Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: make-believe

I think it was the scene from last to last week of Maat's episode where Saman/Faisal are cuddling on the bed. I didn't watch that episode or this week's but saw this particular bit since I read of people complaining about it, and mujhe toh itna koi khaas zalzala nahi laga ke inhon ne kya dikha diya hai. It wasn't even shot badly...aur ab itna bada HALLBALLLOO mach raha hai? Odd!

I think I understand the HALLBALLO. I believe it's something to do with UA's image...warna ab kiya nahin dekha rahe TV par...the UA fans think everything that comes from UA is supposed to be very clean and decent...religious too perhaps...kuch bhi aisa waisa hota hai toh they jump on UA saying how could you show this/write this/blah blah blah. They don't understand that she's not forcing anyone to act out such scenes...if the actors were uncomfortable they won't shoot these scenes this way.

Aisa hi drama create hua tha when UA released the first chapter of Aab-e-hayat on her page...I didn't read it but people were scandalized because UMERA AHMED apparently wrote Salaar and Imama romancing in public. *shakes head* Good thing her Lahasil and Thoda Sa Aasman came out wayy before she had an FB page...
Edited by incandescence - 12 years ago
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: incandescence

I think I understand the HALLBALLO. I believe it's something to do with UA's image...warna ab kiya nahin dekha rahe TV par...the UA fans think everything that comes from UA is supposed to be very clean and decent...religious too perhaps...kuch bhi aisa waisa hota hai toh they jump on UA saying how could you show this/write this/blah blah blah. They don't understand that she's not forcing anyone to act out such scenes...if the actors were uncomfortable they won't shoot these scenes this way.

Aisa hi drama create hua tha when UA released the first chapter of Aab-e-hayat on her page...I didn't read it but people were scandalized because UMERA AHMED apparently wrote Salaar and Imama romancing in public. *shakes head* Good thing her Lahasil and Thoda Sa Aasman came out wayy before she had an FB page...

What they don't understand is that her writing is also based on realism. And what was shown in Maat or was even written in that first chapter of Aab-e-hayat is only natural. These interactions are happening between married individuals and not namehrams to create such wa-wela...they are not sensationalized in any such way at all that it should amount to an apology from her...but anyways, it's a mentality that I don't understand, so perhaps it would be futile to think about further.
incandescence thumbnail

What they don't understand is that her writing is also based on realism. And what was shown in Maat or was even written in that first chapter of Aab-e-hayat is only natural. These interactions are happening between married individuals and not namehrams to create such wa-wela...they are not sensationalized in any such way at all that it should amount to an apology from her...but anyways, it's a mentality that I don't understand, so perhaps it would be futile to think about further.

See that is the point these ppl fail to understand. Yeh toh phir married couple tha. Even if she has written such scenes and interactions between unmarried individuals there's no cause for wa-wela if the story demands it. Ab Katherine in Lahasil was a prostitute...and they showed that phase of her life as decently as possible but at that time too ppl were outraged because of some scenes. Itna issue nahin hua kyunke FB jaisi kharafat uss waqt nahin thi.
notavailable thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@Farah: If you're reading.. U asked na which one is my fave... and now I can very confidently say its P-e-K and not Amar Bail.. AB is good too , bas I think I prefer Salar-Imaama to Alizeh and Umar..
Originally posted by: howzzat

@Farah: If you're reading.. U asked na which one is my fave... and now I can very confidently say its P-e-K and not Amar Bail.. AB is good too , bas I think I prefer Salar-Imaama to Alizeh and Umar..

Farah will be so disappointed, howzzat πŸ˜† She loves Amar Bail.
incandescence thumbnail
Fatty...Tumhari vacations ab tak nahin hui? Aks kab parhogi?!
Originally posted by: incandescence

Fatty...Tumhari vacations ab tak nahin hui? Aks kab parhogi?!

Mash, my last final is on Monday and Tuesday ko I'm coming to Pakistan 😊 Plan to read Aks has been intercepted πŸ˜†
incandescence thumbnail

Mash, my last final is on Monday and Tuesday ko I'm coming to Pakistan 😊 Plan to read Aks has been intercepted πŸ˜†

Not to sound inhospitable but how many times a year do you come to Pakistan? Tumhare relatives bechare...πŸ˜› upar upar se toh khush hotey honge par andar se sochte honge 'Haye phir agaye!' πŸ˜†Sachi, main toh bahar se aaney wale relatives ke baare mein yeh hi sochti hoon. πŸ˜ƒ Dawaton ka aik endless silsila shuroo hojata hai. Anyway, good luck for your final!
Edited by incandescence - 12 years ago
I have a very small family and we're not the social butterfly types so that's not an issue...people keep on going back and forth peacefully between here and there all the time...in fact, we sorta wait and look forward to seeing each other with child-like excitement...sigh. Funnily enough I guess most people have nightmare relatives right out of Kekta soaps, so the expected mentality about them is ke rishtedaar nahi, koi balaa aagayi ho πŸ˜† My brother's getting married so unfortunately to disappoint you Mash, I have to visit πŸ˜† But yes, I'm not very surprised that you think so about your bahar se aane waalon relatives ke baare mein...who sweeter a person to welcome them than with thoughts like yours?  ;)
incandescence thumbnail

I have a very small family and we're not the social butterfly types so that's not an issue...people keep on going back and forth peacefully between here and there all the time...in fact, we sorta wait and look forward to seeing each other with child-like excitement...sigh. Funnily enough I guess most people have nightmare relatives right out of Kekta soaps, so the expected mentality about them is ke rishtedaar nahi, koi balaa aagayi ho πŸ˜† My brother's getting married so unfortunately to disappoint you Mash, I have to visit πŸ˜† But yes, I'm not very surprised that you think so about your bahar se aane waalon relatives ke baare mein...who sweeter a person to welcome them than with thoughts like yours?  ;)

Ah...taana maar rahi ho mujhey? πŸ˜† Tum do taane aur maarlo yaar kyunke Kekta soaps ke characters toh nahin yeh but yes my relatives do tire me out...yahan waale hi nahin sambhalte, wahan se aatey hain toh dimag kharab hojata hai mera. I have a bigg family...BIG family and everyone in my family except me is a typical social butterfly types who has too much time and money to waste. And we don't have small intimate gatherings with just some close relatives...we have big elaborate events here where everyone can show off their clothes, their cars, their latest gold ring...and discuss the latest gossip. It'd sound like a cliche but it's not them, it's me. I feel like a misfit among them...though I have resigned myself to a fact that I'll always be a misfit anywhere I go...but apni family events mein toh mujhey apna aap almost alien lagne lagta hai...aur mujhey treat bhi ussi tarhaan se kiya jaata hai. Har aik ko mujh se shikayatein bohat hain...kisi ko birthday par wish nahin kiya, kisi ke bache ki tasweer facebook par nahin dekhi, kisi ki nand ki shadi mein nahin gai. My sisters are very social and sweet (too sweet)...I'm an ogre in comparison...because they don't understand that some people are anti-social, reserved by nature.

And wait...you are coming here for your brother's wedding? Yahan ki larki hai? Hayee zalimo!