•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 12 years ago

Home coming

-A +A
Font

After a spate of reality shows including Comedy Circus, Shweta Tiwari is back to doing what she is best at in Parvarrish

There was a phase when producers and channels felt that only new faces could attract viewers. Now the makers have become intelligent and choose actors according to the characters. That is why you see a lot of seasoned actors back in action

You seem to have got the act of a nagging Punjabi mother pat down.

(Laughs) Yes, The show has given me a different role and look, the reason I took up the serial. I am very particular about not repeating myself on the small screen. This is the first time I am playing a non-glamourised Punjabi mother and it is exciting.

You have no qualms about playing a mother. Earlier you played a mother to grown-up children in Kasauti Zindagi Kay.

I am an actress and if the role is good I have no problem doing it. In Kasauti... I played mother to kids who were 5 to 6 years older than me. As far as Parvarrish - Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi is concerned, it is about parenting. It's not about the right and wrong of it but different forms of parenting. Rupali and I play sisters. As Sweety, I am a strict disciplinarian, a control freak where as Rupali as Pinky is sweet and understanding with her children. As the serial progresses, Sweety learns that you can't be strict all the time, while Pinky realises that you cannot always be friends with your children.

Apart from the fact that I am a mother in real-life, I don't relate to Sweety at all. Yes, I do scold and am strict with my daughter (Palak) but that is common to all parents.

You are acting in a serial after a long time. What kept you away?

It was a conscious decision. I was being offered many serials but nothing interested me. Also, there was a phase when producers and channels felt that only new faces could attract viewers. Now the makers have become intelligent and choose actors according to the characters. That is why you see a lot of seasoned actors back in action. The trend started with Bade Acche Laggte Hai. The serials are becoming realistic as both makers and viewers are bored seeing ostentatious sets, heavy jewellery etc.

I have a lot of expectations. We put in 100 per cent for the show. It is complete hard work. All the same, today the competition is very high, so many things are happening that it's not possible to recreate the magic of our earlier shows like Kasauti.., Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii or Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. When I was popular, there weren't many channels and serials reached TRPs of 27-28

Have you been watching Bigg Boss 5?

No,I don't understand the goings-on.

But you were a part of it once and even won the title!

I did but having watched it after I came out of the house, I realised that they don't show the complete truth. The real story does not come out.

After Bigg Boss you have been doing item numbers, the latest one in Miley Naa Miley Hum.

(Cuts in). I am not doing item numbers. Kattu Gilheri is a fun, peppy song. I will never do a raunchy or dirty song.

@screenindia.com

Thankzz alooot 4 sharing dis amazing interview of Shweta..😛🤗
Thank you sharing the article =)
Nice interview !! Yes, I agree with most of her answers and I am going to follow her footsteps of not watching BB anymore ðŸ¤£

Originally posted by -Sabz-

Thank you sharing the article =)
Nice interview !! Yes, I agree with most of her answers and I am going to follow her footsteps of not watching BB anymore ðŸ¤£

OMG..😲😆🤣