Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

India-Forums

Umera Ahmed FC (2) (Page 11)

sarah1024 IF-Rockerz
sarah1024
sarah1024

Posted: 07 January 2012 at 11:45am | IP Logged
@ Mash - Maat is not even half over yet?  Shocked Oh boy, I hate waiting for weekly shows. Damn. I should have watched it altogether after it was over. LOL!

Regarding Humsafar ... dude, I swear it was my mom's friends. Tongue They have daughters/nieces around our age who are CRAZY about the show. So those aunties watch the shows too, along with them. They were the ones who also recommended that god awful Mera Naseeb (no offense to its fans). So I toh didn't even want to watch it. Lekin mom's like chalo dekhte hain na, everyone loves it, blah blah. After two episodes we were both like meh, what's the big deal. Such a filmy track. That Khirad character annoyed me right from the get go. Rone dhone wali nice girl. *shudders*

This is like the case of the boy who cried wolf. Because I used to check out random shows for hot guys, even when I don't do it, sab ko lagta hai ki I'm lying. :P

I'd take Maat over this anyday. Nope, R.com abhi tak nahin dekha. I was too busy watching Maat but it's next on my list.
incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 07 January 2012 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sarah1024

@ Mash - Maat is not even half over yet?  Shocked Oh boy, I hate waiting for weekly shows. Damn. I should have watched it altogether after it was over. LOL!

Regarding Humsafar ... dude, I swear it was my mom's friends. Tongue They have daughters/nieces around our age who are CRAZY about the show. So those aunties watch the shows too, along with them. They were the ones who also recommended that god awful Mera Naseeb (no offense to its fans). So I toh didn't even want to watch it. Lekin mom's like chalo dekhte hain na, everyone loves it, blah blah. After two episodes we were both like meh, what's the big deal. Such a filmy track. That Khirad character annoyed me right from the get go. Rone dhone wali nice girl. *shudders*

This is like the case of the boy who cried wolf. Because I used to check out random shows for hot guys, even when I don't do it, sab ko lagta hai ki I'm lying. :P

I'd take Maat over this anyday. Nope, R.com abhi tak nahin dekha. I was too busy watching Maat but it's next on my list.

@bold...used to? Ouch!

Maat is almost over...and it's worth the wait every week. It's more interesting than Humsafar for sure. Waise I won't categorize Humsafar with K-soaps...nor would I call Khirad a rone dhone wali heroin...she has got some spine...but the story is too typical for my taste.

It's alwaysss next on your list...no UA shows recommendations for you unless you watch R.C first. I'm telling you, you'll love it.

sarah1024 IF-Rockerz
sarah1024
sarah1024

Posted: 07 January 2012 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by incandescence

@bold...used to? Ouch!

LOL haan yaar, used to. Lately I haven't been motivated to check out any show specifically for a guy ... the last one was TVD which I started watching for Damon back in 2009/2010.

I dunno, Khirad seemed pretty boring to me. Even Fawad Khan wasn't that impressive. I saw a few random scenes on YT and he was rather expressionless. Staring + smiling was all he did. Acting wise he was not even half as good as the likes of Faisal Qureshi, Adnan Siddiqui, etc. Aur story ki toh khair baat bhi mat karo. Too typical at this point. Maybe 3-4 years ago it would have seemed novel.

This time I promise R.com is next on my list. I have nothing else to watch anyway.
Usman. IF-Sizzlerz
Usman.
Usman.

Posted: 08 January 2012 at 4:19am | IP Logged
finally read aks's 6th episode

i liked it.. UA dint exaggerate the rona dhona of the mishap which happened with Chirya.. the transformation of Chirya's character was potrayed nicely and there are many reasons which make me believe that chirya is indeed aks  but knowing UA you cant be sure anything can happen..and i agree with incandescence that  aibak can not be Sherdil for the obvious reason that you've mentioned in your post and also because in the end UA introduced a new girl 'fatima' so Aibak's track will now be with Fatima i think
and i think that novel after its completion would definitely be transformed in a tv serial.. would you like to see its dramatized version?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

incandescence

Usman. IF-Sizzlerz
Usman.
Usman.

Posted: 08 January 2012 at 4:24am | IP Logged

Maat's getting more interesting...but it's still very slow. I know I shouldn't, specially knowing what he's going to do afterwards, but I pity Faisal a lot at this point. Credit goes to Adnan Siddiqui, I must say...he was veryyy good in today's epi. Faisal's frustration, his helplessness...all enacted brilliantly by him.

indeed it is getting more interesting.. the only serial apart from daam that i wait to come on air.. but it is a bit slow.. and as mentioned by you Adnan Siddique no doubt was brilliant in this friday's epi.. before this week's epi his character was overshadowed by Saman and likewise his acting was also overshadowed by Saba Qamar but he was brilliant in this week's epi 
@bold.. now i'm quite curious.. what he is gonna do

@humsafar... there is no novelty in the story but it is on top because of Fahad & Mahira.. the story is far from reality..Asher's mom turning evil dint make sense at all.. but talking about its crazy.. my mom and sisters are big fans of this show...my mom who is shopaholic refused to go for shopping yesterday because it was humsafar day.. LOLLOL

Edited by Usman. - 08 January 2012 at 4:29am
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 08 January 2012 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sarah1024

@bold...used to? Ouch!

