussion - only with mom 😳 Even though my mom dad keep fighting over the issue that I am closer to whom πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

But yeah, recently, have stopped telling them my problems in new city.. They tend to get tensed over small small issues and worry a lot.. Considering their health problems, I dont share the difficulties I face here 😊 For those things, I take my friends' advice.. I have got AMAZING parents and friends both *touchwood*😳😳

3. I definitely dont like interference πŸ˜† And luckily, they dont do much 😳 Even though I have nothing personal which they donno, but too many questions or interrogations regarding any incident pisses me off specially when there IS actually some problem and I tel them that there is not πŸ˜† Feel like they will catch me πŸ˜†

These days imma shouting a lot at my mom for her over-interference and too many questions πŸ˜’ I know it's wrong, paavam she is, doesnt have anyone with her to share her feelings except me, bt sometimes i tend to forget πŸ˜’ Later on I say sorry to her πŸ˜’πŸ˜’Edited by prerna4rishav - 12 years ago
Dimdim thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Shweta nice topic. Will reply only after hearing from other kids.

And I belong to the other side...Am a parent.
Edited by KripaRajput - 12 years ago
romiosugar1 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
WOW...finally, I got to see an interesting topic here πŸ‘πŸΌ Thank you Swetha for coming up with nice topic. My answers are coming up soon πŸ˜‰

Already read few fellow members answers and they worth reading πŸ˜ƒ

Edited😳

I am very very very close to my mom as she is my best buddy. She knows every little thing about me and so do I. However, I never got a chance to get close to dad though

Like I said, I am way way too comfortable with my mom as she is more like a friend to me. I have shared every little thing about me though I have been living away from her since at the age of 16 😭😭, but my bonding with her has not gotten disconnected. I guess, our bonding tightened stronger ever since we started living separatelyπŸ˜ƒ I shared and still share everything like how many guys proposed me in high school and who I was/am dating with...lol though I am a married girl now (just got married on JulyπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜†). In short, my mom is more like friend and sister than mother mother. Even my relatives call us sisters and unknown people think we are sisters as my mom still looks young
😎 *ps: she had me when she was 17 years old*

I used to get irritated but not anymore. I like to seek my mom's opinion on whatever I do. She still irritates me  sometime though because she keeps asking me whether i ate lunch on time or not...blah blah πŸ˜‘πŸ˜† But all is good as I can easily lie her these days πŸ˜†

Edited by -Sabz- - 12 years ago
swethasyam08 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Suvi7884

LOL If you ask my friends, I'm completely a different person around my parents. I'm sensible, innocent, and the perfect (well, I try to be, most of the times) little daughter. 

And no, I don't share my personal stuff with them, and I don't like it when they ask me too many questions, about anything, unless its quite general, like when the next school report will come outπŸ˜†

Suvi! thanks for sharing ur views.

@Blue bold: well liked the way u have expressed it πŸ˜†

@Red Bold: i heard this from many relatives as well as friends too. so now it is clearly a common thing. πŸ˜›

Swetha
swethasyam08 thumbnail
Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Nice topic.. reserved !!

Edited..

1. Well I am pretty close to my parents.. They are more like my friends 😳 Specially Mamma 😳

2. Yeah generally I dont hide anything from them😊 Dont like to hide stuffs even if it's abt falling in love with someone πŸ˜› And I can tell them everything becuz I know they will understand.. So basically it's becuz of them that I have the confidence in them to confide everything 😳 Share everything with my mom.. With dad it's more like political arguments, job related issues, or practical stuffs 😳 Emotional and personal life discussion - only with mom 😳 Even though my mom dad keep fighting over the issue that I am closer to whom πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

But yeah, recently, have stopped telling them my problems in new city.. They tend to get tensed over small small issues and worry a lot.. Considering their health problems, I dont share the difficulties I face here 😊 For those things, I take my friends' advice.. I have got AMAZING parents and friends both *touchwood*😳😳

3. I definitely dont like interference πŸ˜† And luckily, they dont do much 😳 Even though I have nothing personal which they donno, but too many questions or interrogations regarding any incident pisses me off specially when there IS actually some problem and I tel them that there is not πŸ˜† Feel like they will catch me πŸ˜†

These days imma shouting a lot at my mom for her over-interference and too many questions πŸ˜’ I know it's wrong, paavam she is, doesnt have anyone with her to share her feelings except me, bt sometimes i tend to forget πŸ˜’ Later on I say sorry to her πŸ˜’πŸ˜’

hey nice to c ur opinions.

the idea of not sharing ur small issues with ur parents is really good one. 

and shouting and all: i hope i can suggest only one thing with my own personal experiences: try to reduce that (don't mean to hurt u) but i saw my mom feeling really very bad when i used to shout at her before marriage. 😭  i am short tempered girl though now a lot much is gone after marriage πŸ˜† but if i think of those days i really feel very very bad of my behaviour. this is just a friendly suggestion πŸ˜›

Swetha
swethasyam08 thumbnail
Originally posted by: KripaRajput

Shweta nice topic. Will reply only after hearing from other kids.

And I belong to the other side...Am a parent.

Hey no problem. take ur time πŸ˜Š

Swetha