Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

stars4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: kads_8302

If you accept that the film wasn't crap and is beautiful.. Then it simply means beautiful films are hit😉

may be for u... but its flop no matter whether it is good or bad movie...
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Originally posted by: kads_8302

If you accept that the film wasn't crap and is beautiful.. Then it simply means beautiful films are hit😉

Lol forget it. Raincoat made good business, though it was not a blockbuster or a superhit, it had a good ROI.

Aishwarya is cashing in...

Despite being pitted against a big film like "Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyon", Rituparno Ghosh's intimate "Raincoat" has emerged a sure-fire winner at the box office.

The film has drawn a net collection of Rs.4.5 million in the first week and Rs.3 million in the second week (on 33 prints), according to the film's Mumbai distributor, Hemant Shah of Tilak Enterprises, reports Bollywood Trade.

"I was initially dissuaded by other people in the trade who felt that an offbeat film like 'Raincoat' would not be able to take on a big film like 'Ab Tumhare...' But I trusted my gut feeling and decided to go for the film.

"It worked. The film is doing fantastic business in all the multiplexes and considering the terms on which I acquired it, it has paid off rich dividends," smiles Shah.

http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=4824
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Originally posted by: kshreya2002

http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=3193112&page=5 This is an example of wanting to say something and coming out sounding something else. I remember later Vrinda Rai clarifying that Ash didnt mean to sound so vain.

Ash's answer - "The one event that I would like to change would be my birth. Because I wish I was born earlier, so that I would be a leader of sorts and would have definitely prevented the wars of this world."

Which part of the answer is ambiguous? And for that answer she got a score of 9.39/10. Not so bad, if you ask me!

I still cannot understand how they let Sushmita win because the blunder she committed when she was asked about the textile heritage of India. She said it 'started' with Gandhi's Khadi.. in the 20th century. When the textile heritage of India is centuries old!

Obviously I didnt mean the IVF incident. There is not much point in clarifying about medical rumours as believers will believe and non-believers will not believe even if you give proof.

Not just medical rumours. It applies everywhere. People will believe what they want to believe.

Yes thats the impression most people have wrt her...it would have helped if she would have spoken up at the right time and shut these doodh peete bachche up.

I don't think people have that impression of her. If they do, then they're simply bad at judging. Just because a person is silent doesn't mean she is guilty. If they think she is, then they got serious issues.
Edited by VanityGirl - 12 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: VanityGirl

Ash's answer - "The one event that I would like to change would be my birth. Because I wish I was born earlier, so that I would be a leader of sorts and would have definitely prevented the wars of this world."

Which part of the answer is ambiguous? And for that answer she got a score of 9.39/10. Not so bad, if you ask me!

I still cannot understand how they let Sushmita win because the blunder she committed when she was asked about the textile heritage of India. She said it 'started' with Gandhi's Khadi.. in the 20th century. When the textile heritage of India is centuries old!

It doesnt matter my dear what you think...the judges thought otherwise. Her answer is obviously vain. I cannot interpret any other way apart from this if a person says this...Ash or anyone else:" I would be a leader of sorts and would have definitely prevented the wars of this world."

Not just medical rumours. It applies everywhere. People will believe what they want to believe.

True! But more in case of medical rumours as the rich and powerful can easily manipulate medical proof.

I don't think people have that impression of her. If they do, then they're simply bad at judging. Just because a person is silent doesn't mean she is guilty. If they think she is, then they got serious issues.

The serious issue is not in people but in the way the public perceives Ash which she needs to manage by speaking up at the right time. Keeping quiet isnt helping. Check the comments in these links:

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

It doesnt matter my dear what you think...the judges thought otherwise. Her answer is obviously vain. I cannot interpret any other way apart from this if a person says this...Ash or anyone else:" I would be a leader of sorts and would have definitely prevented the wars of this world."

That is not vain. She exudes confidence and says she would prevent what affected the world the most - wars. If the answer was vain, she wouldn't have come 2nd! More like 4th or 5th.

The serious issue is not in people but in the way the public perceives Ash which she needs to manage by speaking up at the right time. Keeping quiet isnt helping. Check the comments in these links:

That's exactly what I'm saying. Public perceiving something as wrong just because they are silent. So, yes they do have issues interpreting a situation.
TheRager thumbnail

That is not vain. She exudes confidence and says she would prevent what affected the world the most - wars. If the answer was vain, she wouldn't have come 2nd! More like 4th or 5th.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Public perceiving something as wrong just because they are silent. So, yes they do have issues interpreting a situation.

If she can prevent wars what's stopping her now? Chalo if not the World War she could have atleast prevented the Kargil war.
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

If she can prevent wars what's stopping her now? Chalo if not the World War she could have atleast prevented the Kargil war.

She was particularly asked 'if' she was given a chance what she would do. Just like Sushmita said she would have stopped the assassination of Indira Gandhi. But that doesn't mean she would stop the assassination of any other political leader after she became Miss India, for that matter.
TheRager thumbnail

She was particularly asked 'if' she was given a chance what she would do. Just like Sushmita said she would have stopped the assassination of Indira Gandhi. But that doesn't mean she would stop the assassination of any other political leader after she became Miss India, for that matter.

Ash said she would change the timing of her birth as SHE could do a lot for the world etc etc. Sushmita said she would prevent the assasination of Mrs Gandhi as Mrs Gandhi changed the face of India etc etc.
So if Ash is so self confident of stopping wars then now that she is born why doesnt she go-ahead and do something to stop wars? Stopping Mrs Gandhi's assasination is not possible. But stopping wars is still possible given that there are lots happenning around the world and even in India.

Edited by kshreya2002 - 12 years ago
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

Ash said she would change the timing of her birth as SHE could do a lot for the world etc etc. Sushmita said she would prevent the assasination of Mrs Gandhi as Mrs Gandhi changed the face of India etc etc.
So if Ash is so self confident of stopping wars then now that she is born why doesnt she go-ahead and do something to stop wars? Stopping Mrs Gandhi's assasination is not possible. But stopping wars is still possible given that there are lots happenning around the world and even in India.

Similarly lots of leaders are still being assassinated world over even today!
It is not possible for her to stop wars because she is not a political leader. But here she was particularly asked 'if' she could change something in the 'past', what would it be.

If only a citizen could stop wars. Sigh.
TheRager thumbnail
Sushmita said she would if she could she would change an incident that has happenned due to the greatness of the person associated with it.
Whereas Ash said SHE could make an difference by stopping wars if she was born at the right time. Why doesnt she do it NOW when SHE is born? Ash's answer was all about HERSELF. Thats why she lost the crown. Neither Sush or Ash meant it seriously but Ash came across as vain which obviously wasnt the impression she would have wanted to give in a paegent. How difficult it is to accept that instead of making it sound like the greatest thing in the world?
Edited by kshreya2002 - 12 years ago