Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

incandescence thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Fatty...who's in Mora Piya? I haven't even heard of it. I'm only watching Maat these days...there was a time when I used to watch TV all day long...knew everything that was airing on every channel I had on my TV...now if it wasn't for Umera Ahmed, I would have completely stopped watching TV...aaj kal toh everything on TV can be sorted into 'seen that', 'read that', 'behooda' or 'cheesy'...nothing that goes into the 'decent entertainment' category...sigh...

I still have to edit the first post...abhi toh dil nahin kar raha...kar loongi kisi din...or maybe not...though I'm definitely not 'decorating' it or anything.
incandescence thumbnail
Grace...Do you know Sanam Saeed is going to play Kashaf in ZGH? HOW THE HELL DO THEY EXPECT SANAM TO PLAY SUCH A DIFFICULTTT CHARACTER??!!! This is going to be another Amar Bail, mark my words.
incandescence thumbnail
'Tawaif ka har rishta paise se shuroo hota hai or paise par khatam ho jata hai.'
Woh aur buland awaz mai Surah Yaseen parhnay lagi.
'Toh unki baatain tumhe ghamnaak na kar dain yeh jo kuch chupatay aur jo kuch zahir karte hain hamain sab maloom hai'
Us ki ansoo'on mai bheegi hui awaz kamray me goonj rahi thi.
'Nahi tawaif ko koi maaf nahi karta main nay itnay gunnah nahi kiye k mujhe aik callgirl ke sath zindagi guzarni paray ya meri aulaad call girl k haathon parwarish paye'
'KIA insaan ne dekha nahi k hum nay ussay nutfay say paida kia phir wo taraq paraaq jhagarnay laga'
Khadija ki takleef barhti ja rahi thi
'Tawaif Allah ka naam lay to yeh bhi dhong lagta hai. Kia tawaif ko kabhi Allah mil sakta hai?'
'Phir woh taraaq paraaq jhagarnay laga or hamaray baray mai misaalain paish karnay laga. Kia woh apni paidaaish bhool giya'
Chand lamhon k liye wo khamosh ho gai uss nay bheegay hue chehray ko aasteen say saaf kia,
'Main apni aulaad ko tumharay pass kabhi nahi choroon ga kabhi meray peechay mat aana,jis din tum ne usse court se lenay ki koshish ki mai ussay qatal kar doon ga.'
Uss ki aasteen ansoo'on say bheeg gai samnay dewaar per us k betay ki tasweer lagi thi uss nay chand lamhon kay liye ussay dekha ussay yaad aya woh ro raha tha uss ka dil bhar aya.
Soorah Yaseen ki aakhri ayaat baaqi theen uss nay tasweer say nazrain hata kar sar jhuka liya
'Uss ki shan yeh hai kay jab woh kisi cheez ka irada karta hai to is say farma deta hai kay HO JA to woh ho jata hai. Woh Zaat pak hai jis kay haath mai her cheez ki baadshahat hai or uss hi ki taraf tum ko loat kar jana hai'

-La hasil

I'd recommend the book to everyone who hasn't read it yet. Or at least watch the play based on it...it wasn't as good as the book...but better than most adaptions. This was one book that I read after watching the show...actually before this I had only heard of Umera Ahmed from my sister...it was a time when I was completely off Urdu books...and my Api is a bit cheesy so I don't usually trust her judgement...but this play intrigue me enough to get a copy of PeK from the library...aur us ke baad toh I read all her stories non stop 😆

Usman. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: incandescence

who's in Mora Piya? I haven't even heard of it.

new serial started on Geo.. starring Adeel Hussain and Aminah Sheikh
incandescence thumbnail
'Exuse me sister!' Rawish par dheeme kadmon ke saath chalti hui woh group mein sab se peechey thi, jab iss ne bench par batthe huay uss larke ko achanak utth kar Sister Elizabeth ki taraf barhte aur inhein rokte dekha tha.
'Mujhey aap se baat karni hai, mein esaai hona chahta hoon. Iss ke liye mujhey kya karna hoga' Bheege lehje mein kahey gai is buland jumle ne poorey group ko ruk jaaney par majboor kar diya tha. Woh bhi baqi sab ki tarhaan uss ka chehra dekhne lagi.
'Your name?' Sister Elizabeth ne kuchh herani se iss se poocha tha.
'Muhammad Hadeed' Iss ke jawaab par aik lamhe ke liye uss ka saans ruk gaya tha.

-Hasil

These are the first few lines from Hasil...the most interesting start of a UA book for me. Another one of my favourite...again I'd recommend it to everyone who hasn't read it yet.  I'm reading it again these days...mood hua toh I'll post more excerpts from it.

P.S...It's a very short story...just saying...
incandescence thumbnail
Originally posted by: Usman.

new serial started on Geo.. starring Adeel Hussain and Aminah Sheikh

Aaahh...no wonder Fatima Ji is watching it 😛 😆
Usman. thumbnail
^ Haasil was the first ever novel i ever read.. and absolutely loved it.. infact i never knew who Umera Ahmad is before reading that.. 
Usman. thumbnail
Originally posted by: incandescence

Aaahh...no wonder Fatima Ji is watching it 😛 😆

the promos looked interesting.. but i missed the epi.. 
incandescence thumbnail
Ok, wait I read on YT abhi it's a tragic story and it seems like one from its OST but Fatima mentioned it's comic on the other page...is it the same show?
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
I think howzzat posted the promo of Mora Piya in the last FC somewhere, no? Anyways, I wasn't going to watch it since it looked run of the mill and forgot all about it until yesterday MJ posted on her FB page that she saw and liked it. I checked it out for the heck of it and whaddayouknow? It was actually a decent watch, not too bad. I've read of people saying it's filmy and all that (as Geo shows are, surprise surprise), but maybe since I watched a pretty crappy quality video, mujhe toh kuch khaas aisa nahi laga...theek tha. Its one episode gave me a better laugh than all of Akbari Asghari combined together would 😆 Some one liners and scenes were delivered really well. 

Two things that I liked about the show: 1) the premise of the lead guy (Faisal) being a journalist, and how the story revolves around threats to his life and family as a result of his profession --- that is a little different from usual, and if this story was in hands of a different channel than Geo, it could have made for a very, very good show based on this concept, and 2) the jazzy background music gives the show a good, quirky and continuous sa pace.

They should have had Mohib Mirza as Faisal and it would have been much better because he can totally pull of that strong journo vibe (hey, like Roag, nahi?) and has a good comic timing too. Anyways, the first episode was decent time pass, aage ke story aur 'tragedy' ka pata nahi!