Page 1
Page   of 150
Page 2 Page 150

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 01 December 2011 at 8:37am | IP Logged

Link for the first FC: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1502823

I'll edit this post as soon as I get time...carry on with your discussion guys.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

angeliqra-sourire-sarah1024rajeevkiijann-Hina-wadi..doll

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Umera Ahmed FC (2)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Usman.

IF-Sizzlerz

Usman.

Posted: 01 December 2011 at 9:01am | IP Logged
bookmark

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

wadi..doll

sarah1024

IF-Rockerz

sarah1024

Posted: 01 December 2011 at 9:20am | IP Logged

Congrats on the new FC! :-)

Who here has watched Man-O-Salwa? I saw it pretty recently. Didn't like it as much. The plot got predictable after the first few episodes. I could tell that Faisal Qureshi would dump Resham for a wealthier girl and in turn, she (Resham) would pursue a career in show business to make money. And that's exactly what happened. The ending was blah and the addition of 7568658 extra characters throughout the episodes didn't help. Overall it wasn't as strong as some of UA's other shows in my personal opinion.

I didn't know that casting couches were so rampant in the film industry though. That part came as quite a shocker!

P.S. I know I haven't replied to anyone's post from the Uraan discussion that I wrote several weeks ago. I'm really sorry about that. I guess I got lazy and kept putting it off. I'm not a very prompt responder, especially when the discussions are deep and lengthy. *holds ears apologetically* But I did read them all, and thanks a million for replying to my post in the first place! Appreciated it. Embarrassed

Edited by sarah1024 - 01 December 2011 at 9:20am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

howzzat

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 01 December 2011 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Sarah...I haven't watched Man-O-Salwa...saw some scenes though...it was an awful, awful adaption...the book was one of the best works by UA. Someday I'll post some excerpts from it. UA herself claim that it was one of her best work and Zaini, one of her favourite character.

About the end...it's one of those ends by UA that only a few liked...itni argument chalti hai iss ke end par har waqt. Even I and Farah had one in the first FC...I won't call it a 'good' end but it was an apt one IMO.

Hmmm...there were a lot of characters in MoS but as far as the novel is concerned UA gave a lot of detailing to each one of them in the story. In the play toh they even edited out Karam Ali's past history...baki characters ko khaak details dete. As for the film industry...oh Sarah...no offense but you live under a rock as far as Pakistan is concerned. You know the characters in the novel MoS...the whole film industry...was ten times more corrupt than what they showed in the play and yes, it's all true.

Edited by incandescence - 01 December 2011 at 10:53am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sarah1024howzzat

howzzat

IF-Sizzlerz

howzzat

Posted: 01 December 2011 at 11:20am | IP Logged
Congrats to everyone for the new FC!!

sarah1024

IF-Rockerz

sarah1024

Posted: 01 December 2011 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
@ Mash - MoS was a book? Didn't know that. I'm sure it was better than the mediocre show. Books are usually better than their screen adaptations.

To me it wasn't about the ending being good, bad or appropriate. I found it dull because by the time the show reached that point, I had stopped caring about Zaini and her dilemmas. The second half of the show was too long and pointless. I had to forward most of it.

Faisal's character's wife was a psychotic bitch, btw. I refuse to believe that anybody could be this retarded in real life. She was always fuming about something.

No offense taken; I do live under a rock as far as some of the South Asian issues are concerned. LOL! So the Pakistani film industry is ten times more corrupt and manipulative than what was shown in MoS? Oh wow. I don't know what to say. :S

incandescence

IF-Sizzlerz

incandescence

Posted: 01 December 2011 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
No, Sarah...the characters in the book MoS were aik number ke thharki, cheap and far worse than what they showed in the show. Umera and her Kaminey characters...koi jawaab nahin unka. Baki Pakistani Film industry bhi bohat corrupt hai yaar...

sarah1024

IF-Rockerz

sarah1024

Posted: 01 December 2011 at 12:40pm | IP Logged
@ Mash - True. UA ke kaminey characters ka koi jawab nahin. Sab aik se badh kar aik hote hain. She excels at creating the most despicable characters ever, lol.

I think Pakistani television is way more dignified than its film industry.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top