LOL haan yaar, used to. Lately I haven't been motivated to check out any show specifically for a guy ... the last one was TVD which I started watching for Damon back in 2009/2010.

I dunno, Khirad seemed pretty boring to me. Even Fawad Khan wasn't that impressive. I saw a few random scenes on YT and he was rather expressionless. Staring + smiling was all he did. Acting wise he was not even half as good as the likes of Faisal Qureshi, Adnan Siddiqui, etc. Aur story ki toh khair baat bhi mat karo. Too typical at this point. Maybe 3-4 years ago it would have seemed novel.

This time I promise R.com is next on my list. I have nothing else to watch anyway.

Khirad is boring for the most part...and so is Ashar...but they are both better than your typical K soap leads. Arey there's absolutely no comparison b/w Fawad n FQ...but of course FQ can't beat Fawad's natural...umm..'charm' (?) LOL

Yeah yeah...I'll believe it when you'll actually watch it.
kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 08 January 2012 at 7:53am | IP Logged
I appeal in disagreement...FQ sure can beat Fawad's natural 'charm' with this one thing called knowing how to act the hell out of a character LOL Charm ghar pe rakho, bhai...shayad ek do promos mein accha lagta hai, but not for long thereafter if you can't really deliver anything distinct or poignant. Humsafar and everything about it rides only on hype. It is rather amusing to see people falling all over themselves and declaring it as one of the greats...tunnel vision, it's a spellbinding thing!

incandescence

incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 08 January 2012 at 9:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Usman.

finally read aks's 6th episode

i liked it.. UA dint exaggerate the rona dhona of the mishap which happened with Chirya.. the transformation of Chirya's character was potrayed nicely and there are many reasons which make me believe that chirya is indeed aks  but knowing UA you cant be sure anything can happen..and i agree with incandescence that  aibak can not be Sherdil for the obvious reason that you've mentioned in your post and also because in the end UA introduced a new girl 'fatima' so Aibak's track will now be with Fatima i think
and i think that novel after its completion would definitely be transformed in a tv serial.. would you like to see its dramatized version?

Usman...Finally someone read it.

I had my doubts till the fourth episode, but now I'm almost definite that Chirya is Aks only and Sheherbano, Barbie Doll. It was more evident in this episode...especially the way UA drew parallels b/w Aks' rats scene and Chirya's chhat scene...and she did blatantly compared ShehrBano with a Barbie doll. Of course that could be a false trail she's setting to distract us. I can't believe that the story is half done and we are still discussing who's who. Khair leaving the identity confusion aside...I'm again compelled to say, UA is at her best in Aks. Even without any exaggerated rona dhona over Chirya's sexual assault, she managed to make me cry...to give me goosebumps. The Chhatt scene...I didn't know who to feel bad for Khair Deen or Chirya...the way she finally found solace in his arms...the way he made her hair first before hugging her. And that hug saved her...warna Chirya bhi aik aur Nimmi/Bubbly (FI's Roag) ban jati. Have you read/watched FI's Roag? It's on a similar theme..Nimmi, the child who was assaulted, grew up into a hesitant, always tensed and nervous, looking over her shoulders, jumpy person. Aur Chirya...woh shayed ab Aks ban gai hai...Queen...aisi queen jo king hai (I hope you get the reference).

As for Aibek...yeah he's not Sherdil...it's not possible. Who the hell is Fatima now? Ughhh! I hope she's just a sidey character...the story is confusing enough without the addition of any extra character. Kasam se kya hoga ki toh is wakt kahani hi nahin hai...abhi toh yehi samajh nahin araha kiya hua tha..aur kaun kaun hai...

I want to discuss the scene where Aks came at his house, THE house...that scene raised my eyebrows...but I'm in a rush right now..will come back later to that...

No, I don't want it to get dramatized...but it will be...most probably...one day...

Originally posted by Usman.

indeed it is getting more interesting.. the only serial apart from daam that i wait to come on air.. but it is a bit slow.. and as mentioned by you Adnan Siddique no doubt was brilliant in this friday's epi.. before this week's epi his character was overshadowed by Saman and likewise his acting was also overshadowed by Saba Qamar but he was brilliant in this week's epi 
@bold.. now i'm quite curious.. what he is gonna do

@humsafar... there is no novelty in the story but it is on top because of Fahad & Mahira.. the story is far from reality..Asher's mom turning evil dint make sense at all.. but talking about its crazy.. my mom and sisters are big fans of this show...my mom who is shopaholic refused to go for shopping yesterday because it was humsafar day.. LOLLOL

Haina...I felt the same...AS did overshadow SQ in this epi.

I don't get why Fawad Khan is so hyped NOW...Yeh larkian kiya abhi neend se jaagi hain...where were they during his EP and Maula Jatt days, his KKL and Satrangi days...at that time toh he wasn't even married. LOL Post Dastaan yeh ajeeb sa craze start ho gaya hai FK ka.

Edited by incandescence - 08 January 2012 at 9:46am

Usman.

Go to top