Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

dhoopkinarey

Goldie

dhoopkinarey

Posted: 02 March 2006 at 10:47pm | IP Logged

I know you all are probably going to think I am mean, but I think this show, more than anything, emphasizes the importance of marriage of equals.  I am in the US, and after seeing the episode where Saloni cannot open a bottle of champagne, it just shows that it is not about just a class problem- it is abiout the values that each class carries.  And when people have to start adjusting, then it means compromising, and compromising leads to loss of identity- it's even statistically proven that marriage of people with similar backgrounds and attitudes are more successful than those who come from different backgrounds and have extremely varied traits (contrary to the opposites attract and complete each other theory).  What do you guys think? Smile

BTW, Love Nahar and Saloni Hug

Edited by dhoopkinarey - 02 March 2006 at 10:49pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion: Marriage of equals" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Shampoo

Groupbie

Shampoo

Posted: 02 March 2006 at 10:49pm | IP Logged
I agree with you

gk_09

Global Moderator

gk_09

BollyCurry Buzzer, Crazy Creatives

Posted: 03 March 2006 at 5:45am | IP Logged
Yeah, I totally agree with u ! I like how Saloni is starting to adapt to the life style. Big smile

pink500

Goldie

pink500

Posted: 03 March 2006 at 11:20am | IP Logged
i agree with you Smile

heartsmart

heartsmart

Posted: 03 March 2006 at 11:21am | IP Logged
I also agree and Nahar should have helped Saloni with the bottle opening.

fannn

fannn

Posted: 03 March 2006 at 11:31am | IP Logged
yeah, I agree.

raji_b

raji_b

Posted: 03 March 2006 at 11:55am | IP Logged
i have to diagree on this one because i have married a person who is totally different from me. he grew up in canada, more westernised, do not know abcd about india, don't watch indian movies(can't understand hindi). me totally opposite to him grew up in india, more conservative, watch lots of indian movies, shows.

this all does not mean i lose my identity. no we love each other even though we are so different. i do what ever i feel like doing. i think the true relationship is what gives you independence and not bind you or make you change. i don't like ice hockey doesn't mean i will not let him watch it either.

and even if you are so alike there has to be some differences in your personality otherwise it will be so boring. we have been married 8 years now and are very happy. now that we are parents of two beautiful kids we have to make compromises with them. why not its unconditional love we both have for both of them.

DivyaD

IF-Rockerz

DivyaD

Posted: 06 March 2006 at 5:12am | IP Logged
Yeah... I agree with ishan2000. A marriage between 2 people with differing interests sometimes is better. Not that I am saying that a marriage of different backgrounds and interests will necessarily work - there is simply most of the time less of a chance for compromise, change confusion. If 2 people are different - there will obviously be a certain degree of compromise - isn't that what life and marriage is about? I dont think that compromise always means letting go of your identity or your goals - to a larger extent it means more a meeting of minds - stretching beyond your own capabilities and own interests to blend with someone else's. If 2 people aren't prepared to compromise - ther is never going to be any common ground. There will always be differences and even possibly animosity.
Just my opinion people... I'm lucky, i think in the sense that I've fallen in love with someone with a very similiar background, not necessarily materially, more so regarding cultural and social ethics, attitudes and behaviourisms. In this country it is very difficult to find some1 similiar to you in this sense, however there are still compromises that are needed to be made with regards to daily life...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top