Page 6 of 6

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 6

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 22 February 2007 at 5:18pm | IP Logged
ABOUT DIVIDE & RULE -

It was up to us, to see the foreign intention and not fall pray to them.  Why were we busy fighting among each other?  I am sure you hated the movie I will quote here.  A woman has an affair with a married man.  After several years of the marriage broken, the women meet ata a party by chance.  The home-breaker apologizes to the other woman saying " I should not have broken your home".  The other  woman replies " How would yu have broken it, unless it was cracked already.  It is true that you should not have WIDENED the cracks"  - ( this will crack up maya Embarrassed i hope)

Same holds good with British and state of Indian subcontinent back then.  It was cracking and they broke it completely.   Blame is shared by both.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 22 February 2007 at 5:23pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "British Rule in India (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 22 February 2007 at 5:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

5. Partition was a huge disaster that we all complain about even till date. Forced unification was a bigger disaster in my 4 eyes. We may have been peaceful being smaller and segragated states. Lack of Sovereignity and dependency would have BROUGHT us WILLINGLY together over couple of years post independence. Some of us would have progressed and some digressed. I feel that ones unable to progress sometimes drag the entire country along to be a proud member of third world Dead

Cutie, I have thought about the same several times. I concur.

We sure have a fellowship of the M-M sisterhood here LOLLOLLOL.  so glad to have u.

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 February 2007 at 5:24pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

souro

souro

Posted: 22 February 2007 at 5:25pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by souro

For the moment lets forget about the common people and the numerous languages of India. You didn't answer my main question, why do people who know Hindi doesn't speak in Hindi at an international meet??

May be because English is also an official language of India.

I can't speak for them but I am sure that I won't speak in Malayalam at my kid's PTA meeting. Embarrassed

PTA meeting LOL ofcourse not but I'm talking about scientific or diplomatic meets where other countries use their native language.

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 February 2007 at 5:26pm | IP Logged

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 February 2007 at 5:29pm | IP Logged

Sound

IF-Rockerz

Sound

Posted: 22 February 2007 at 7:31pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

A woman has an affair with a married man.  After several years of the marriage broken, the women meet ata a party by chance.  The home-breaker apologizes to the other woman saying " I should not have broken your home".  The other  woman replies " How would yu have broken it, unless it was cracked already.  It is true that you should not have WIDENED the cracks"  - ( this will crack up maya Embarrassed i hope)

LOLLOL Cutie, Not only me but Neetu will have something to add too.

This is what I am repeating in most of my posts in this thread ' They created the rift because we gave them scope'. There was so much animosity. That is why it was easier for them to divide and rule.

A wonderful example QTClap

Sure as heck Maya loved it, for reasons more than the obvious ones....LOL.... It's not just mere co-incidences anymore KayaWink

United we stand, divided we fall! This comes even before the divide and rule. We had been divided to be begin with, and the British were smart enough to exploit this fact. Had India been presenting a united front right from the start, The British couldn't have dared. But as QT put it 'cracks' were there and it's not too hard to break them.

...M...

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 July 2007 at 7:21pm | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top