pj04 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

they have ruined every character now.....

armaan is a hopeless, useless, liar devdas style drunkard who gets bashed every now and then(he should consider hiring bodygaurds/babysitters who can drive him home when he is dead drunk)

jassi is a snotty, overconfident, devdasi kind of female with severe personality disorders

nandu is jassi's confidante and sidekick who seems to have no life/ambitions of his own. he lives to serve jassi.

purab is a millionaire who would rather be chauffer(his dream job).not to mention he seems to get a kick out of being humiliated and rejected.

mallika is a obssessed female scorned by her fiance......she has a major problem with moving ahead with life. lately she seems to be moving from a sensible businesswoman to completely clueless bimbo

pari is a brainless pretty face who seems to have only two ambitions in her life....to drag jassi through mud and snare a very rich husband.

raj is a sadistic advisor of armaan . his way of doing business sucessfully is dependent on taking any female related to deal for a ride and dump her later

aryan is the angel of vengence....he tries to accomplish his goals with evil flourish even ones that can be achieved in right and fair manner.

nandini is fairy godmother who picks a probono petcase every year(this year it was jassi). she pushes, pulls, goes through the motions uncaring that her protege is not interested in any of her plans/make overs. the more stubborn the protege , the more she gets a high out of changing her(jassi must have given her an unprecedented amount of satisfaction and sense of accomplishment

the gang is devoid of any human emotions like jealousy, competitiveness, split loyality.....thier life's ambition is to see jassi succeed and serve her unquestioningly

suris are the becharas who ended up with a useless immature son heading thier life's work and destroying it . they can't bring themselves to take ant action and save either armaan or gm from impending doom.

walias are the most clueless parents/ gaurdians in the universe. they  never question thier daughter's rapid rise in gm,her extreme devotion and loyalty for armaan and her late night sojourns in office. they even do not get offended and upset or fly in murderous rage when the perfect purab jilts thier daughter(it is almost as if they expected it), they never try to sort the premarital jitters/issues between them(most parent are all over thier kids)

models are often criticised of being self involved and shallow. apparently these days they spend thier free time encouraging/convincing average looking girls to change in beauty queens.

not meant to offend anyone

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lakshmi_maruthi thumbnail
my my Pj... You are in one of those moods today ... Good observations ..
sowmyaa thumbnail
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† good analysis PJ.... glad to read your posts again after a while. I still miss active posts of ideas too.
jprasad thumbnail
see I told you Ekta has taken over!  πŸ€’
sowmyaa thumbnail
I agree...it seems more like Kekta's show !!! 😑
meghavi thumbnail

Originally posted by: jprasad

see I told you Ekta has taken over!  πŸ€’

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†...true ture...

Good observation PJ!

Edited by meghavi - 19 years ago
samie thumbnail
 i agree as well

ides thumbnail
excellent analysis as usual puja.....πŸ‘
Mallika's character was one of the consistent ones, she had certain class and now it seems that she is being tarnished with the same brush as Aryan......she was never the kind to lie or stoop low to get what she wanted....

on the other hand, it was refreshing to see that Jassi did realise the reason for her outrage at Purab's proposal of the modelling contract and accept that it wasnt her doubt for Purab's intentions that was responsible for her reaction, but the instictual fear that was her constant companion courtesy of Armaan Suri.....

Also Purab did not lay low for Jassi to run all over him this time......I think he drew the line at being humiliated publically by her (abt time too)and urged her to keep their private battles out of the public eye....
bas02 thumbnail
great analysing pj04!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘ It is a real shame it has had to end up this way though
ummm thumbnail

πŸ‘Very nice character outlining, pj04!

I beg to differ on the "character runing" part though. The characters are pretty much the same they were in BLF (except Purab and Bebe, who were non-existent, and Jassi's mom, who was more like what bebe is in JJKN) and I think they have been very well thought out.

I think the problem is more with the implementation of a borrowed storyline in an Indian setting. T&D twisted it to cater to the desi audience (taking inspiration from some other high-voltage Indian drama serials), but ended up highlighting some characters too much and other too little, introducing bloopers that were many times very obvious, and adding too much spice to keep the TRPs high!!