Posted: 12 years ago
I had been watching DABH from day 1. I really like the series - it has got a lot of lessons to learn from.

Every mother wants her children to be married and happy in their married life; even if the son is the apple of her eye. Once a son is married the mum should realise that the son is not hers only but he has a wife with whom he has taken vows and promised to keep her happy.
Mothers should realise that he is no longer that son whose life revolved around her only NOW he has a wife who has entered the new household with a dream and a faith in her life partner. She is here to make her son prosperous and happy and carry the family line forward, to share the ups and dpwns of his life just like she had come one day in the father's life.  NOT to steal the son away from the mothers and feel threatened.

If this is what they think that the DILS will steal the sons away from them and kick them outside then they should never ever get the sons married. Never dream of DILS and grandchildren.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Muskaan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Very good post dear. Mothers should definitely realise and accept the fact that after the son's marriage, his wife has equal right on him. Bhabho cannot and will never accept this fact. She considers Suraj as her Property like most of the indian mothers.
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Well said.  This fact should be well understood by both MILs and DILs and a balance should be maintained there.  The improper balance leads to insecurities.
sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
very true and mother in laws shd also not force their daughter in laws to forget their Parents teachings and Parental house...i hate this dialouge that now you are married ..you hv got nothing to do with your parents and siblings..😡😡

...hope this show changes this mind set of many Mother in laws ...becaz a girl can never forget her parents ..and their teachings ...its a blood relation which can never break...Yeh woh bandhan hai jo kabhi toot nahin sakta...😃

😃
arshi_karish thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
nice post dear...yes sans shouldn't forget that woh bhi kabhi bahu thi...😛
Muskaan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sita11

very true and mother in laws shd also not force their daughter in laws to forget their Parents teachings and Parental house...i hate this dialouge that now you are married ..you hv got nothing to do with your parents and siblings..😡😡

...hope this show changes this mind set of many Mother in laws ...becaz a girl can never forget her parents ..and their teachings ...its a blood relation which can never break...Yeh woh bandhan hai jo kabhi toot nahin sakta...😃

😃

Exactly. How can it be expected from a girl to make such a huge sacrifice?? Indian traditions are totally baseless and irrational.