Indian TV Show Hitler Didi Creates Controversy

Wings-of-Fire thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Indian TV Show Hitler Didi Creates Controversy-

Speaking to the Wall Street Journal, a spokeswoman for Zee TV stated that the channel had received the letter from the rights group; however, they are yet to respond to it. She said that the show's title has got nothing to do with Hitler himself and clarified that the show is intended to portray the girl's temperament. The spokeswoman said the show till date has not received any complaints from India on its name.  Later she declined to comment on whether they are considering changing its name.

A member of the civil rights group Abraham H Foxman said, "It was 'shocking' that millions of soap opera fans in India are now hearing and talking about a program with the name 'Hitler' on a daily basis."

This kind of a controversial title in India has often annoyed the observers as the German dictators name is used more casually in India than elsewhere to tag a person who is extremely strict and has a dominating nature.

Last year in 2010, renowned Indian actor Anupam Kher opted to back out from the film named "Dear Friend Hitler," after being condemned by the fans. The Film is featured on the letters that Mahatma Gandhi wrote to Hitler. However, the film was finally made but with a different actor in the lead role. There was also an action packed Hindi movie named "Hitler" that was released in 1998 featuring Mithun Chakravarty in the lead role.

http://www.siliconindia.com/shownews/Indian_TV_Show_%C3%A2%E2%82%AC%CB%9CHitler_Didi%C3%A2%E2%82%AC%E2%84%A2_Creates_Controversy-nid-99248-cid-1.html
Edited by -roshnee- - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Its-My-Life thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Internet Marketing ...all these websites copies same content from each other ðŸ˜† .. 

thanks for sharing 
EtherealRati thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
the matter is seriously becoming serious...i mean every site writing articles on it...😒
-RS- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
This has become an serious issue.I don't understand why PH and channel are nt responding to this and changing the title.why there r so much crazy about having HITLER thing as a title.if they can think,they can have much more catchy,interesting and beautiful titles for the show.
  Organisations like ADL can even ban the show in their countries as the title is offending.
Edited by sireeluvarti - 12 years ago
Pratamesh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hope this thing doesnt cause trouble for the show
tfs
Star_001 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
thanks for sharing the news
bones88 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hope its get resolved... thaanks for sharing
-Rinky- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i dont understand this hoopla about the word hitler...he was an awful dictator so were many others...the word is being used as an adjective not to glorify Hitler...so whats the fault? and since when did the germans even watch indian shows that a show's name should be changed due to their frail emotions? weird...
even if they do change the name of the show , it should be changed in other countries not in India...
neha333 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
thanx for sahring
i dont know why this is becoming so big issue
hope they sort it out
Auroni.92 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

They shud take it seriously now..I dnt want my fav show to be banned in other countries...

Plz change the name soon...its scaring me now...